Belfast Millies told to put a sock in it!

Started by ziggysego, June 08, 2007, 11:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

School puts stop to 'pyjama mamas' 

Parents taking their children to school were wearing their pyjamas

Looking at women in their nightwear has become a sight for sore eyes for the principal of one east Belfast primary school.

Joe McGuinness of St Matthew's Primary School has written a letter to parents asking them not to wear pyjamas while they drop their children off at school.

Mr McGuinness's letter said the trend was setting pupils a bad example and was also making staff uncomfortable.

He said as many as 50 women were gathering at the school gates in their nightwear every morning.

Sinn Fein representative in the area Niall O'Donnghaile said the most important thing was the fact that the parents were making the effort to make sure their children got to school.

'All Day Pyjama Syndrome'

"The principal at St Matthew's put the letter out and it is understandable that as the principal of the school he is concerned about how comfortable the staff are and the issue of setting an example for the children," he said.

"I have spoken to a number of parents with children at St Matthew's and they have told me that the figure of 50 would be very exaggerated.

"Since Mr McGuinness put the letter out the people involved have stopped, so fair play to those parents involved.

"They took the advice of the principal and obviously they did not realise the offence they were causing."

The journalist who first noticed the little known condition of ADPS or "All Day Pyjama Syndrome" was Robin Livingstone, editor of the Anderstown News.

"The 'pyjama mamas', as they're known, are the women who would leave their children to school in their pyjamas and, go about their business, go to the supermarket and go about their daily lives wearing their pyjamas," he said.

"What Joe McGuinness is arguing, it shows a lack of respect and it is showing a very bad example to the children."

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6735455.stm
Testing Accessibility

new devil

SuperMac

Mamas in Pyjamas - is this just a Belfast phonemenom or what ?  ;D . I remember a woman in the Hole in the Wall gang used to do a sketch dressed in her pyjamas, curlers in her hair, fag in the hand etc.  :D

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: SuperMac on June 11, 2007, 01:05:07 PM
Mamas in Pyjamas - is this just a Belfast phonemenom or what ?  ;D . I remember a woman in the Hole in the Wall gang used to do a sketch dressed in her pyjamas, curlers in her hair, fag in the hand etc.  :D

You see it in the Northside of Dublin too.

guy crouchback

it has spread to sligo as well, and i believe it is common in limerick

Sky Blue

It's common in areas of Liverpool too. An awful sign of laziness.

theskull1

followed one of those utube links and came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_E8HbVYro

Jesus christ. I hate the thought that such people exist
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera