Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I stand by everything I say. He's immensely gifted both creatively and physically but has significant flaws which don't seem to be improving. Just because he does great things doesn't mean we should overlook the weaknesses, especially when they're things that are easy to overcome or that other teammates have been made to do or be dropped.

Overall he's a benefit to the team but the team is constructed around him so he should be. A significant portion of his success is due to the massive work put in by guys who get very little credit in comparison. For all his brilliance he just irritates me with his playground attitude at times. Why is it ok for Jose to be a pr1ck to some lads and indulge Pogba for the same things? I just fundamentally disagree with that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 08, 2017, 09:35:30 AM
I stand by everything I say. He's immensely gifted both creatively and physically but has significant flaws which don't seem to be improving. Just because he does great things doesn't mean we should overlook the weaknesses, especially when they're things that are easy to overcome or that other teammates have been made to do or be dropped.

Overall he's a benefit to the team but the team is constructed around him so he should be. A significant portion of his success is due to the massive work put in by guys who get very little credit in comparison. For all his brilliance he just irritates me with his playground attitude at times. Why is it ok for Jose to be a pr1ck to some lads and indulge Pogba for the same things? I just fundamentally disagree with that.

What type of midfielder are you looking? Henderson type? hard working but feck all else?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2017, 09:40:06 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 08, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

What type of midfielder are you looking? Henderson type? hard working but feck all else?

Anyone can track a run and concentrate. Or play a simple pass and go rather than trying to flick the ball over a guys head 2 or 3 times.

magpie seanie

Speaking of Jordan Henderson - when's the last time the England Captain was dropped and hi club won 7-0???  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 08, 2017, 09:42:26 AM
Speaking of Jordan Henderson - when's the last time the England Captain was dropped and hi club won 7-0???  ;D

was wondering about that the other night, last legs for that lad I'd say, workmanlike but wouldnt fit in the Pools long term plans i'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2017, 11:01:06 AM

was wondering about that the other night, last legs for that lad I'd say, workmanlike but wouldnt fit in the Pools long term plans i'd imagine

Dont know about that. I think he will always feature against the "bigger" teams when the front four dont all play. His attitude and willingness to get stuck in is still important in certain games, i just think against the weaker teams he slows the game down too much. LLanna coming back though could hurt him as well.

What happens with Can in January could also impact on his role. If Can does leave (or sign a precontract) as seems likely, Klopp might be less inclined to play him as much.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on December 08, 2017, 12:48:03 PM

Dont know about that. I think he will always feature against the "bigger" teams when the front four dont all play. His attitude and willingness to get stuck in is still important in certain games, i just think against the weaker teams he slows the game down too much. LLanna coming back though could hurt him as well.

What happens with Can in January could also impact on his role. If Can does leave (or sign a precontract) as seems likely, Klopp might be less inclined to play him as much.

Thought Can was a good fit for Liverpool.... Henderson is horses for courses type player, every club needs them, as do Utd

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2017, 01:38:04 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 08, 2017, 12:48:03 PM

Thought Can was a good fit for Liverpool.... Henderson is horses for courses type player, every club needs them, as do Utd

I like Can,  technically he is very good and he has a great ability to drive at team down the middle but his positional play is not great.  A Kante/Makele type would be ideal but they are hard to come. I hope he does sign a new contract but I think he clearly sees his future elsewhere so good luck to him.

I'm convinced a lot of the bad press Henderson gets is by people who do not watch the full game.  I have seen most of Liverpool's games this year and the amount of work he gets through is staggering. Generally nothing flashy so the only thing that makes it onto MOTD highlights is the mistakes etc. Funnily enough he is the polar opposite of Pogba.  If you watch Utd's game on MOTD and you will see the 4-5 pectacular things Pogba does during a game and he looks brilliant but you do not pick up on any periods where he disappears/strolls about etc as Seanie alluded to. No matter what is happening in a Liverpool game Henderson will be demanding the ball and getting involved (for better or worse). Not trying to compare the two but just agree it is horses and courses. 3-4 different managers have made him captain of pretty high profile teams so he obviously has something about him.

trueblue1234

It was the same with Lucas for years. People who didn't see all the game didn't realise what he got through. But was a valued player. Underrated by a lot of people.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

Fcuk me Sky are really insulting the people Noel Gallagher football pundit...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on December 10, 2017, 05:31:35 PM
Fcuk me Sky are really insulting the people Noel Gallagher football pundit...

Numbers are falling at sky, haven't watched unless at the pub! NBC do a decent sports show

Cunny Funt

Thats two goals that Lukaku has gifted to Man City today. DeGea unlike last Sunday under worked but find themselves behind and will likely lose.

screenexile

Good to see this goal... now we will really see what United are made of it makes for a good finish to the game hopefully!

Captain Obvious

Game should be 0-0 poor errors on all of the three goals.

stiffler

Jose's negative tactics really burning Utd this year when it matters.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009