Derry Hurling

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, September 18, 2010, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoireGael

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on September 20, 2010, 11:09:34 PM
O'Cathain's are there now aswell, only at underage. Covers Limavady, Magilligan & Ballerin area.

Great to see  :)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Great to see new club!
Stop and think what it must be like to hurl in Derry City (Na Magha)
You very rarely hear any complaints from these guys, they just get on with, although unless you live in the city you could not grasp how difficult it is to compete against soccer, yet Na Magha battle on and on and on-true Gaels.
They have only been provided 3 games this year at senior in league-JOKE
They p[layed c'ship 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing about semi-JOKE
They prepared for c'ship with the hope that if they were lucky and won through that they might get into Ulster. Wait for this. They were told LAST WEEK only that they cant go into Ulster because they won junior in Derry last year. Fair enough you might say but Derry Board never told them nor regraded them for Ulster. This means that they are the only club in Ulster that have not been given opportunity to play in competition that would lead them to Ulster-MASSIVE JOKE
How will hurling in county progress if these guys are kicked and kicked again.

joecanning

eoghan rua for an all ireland title in hurling...u heard it here first

nrico2006

Quote from: joecanning on September 21, 2010, 01:52:33 AM
eoghan rua for an all ireland title in hurling...u heard it here first

Not a chance.  Nowhere near good enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Lecale2

That's a real kick in the balls for Na Magha. How did that happen?

johnneycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 21, 2010, 12:42:20 AM
Great to see new club!
Stop and think what it must be like to hurl in Derry City (Na Magha)
You very rarely hear any complaints from these guys, they just get on with, although unless you live in the city you could not grasp how difficult it is to compete against soccer, yet Na Magha battle on and on and on-true Gaels.
They have only been provided 3 games this year at senior in league-JOKE
They p[layed c'ship 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing about semi-JOKE
They prepared for c'ship with the hope that if they were lucky and won through that they might get into Ulster. Wait for this. They were told LAST WEEK only that they cant go into Ulster because they won junior in Derry last year. Fair enough you might say but Derry Board never told them nor regraded them for Ulster. This means that they are the only club in Ulster that have not been given opportunity to play in competition that would lead them to Ulster-MASSIVE JOKE
How will hurling in county progress if these guys are kicked and kicked again.

Is Mrs Sands still involved with them?

I can't see that sort of thing happening on her watch.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lecale 2

Here is how I see it and why I think Na Magha have been well and truely shafted!

Donegal-Everyone goes into Senior Championship and winners go into Ulster Junior. Proper Board backing them all the way

Down- 3 grades within county, everyone knows the score at the beginning of the year, and everyone gets chance to progress to Ulster. Proper Board backing them all the way

Fermanagh-Senior C'ship winners go into Ulster Intermediate and losers go ino Ulster Junior. Proper Board backing them all the way, everyone getsa chance.

Antrim-3 grades within county, everyone knows the score at the beginning of the year, and everyone gets chance to progress to Ulster. Proper Board backing them all the way

Armagh-Bit complicated but basically they have 3 grades in Ulster and every club has a chance at some level to progress to Ulster at soem level. Proper Board backing them all the way

Cavan-Every club gets chance to compete for county c'ship and progress to Ulster Junior. Proper Board backing them all the way

Tyrone-Every club play in same round robin competition and winners of overall c'ship go into Ulster Intermediate, other clubs battle out to go into Ulster junior. This year N Colmcille couldnt go back into Ulster Junior but their county gave them chance to compete to go into Ulster Intermediate  through county round robin. Proper Board backing them all the way

Monaghan- Bit complicated again but evey club got to play in c'ship within their own county which could lead them into Ulster. Proper Board backing them all the way

Derry-Na Magha too weak for Derry senior c'ship  and and not eligible for junior because they won it last year, although they play in it this year again it leads them nowhere. This means that Na Magha have no c'ship that would lead them to Ulster because Derry never regraded them to intermediate nor told them situation until end of last week!! I think this is unique in Ulster
Derry Board is a shambles and doesnt care about hurling in county at all never mind about hurling in the city

help-me-search

have Derry even got the players to compete with the downs and Antrim???
i cant think of 5 that wood get close to the antrim team?
on the other hand Armagh seem to be on the up but not Derry, which is good to see for ulster hurling.
what would be the best 15 in the county at the minute?

ha ha derry

It,s time hurling clubs got their act together and vote a hurling representative onto the county board. Someone who won,t be tramped on. The county board behave the way they do because they are allowed to. I think the current county  board would listen and respond to the proper voice.

youbetterbelieveit

What should be done is a Hurling Board should be set up and should have the authority to look after hurling matters within the county.

Carnview

Quote from: ha ha derry on September 22, 2010, 07:50:57 PM
It,s time hurling clubs got their act together and vote a hurling representative onto the county board. Someone who won,t be tramped on. The county board behave the way they do because they are allowed to. I think the current county  board would listen and respond to the proper voice.
Seem to remember J B Bradley being a hurling rep on the county board???

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I agree with ha ha derry. The real hurling men in each club need to get their voice properly heard, we might stand a chance now that Mc Cloy has gone.

I dont think Anne Sands is involved with any club in Derry anymore, though I doubt if even her persuasive voice would be heard.

The guy who posted the comment about Armagh is bang on. The reason they are progressing is down largely to support from board. Derry have the hurlers but proper support structures are not in place within county and same degree of enthusiasim from board doesnt exist.

