Name your three favourite songs by... [Eric Clapton]

Started by AustinPowers, November 30, 2023, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Truthsayer on April 17, 2024, 08:44:53 PMSame: Tears in Heaven, Wonderful Tonite... I like 'Why Aye Man'.. was tune for TV series Auf Wiedesen Pet (proby misspelt!) Really caught the migration to get work from Tyneside (same as Ireland)... 'economic refugees' and the carnage caused by Thatcher..
We had no way of staying afloat
We had to leave on the ferry boat
Economic refugees
On the run to Germany
We had the back of Maggie's hand
Times were tough in Geordie land...

Was that not Mark Knoffler?

Applesisapples

Can't find My Way Home (Blind Faith)
Wonderful Tonight
Lay Down Sally

Ronnie

Truthsayer

Quote from: Applesisapples on Today at 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: Truthsayer on April 17, 2024, 08:44:53 PMSame: Tears in Heaven, Wonderful Tonite... I like 'Why Aye Man'.. was tune for TV series Auf Wiedesen Pet (proby misspelt!) Really caught the migration to get work from Tyneside (same as Ireland)... 'economic refugees' and the carnage caused by Thatcher..
We had no way of staying afloat
We had to leave on the ferry boat
Economic refugees
On the run to Germany
We had the back of Maggie's hand
Times were tough in Geordie land...

Was that not Mark Knoffler?
Jees! So it was! What am I smoking!! 😱

Ronnie

"I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out."

Truthsayer

Quote from: Ronnie on Today at 11:29:14 AM"I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out."
Every saint had a past, every sinner has a future...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-clapton-apologizes-for-racist-past-i-sabotaged-everything

Eamonnca1