Sky Sports 1 v Sky Sports 2

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, July 22, 2009, 10:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Half thinking of getting Sky for the first time. I see one packages plus sky sports 1 or 2 is £27.50 while the whole sports package is £35.50 as well (I assume this include Sky sports 3 also?)

Would I be better goinf for Sky sports 1 or 2? Or is the whole package well worth the money? What sort of sports are on SS1 and what are on SS2? I think I'm right in saying that SS1 has the premiership while SS2 has the champions league. Wouldn't be too worried about missing champs league as have it on rte anyway. Are all the premiership matches likely to stay on SS1, particularly given that sky have extra Monday night matches from this season? What channel gets the Heineken Cup games?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

anportmorforjfc

I think most of the heineken cup games are on SS1, (when this is on some premier league evening games are moved to SS2 OR SS3) though for champions league games you are able to press red on either SS3 or SSxtra and watch any game you want every tues and wed night.

When sky had the mon night games (before setanta took them) from what i can remember they were all on SS1.

David McKeown

Does ss3 not come as standard when you get either ss1 or ss2?  I have the whole package as the sports are the only thing I watch and find it great.  Although I dont get Sky Sports News which I would watch most often and have to switch to freeview (although I believe that SSN becomes part of the package next month)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Leg End

pay the extra £8 you'll kick urself sum nght wen summat is on the other channel u don't get
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Main Street