Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

Have to say I was taken aback at that too.

Quote from: Calm Down on September 26, 2020, 09:31:32 PM
MR2 not an attack here, however an honest question! Are there any rules or advice that you are given as part of refs training in relation to PR and internet use? I am astonished that you have launched into an attack against Cargin today and you reffed them in a SFC final only last season?

GiveItToTheShooters

Calm Down

'Twas a back hand handed sky dig, about Magill not being a mouth however that must have been taught to him by him original club, or something to that effect

paddyjohn

I think there is a rule that all posts on forums must be cleared by the head of the refs committee and croker..

I could be wrong though.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Calm Down on September 26, 2020, 09:31:32 PM
MR2 not an attack here, however an honest question! Are there any rules or advice that you are given as part of refs training in relation to PR and internet use? I am astonished that you have launched into an attack against Cargin today and you reffed them in a SFC final only last season?

Its not an attack but its certainly a wind up!

Calm Down

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2020, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 26, 2020, 10:19:11 PM
I think there is a rule that all posts on forums must be cleared by the head of the refs committee and croker..

I could be wrong though.
I'm sure that's as easily policed as the manager payment.

Was a serious point PJ how can a man claim to be impartial but clear spell out that he has a problem with a particular team

BrendanAntrim

I thought todays JFC final was a fitting end to the championship season. It ended up being a close match, despite Ardoyne scoring 3 early goals. There were tactical issues, some wonderful scores - points and goals -  a comeback, and some really strong performances from players on both sides. 

All eyes now on the county scene, we have the fixtures. Weekend of 17th / 18th October is vital for Antrim in both codes.

Well done Sean Kelly especially in the streaming of games. 

Milltown Row2

Eh? Where have I been impartial in my decisions during a game?

As regards to training, during season I'll not post about teams, never have since one poster brought it up years ago.

All referees are not bothered who wins or loses. They only want an easy 60 mins go home.

I seen a tweet from a ref the other week from a club referee which was a bit controversial and said referee was refereeing a club he'd gave off too! Are wee worried? No.

Please highlight where I'm being wrong? I've never ref'd Cargin where they have lost a championship match! I'd be more of a good luck charm to them  :D

Great club, properly focused with mad passionate support, my musings on here are a wind up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2020, 10:54:22 PM
You should start leaking your referee reports to WhatsApp.

Not sure how you can leak a private email  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

I see we have no refs appointed for the Hurling matches tomorrow, does that mean the league isn't being played out?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on September 26, 2020, 11:02:31 PM
I see we have no refs appointed for the Hurling matches tomorrow, does that mean the league isn't being played out?
Nothing till following week

BrendanAntrim

Thats precisely what happened.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2020, 11:14:47 PM
Thats precisely what happened.
Antrim had the breeze and deployed their players better, Ardoyne had a sin bin and Antrim used the space better

Ardoyne eventually came back into it and managed to win

bannside

Yes big weekend in 3 weeks. County Footballers and hurlers both in action in must win games to deliver on pre season targets.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2020, 10:41:27 PM
Eh? Where have I been impartial in my decisions during a game?

As regards to training, during season I'll not post about teams, never have since one poster brought it up years ago.

All referees are not bothered who wins or loses. They only want an easy 60 mins go home.

I seen a tweet from a ref the other week from a club referee which was a bit controversial and said referee was refereeing a club he'd gave off too! Are wee worried? No.

Please highlight where I'm being wrong? I've never ref'd Cargin where they have lost a championship match! I'd be more of a good luck charm to them  :D

Great club, properly focused with mad passionate support, my musings on here are a wind up
Exactly. Maybe you should be.