Latest example of disrespect for hurling is the farce/fiasco otherwise known as Derry Intermediate/Reserve/Junior C'ship-board not even sure what to call it anymore! I have seen all terms used on either Derry Website or press this year.
Only 2 fixtures have been played, Slaughtneil played q final approx 3 weeks ago - they had to arrange their own ref after appointed ref failed to show. This would never happen in football.Na Magha played their match 5-6 weeks ago and have heard nothing since.
The other fixtures have been fixed twice and cancelled twice not sure of reasons but-ome clubs are using football as excuse. Lads lets be realistic if you cant field in both codes why should everyone else suffer.
I heard that some of the remaining junior c'ship games this weekend might be off again because of football league games. Surely c'ship at any level come before league games

noskill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 23, 2010, 12:16:03 AM
I agree with ha ha derry. The real hurling men in each club need to get their voice properly heard, we might stand a chance now that Mc Cloy has gone.

I dont think Anne Sands is involved with any club in Derry anymore, though I doubt if even her persuasive voice would be heard.

The guy who posted the comment about Armagh is bang on. The reason they are progressing is down largely to support from board. Derry have the hurlers but proper support structures are not in place within county and same degree of enthusiasim from board doesnt exist.

Latest example of disrespect for hurling is the farce/fiasco otherwise known as Derry Intermediate/Reserve/Junior C'ship-board not even sure what to call it anymore! I have seen all terms used on either Derry Website or press this year.
Only 2 fixtures have been played, Slaughtneil played q final approx 3 weeks ago - they had to arrange their own ref after appointed ref failed to show. This would never happen in football.Na Magha played their match 5-6 weeks ago and have heard nothing since.
The other fixtures have been fixed twice and cancelled twice not sure of reasons but-ome clubs are using football as excuse. Lads lets be realistic if you cant field in both codes why should everyone else suffer.
I heard that some of the remaining junior c'ship games this weekend might be off again because of football league games. Surely c'ship at any level come before league games
Watch the lineout the Derry senior footballers put out next year. I bet there will be at lest 6 players that would make the hurling team

fiftyfiftyball

Quote from: Carnview on September 20, 2010, 10:35:52 PM
Derry Hurling Clubs?

Ballinascreen
Banagher
Eoghan Rua's, Coleraine
Lavey
Kevin Lynchs
Na Magha
Swatragh
Slaughtneil

This is probably why people in derry are more interested in football.  above is the list of hurling clubs and from the derry website this is the list of football clubs below.

Ardmore - St Marys
Ballerin - Sarsfields
Ballinascreen - St Colms
Ballinderry - Shamrocks
Ballymaguigan - St Treas
Banagher - St Marys
Bellaghy - Wolfe Tones
Castledawson - St Malachys
Coleraine - Eoghan Rua
Claudy - John Mitchells
Craigbane - St Josephs
Desertmartin - St Martins
Doire Colmcille
Doire Trasna - Na Pairsaigh
Drum - St Colms
Drumsurn - St Matthews
Dungiven - St Canices
Faughanvale - St Marys
Foreglen - O'Briens

Glack
Glen - Watty Grahams
Glenullin - John Mitchels
Greenlough - St Oliver Plunketts
Kilrea - Pearses
Lavey - Erins Own
Limavady - Wolfhounds
Lissan - St Michael's
Loup - St Patricks
Magherafelt - O'Donovan Rossas
Magilligan - St Aidans
Moneymore - Henry Joy McCrackens
Newbridge - Seán O'Leary's
Ogra Colmcille
Sean Dolans
Slaughtmanus - St Marys
Slaughtneil - Robert Emmets
Steelstown
Swatragh - Michael Davitts

Think this tells its own story. 

Carnview

Quote from: fiftyfiftyball on September 26, 2010, 05:50:29 PM
Quote from: Carnview on September 20, 2010, 10:35:52 PM
Derry Hurling Clubs?

Ballinascreen
Banagher
Eoghan Rua's, Coleraine
Lavey
Kevin Lynchs
Na Magha
Swatragh
Slaughtneil

This is probably why people in derry are more interested in football.  above is the list of hurling clubs and from the derry website this is the list of football clubs below.

Ardmore - St Marys
Ballerin - Sarsfields
Ballinascreen - St Colms
Ballinderry - Shamrocks
Ballymaguigan - St Treas
Banagher - St Marys
Bellaghy - Wolfe Tones
Castledawson - St Malachys
Coleraine - Eoghan Rua
Claudy - John Mitchells
Craigbane - St Josephs
Desertmartin - St Martins
Doire Colmcille
Doire Trasna - Na Pairsaigh
Drum - St Colms
Drumsurn - St Matthews
Dungiven - St Canices
Faughanvale - St Marys
Foreglen - O'Briens

Glack
Glen - Watty Grahams
Glenullin - John Mitchels
Greenlough - St Oliver Plunketts
Kilrea - Pearses
Lavey - Erins Own
Limavady - Wolfhounds
Lissan - St Michael's
Loup - St Patricks
Magherafelt - O'Donovan Rossas
Magilligan - St Aidans
Moneymore - Henry Joy McCrackens
Newbridge - Seán O'Leary's
Ogra Colmcille
Sean Dolans
Slaughtmanus - St Marys
Slaughtneil - Robert Emmets
Steelstown
Swatragh - Michael Davitts

Think this tells its own story.
It tells the real story that all those clubs have done nothing to promote all GAA sports!  Credit to those dual clubs for giving our youth the choice.