Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2017, 10:31:19 PM
Operacion Puerto in the news again. As someone tweeted today, somebody just go ahead and leak it ffs

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Tennis_Stories/44440/operacion-puerto-3536-athletes-may-be-involvedbut-no-one-is-found-guilty/

I know. I am tired of it now. Just leak all the names ffs

bennydorano

Story on the back of the 'i' paper this morning about 6 Footballers (PL/EFL U18/U21 / Womens) testing positive for recreational drug use.  Also says there'll be significantly more testing for PEDs this season.

JimStynes

If football was tested to the level of cycling there would be loads more caught

oakleaflad

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2018, 08:33:40 AM
Story on the back of the 'i' paper this morning about 6 Footballers (PL/EFL U18/U21 / Womens) testing positive for recreational drug use.  Also says there'll be significantly more testing for PEDs this season.
If this is across all leagues from Premier League to League 2, including underage and women's teams then i'm not surprised at 6 doing recreational drugs. I'd say there are plenty more who smoke a bit of weed or do cocaine when out and about (it's everywhere).
PED's are a different kettle of fish altogether.

AZOffaly

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 08, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2018, 08:33:40 AM
If this is across all leagues from Premier League to League 2, including underage and women's teams then i'm not surprised at 6 doing recreational drugs. I'd say there are plenty more who smoke a bit of weed or do cocaine when out and about (it's everywhere).
PED's are a different kettle of fish altogether.

They just tested Maradona 6 times.

Eamonnca1

Sure what odds about recreational drugs?

bennydorano

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/48102479

Caster Semenya: Olympic 800m champion loses appeal against IAAF testosterone rules

I'd imagine this will be overturned somewhere along the line. I'd be of the opinion that a lot of those who rise to the top of any elite sport are in some way genetic freaks (in a very lucky way).

screenexile

Complicated case and for the case of one athlete I think it's the right decision. . . I know it's extremely harsh on Semenya but you need a level playing field for womens sports and while it is hugely offensive to one person you have to look at the overall picture and the rise of trans athletes being able to switch gender in sports which is ridiculous!!

oakleaflad

WT4E

Makes you wonder how Mo gets away with it and how they thought giving him thee old sir title was a good idea!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 01, 2019, 10:51:43 AM
https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/49882757

Alberto Salazar banned for four years for doping violations.

This is massive. Nike also have massive questions to answer. Of course it will be met with a wall of silence.

nrico2006

Will Farah ever be caught though?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 01, 2019, 11:31:40 AM
Will Farah ever be caught though?

Probably quickly putting together a statement distancing himself from Salazar

All you have to do is google fancy bears and Mo Farah....says it all.

imtommygunn

Up to his neck in it. Must be questions on Radcliffe too. The dogs on the street knew Salazar was up to his neck in it so why were they associating with him??