Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Helix.

Quote from: Don Draper on September 09, 2019, 10:05:33 AM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 09, 2019, 09:55:50 AM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on September 08, 2019, 08:30:46 PM
I'd say Castletown will be kicking their lips at playing their rivals Camross, who aren't hurling well so far. Borris-Kilcottom will take care of Ballinakill fairly easily I'd imagine.

The real championship probably won't start until the semi-final stage though.

This is what I meant by shadow boxing. I believe that you will see a different Camross by the semis. Not that they weren't trying against C/B or B/K but they were a mile away from the intensity they normally show. Can't see Castletown getting anywhere near them in the quarters.

How do the semi draws work? I assume it has to be an open draw if Camross and B/K prevail as both have played Ballacolla already?
No Zane, no party.

Camross intermediates were decent yesterday against Clough Ballacolla which was the most entertaining game I'd say over the weekend. Oisin Bennett would be pushing to be involved with seniors but not till after intermediate final. Think he got about 2:4 from play and got on savage amount of ball. Matthew Collier surely will go up aswell once that's over. Been very decent for the games I've seen to date.

Neutralobserver

this is a great championship and it is wide open. camross,b/k, c/b and r/e all have a chance and its hard to call and castletown have a good young team coming through again but i think its a bit early for them this year. ballinakill are safe but i cant see them upsetting the odds

Neutralobserver

any1 got any update on zane keenan for the weekend

merman

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 20, 2019, 09:19:53 AM
any1 got any update on zane keenan for the weekend

Apparently well-ahead of schedule.
I'd be hopeful that he'll be fit to take some part.

merman

No sign of Zane but signs of progress for Camross.
They were stunned in the first half but utterly dominant in the second. To be fair to the Camross management, they have improved noticeably in the second half of games against BK, Abbeyleix and now Castletown. That'll stand them in good stead in a semi-final where they may go in as slight outsiders, especially if they draw Rathdowney/Errill.

Can only see a pretty comfortable BK win tomorrow. I can't see how Ballinakill will have the legs in defence to live with the BK forwards.

Don Draper

Teams will regret not having killed off Camross by now

burdizzo

Don't really know what happened Castletown in the second half - fumbling, over-hit passes, poor decisions. Didn't score for something like the last 15 mins. Lighter and younger than Camross, who dominated the physical stakes in the second half.
Stapleton not too whistle-happy, which I'd consider a good thing, even if a few fouls were missed. Much rather it that way than the other.

Blow-in

He then thought the car park was a boxing ring. Another shameful evening for laois gaa referees again. When will they learn?

Neutralobserver

Castletown on the up again. Give them few years and they will be competing again

Helix.

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 22, 2019, 11:12:25 AM
Castletown on the up again. Give them few years and they will be competing again
Young team that'll surely kick on in a few years. Portlaoise back down to senior B again. Horrible conditions in Colt. Abbeyleix got the goals at the right time. Just about deserved the win. Yo yo ing up and down frustrating to see where Portlaoise will go next.

Neutralobserver

semi finals as perdicted. now the real stuff starts

les Antiques

Quote from: Batman!!! on September 21, 2019, 09:37:53 PM
He then thought the car park was a boxing ring. Another shameful evening for laois gaa referees again. When will they learn?

😂 shameful evening for laois referees ?  It wasn't that bad Batman . 

Spiritof1915

Sad to see Portlaoise dropping down again. In the absence of tommy and Healy no leaders showed.
I fear for them going forward.
With the exception of the u15s their competing at B level underage so the future is not promising.

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 23, 2019, 01:15:41 PM
Sad to see Portlaoise dropping down again. In the absence of tommy and Healy no leaders showed.
I fear for them going forward.
With the exception of the u15s their competing at B level underage so the future is not promising.

Portlaoise at Juvenile level aren't even competitive in the B in most age grades bar minor,didn't even bother to enter a Feile team this year.

Said it before and will say it again,Juvenile hurling in Portlaoise is in crisis.