Limerick introduce new tactic

Started by Hardy, March 28, 2007, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

The Bluffer's Bugle and Weekly Advertiser

An Occasional Series

Limerick, March 2007.

Football followers have, for years now, scratched their heads in vain for a solution to the appalling diving tendency that has threatened to ruin our game. 

Diving, often seen as a component of the much reviled 'puke football' system, is perhaps most notoriously perpetrated by dual All-Ireland winners Tyrone, though most observers credit Kerryman, Mick O'Dwyer with its invention.

Now, appropriately, another Kerryman, Limerick football manager Mickey Ned O'Sullivan, may have refurbished the county's reputation by coming up with the antidote to this virulent syndrome, with a new tactic introduced at last Sunday's league game against Tyrone. And, like all good ideas, it's simplicity itself.

Rather than try to describe the tactic and the technique behind it, we will allow this picture to illustrate it:
www.geocities.com/hardyarse/401887.jpg

realredhandfan

That went over my head quicker than Ugly Betty

full back

lynchbhoy

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 28, 2007, 01:04:41 PM
That went over my head quicker than Ugly Betty
you
went
down
on
ugly
betty

:o :o :-X

realredhandfan

bennydorano

Orior

Tis a picture of McMenimen burying his head in the stomach of a Limerick forward
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Or, more to the point I think, it is a picture of a Limerick lad grabbing a hould of a Tyronie and not allowing him to go down. Kind of like a rugby tackle where the tackler wants to form a maul and get a turnover rather than a ruck.

Hardy

Sorry lads - sometimes it just doesn't work. As AZ says, it was meant to be Ricey doing his best to fall and the Limerick lad trying to prevent him. At least that's what it looked like to me and I thought it was funny.

There you go. 

realredhandfan

and I get accused of love crimes with Ugly Betty.  Hardy this is worse than the Martin O Connell incidents.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 03:43:56 PM
Sorry lads - sometimes it just doesn't work. As AZ says, it was meant to be Ricey doing his best to fall and the Limerick lad trying to prevent him. At least that's what it looked like to me and I thought it was funny.

There you go. 

Flawed premise, false promise... damp squib!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Yes - pfhhhttt ....

RRHF - after ten years, its incidentS now! He'll be a serial killer in no time.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 03:56:07 PM
Yes - pfhhhttt ....

RRHF - after ten years, its incidentS now! He'll be a serial killer in no time.
funnily enough - he's a butcher by trade.......
:o

timmykelleher

Speaking of diving.... I thought it was interesting at the weekend that the referee gave a free against Mark Kerins for over carrying when he attempted a Klinsmann. I say fair dues to the ref for calling it correctly. Tipp ended up getting a goal from the free.
I hoped in that situation that his manager would hold his hands up and say it was a poor attempt at a dive and tell his player not to be diving (or at least diving that badly), instead Loughnane was complaining that he should have got a free. Dissapointed in that.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

phpearse