Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on April 11, 2007, 02:00:13 PM
Fermanagh at their lowest ebb in years Tyrone should have no problem advancing.
Nothing, with the possible exception of Cavan, raises the collective ire and loathing of Fermanagh men and women that the word "Tyrone". Living on the border between the two counties and having worked for a time in Enniskillen, write the Erne men off at your peril.  :o

Mr. Nakata

My team for May 20th. I expect the squad to be culled this week or next.

1.Packie - (Often poor decision making and kick-outs of little benefit but I can't
              see MH giving Curran his chance)
2.Ricey - (Raises game for championship, but good to see MH hauling him in when he's
             getting a roasting
3.Joey – (Has looked at home in the middle, but I would call number 3 a crisis
             situation at present)
4.Carlin – (Close call with McGee here. Watching McGee in the latter stages of '05 was
             pure joy, but this is '07 and Carlin is playing well defensively. Dermot, don't
             shoot.
5.Harte – 3 cracking games followed by a stinker. 2 beautiful points followed by some
              incredible wides. I like Harte, most of the time.
6.Block – quality
7.Justy – has shown enough for me. Id like to see him hit 45's and long distance frees
             from the left. He scores them for fun for his club. O'Neill does not look like
             scoring them at the minute. If Jordan is fit, he may get the nod. McMahon will be
             unlucky.
8.Big Sean – immense
9.Hub – Put himself about against the maigh oh, has done more for me than any other of
            the contenders.
10.Dooher – starting to hoover again. Will improve in the summer months.
11.Penrose – Not his biggest fan, but his last couple of performances have given me
                   hope. He works his arse off.
12.Mulgrew – Still not convinced, but shows glimpses of what's on offer.
13.SON – come on Stevie, one moment of genius, that's all it might take. I'm begging
              you.
14.McCullogh – The Dromore man gets the nod if Mugsy gets his anticipated 8 week ban.
15.McGinley – Quality, versatile player. If only he could contribute more on the
                    scoreboard and shoot low when in on goal. But I'll always find a place for
                    McGinley.

nrico2006

Have to agree with Tyroneboi although I would have enda mcginley at 12 instead of mulgrew, and mccullagh in at 15 - always worth a few scores, never gets the credit.  I think Justin Mc Mahon is a very useful option for half back or around the middle.  Mellon could easily be slipped into the middle also.
Packie
Ricey, McMahon, Carlin
Davy, Gormley, Jordan
Hub, Cavanagh
Dooher, McGuigan, McGinley
Mugsy, O'Neill, McCullagh
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mr. Nakata

Imagine a 10-15 without o'neill, mcguigan and peroxide. I'm disillusioned. Our u-21's got spanked by ard mhaca this year. I was at HQ sunday past to view the CBS on the undercard and I have to say Tir Connell and O'Mahany's men both looked fit and aggressive. Tyrone's forward unit is weak at present. At full strength, quality, but approaching championship time, I'm thinking an Anglo Celt 3 weeks before throw in is looking a slim chance at best. A lot of posters on the Championship thread are tipping the lambh dearg to prosper. I reckon there's psychological skulduggery going on there. At this moment in time, I don't think we stand a chance .

ONeill

I think Colm Cavanagh might hit the big time this year....but may start the season as a sub. I think Mickey would've played Mulligan in McGuigan's role, especially if O'Neill was fit. Now with Mulligan out, CHF may go the way of Mulgrew with Penrose missing out. Wouldn't be surprised to see Niall Gormley making his championship debut from the start.

Defensively we're mostly agreed with possibles in McGee/Carlin and McMahon/Jordan.

In terms of the forward division, my selection would be:

Dooher-Mulgrew-McGinley
Gormley-O'Neill-McCullagh

Dpending on form, my fully fit team later on would be:

Dooher-McGuigan-McGinley
Mellon-O'Neill-Mulligan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ClosetotheHarte

The Championship is closing in and with question marks over Mugsy, Brian, Cavanagh, O'Neill and maybe others we're not really sure where we stand.
If everybody's fit for the serious stages of the Championship we'll be there challenging. It's better having injuries now so I'm hopeful that we'll be ok in the Summer with players getting fitter and better as the thing goes on, a bit like 05.
I'd never underestimate Fermanagh who could be dangerous but we should be able to get by in that one and then we'd have 3 or 4 weeks for players to come on another bit for the Ulster semi.
If we can put out a forward line of 10. Dooher 11. McGuigan 12. Mulgrew 13. Mulligan 14. O'Neill 15. McGinley before the end of Summer I'll be over the moon. If that six hits form together and Hub comes good beside Sean we could/should be very hard to stop. But will we have them all together?
At the back we have more options than before with Carlin, McMahon Jnr and McCaul putting pressure on the older heads.

loughshore lad

Sorry lads but am just not that convinced yet by McMahon junior, in my opinion he is not yet in the same league as Davy Hare or Jordan. I have saw him play for Omagh now a fair few times and he has yet to really impose himself on the games I have saw. He is good going forward but not great on the back foot, dont get me wrong both Harte and Jordan can be susceptible on the back fot also but I feel they are better options at the moment. For me the half back line picks itself injury permitting - Harte, Gormley, Jordan.

SlimShady

Mulligan receives eight-week ban 

Owen Mulligan has been hit with an eight-week ban
Owen Mulligan looks set to miss Tyrone's Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh on 20 May after he was hit with an eight-week suspension.
The Cookstown forward picked up the ban after receiving two straight red cards in the space of 48 weeks.

If his appeal is unsuccessful, he will be ruled out of football until 3 June.

Mulligan was initially banned for four weeks after being sent-off for striking in the third round NFL clash with Cork at Pairc Ui Rinn on 24 February.

He was subsequently dismissed for a sliding tackle in the concluding round against Mayo at Omagh on 8 April.

Mulligan has been granted a personal hearing in Croke Park on Thursday night when he will be accompanied by Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey.

Red Hand boss Mickey Harte is already planning for the Fermanagh game without Brian McGuigan, while both Stephen O'Neill and Sean Cavanagh are major doubts.

tyroneman

Couple of things..............

1. Hearing different reports; My understanding is Fermanagh are the 'home' team, can;lt accomodate and so the game is to be in neutral Clones; others keep saying Healy Park..................which is correct?

2. Is Cavlan in or out?

3. If SON, Mugsy and Brian are not avail will MH play the following:

Dooher - Penrose - Mulgrew

Enda - Cavanagh Jnr -Mellon

or will he play my preference..............

Dooher - Cavlan - Mulgrew

Enda - Cavanagh Jnr - McCullogh

ONeill

Cavanagh jnr in the full forward line is an exciting prospect. Didn't big Sean start off there too?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

uselessfootballer

He did indeed, if I mind right did he not score a goal from corner forward in one of the Armagh games in 2002. He moved to midfield during the 2003 NFL

Star Spangler

Fuzzman

Does anybody know of anyone who organises buses to Tyrone matches from Dublin?

Would there be much of an interest in such a bus or do any of ye get together in any pubs in Dublin for live matches?
Are they any Tyrone Owned pubs in Dublin?

Star Spangler

The Quinn brothers of Pomeroy (Rockwell Water) own several pubs and hotels around Dublin.  They're also heavily involved in the Tyrone Association.  The best bet for finding travel arrangements from Dublin is to contact the Tyrone Association (which is Dublin based).  If you want, drop me a line and I can give you some contact info.

Tyrone Association  http://www.tad.ie/

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Star Spangler on April 26, 2007, 04:39:36 PM
Some good news.

Great news indeed Star, best to Brian on Saturday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...