Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Not sure about that with the u20s, come the championship they wouldn't fear playing the likes of Derry or Tyrone. A league game away to Tyrone at u20 level is prob the hardest fixture you could get.

bannside

We get Donegal in under 20s away EOC and I would expect us to be competitive in that at least. Maybe Derry will test (or beat) Tyrone but they'll be a good team if they do.

imtommygunn

Looks like what happened to us against down may be happening them against Fermanagh. 72nd minute goal conceded.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2023, 02:29:15 PM
We get Donegal in under 20s away EOC and I would expect us to be competitive in that at least. Maybe Derry will test (or beat) Tyrone but they'll be a good team if they do.
Maybe I wasnt the clearest there but I see our u20s being very competitive against anyone. They were still missing key players yesterday as well.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2023, 11:15:29 AM
Tyrone under 20s are different gravy, they are a shoe in for Ulster and quite likely back 2 back All Irelands, so to remain reasonably competitive in Healy Park yesterday for long periods was an achievement of sorts. You can see three or four talents in the Antrim squad that will progress to senior level in the next few years, that's definitely encouraging and fair play to Niall Jackman, his backroom team and county games development officer Paddy Kelly for delivering a programme that is properly facilitating that.
Tyrone probably favourites but wouldn't agree them as a shoe in , Derry Minors won the 2020 all Ireland minor title  and should be very competitive this year

bannside

It's fairly obvious that I've neglected to take Derry into consideration...totally forgot that they win minor title 3 years ago so definitely plenty of quality there too.

Big shout out due to Terry Reilly who was elected to the highest echelons of GAA administration over the weekend. He is Ulster's representative on the GAA national Coiste Bainiste, a position never held before (to my knowledge) by an Antrim administrator. Worthy recognition for a man who has served diligently and with commendation often under the radar. Congratulations Terry.

Lár na páirce 1

Could well have been 3/3 for us but for bad luck
Andy has the lads going well the Fermanagh game now is crucial not only for the league but for this teams development.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2023, 10:39:58 PM
Big shout out due to Terry Reilly who was elected to the highest echelons of GAA administration over the weekend. He is Ulster's representative on the GAA national Coiste Bainiste, a position never held before (to my knowledge) by an Antrim administrator. Worthy recognition for a man who has served diligently and with commendation often under the radar. Congratulations Terry.

You really do need to wake up sometimes bannside and smell the coffee!

Saffsof82

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on February 20, 2023, 08:02:47 AM
Quote from: bannside on February 19, 2023, 10:39:58 PM

You really do need to wake up sometimes bannside and smell the coffee!

This board is worse than the cryptic crossword in the IN, ffs if you've got something to say get on with it

bannside

My thoughts exactly Saffs....open to correction at all times lol!

Brendan the announcer before the game called out Ronan Boyles name at full back, but it was Eoghan McCabe who lined out, so that's what led to the radio commentator getting  his lines crossed. McCabe had a fine game to be fair.

Would ye whist

Funny, how it seems there is a lot more on here wanting to talk after a defeat than after a win

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on February 20, 2023, 02:00:43 PM
Funny, how it seems there is a lot more on here wanting to talk after a defeat than after a win

Been saying it for years, we are a bunch of moaning c+#ts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Assume the stand at Corrigan is West Terrace?

imtommygunn

I think stand sold out for saturday? There's west terrace 1 and 2 which I assume are just terracing either side of stand?

MR takes one to know one  ;D

Great win on saturday which gives us a bit of hope. Tough enough run of games now with Fermanagh, Cavan and Westmeath to come plus then Longford which is the must win game but if we can get some points from the other games that'd be great. I can't see us getting anything of Cavan but I have a funny feeling we might get something from the other two games (not maximum points lol).

haranguerer

Mebbe thats it. Options are West Terrace 1, 2, or East Terrace just