Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Larsson back to haunt his old boss  ;)

Another three points on the board this weekend Utd should've had the game dead and buried in the first half. Some of the build up play was fantastic from Utd pity about the finishing or lack of it! A win against Benfica and another against Man City and there'd be a 9 point gap before Chelski face the Gunners. That would be nice going into the Xams period.

maxpower

huge match tonight, i hate when man utd can afford to draw a match to go through, i honestly think it would probaly lead to a better performance if utd needed win to go through.  ferguson needlessly complicates tactics on these occasions.
What happens next????

Uladh

Quote from: maxpower on December 06, 2006, 10:58:23 AM
ferguson needlessly complicates tactics on these occasions.

Slight correction - Quiroz needlessly complicates tactics on these occasions. but fergie llets him!

BenDover

no doubt Utd will start out with a 4-5-1 formation tonight with Rooney out wide on the left. But i really hope I'm wrong and they go for the win and try and win the group with a better goal difference.

magpie seanie

I'm usually seen as a pessimist here but I personally think that tonight will work out ok. The main reasons being that (1) Benfica will have to come out and play, (2) United will have a full side out with a good attitude and (3) its in old Trafford. Could be famous last words but I reckon any team coming to OT at present and trying to win an open game is asking for trouble.

Spiritof98

Agree with seany here if Benfica come at united and take a chance, they'll either be very lucky and nick an early lead and defend like f**k or they go down 4-0. Giggs is the important player tonight in my eyes, if he's flying I don't think we'll have a problem
I'll go back if Marsdens back

hows she cutting

Quote from: BenDover on December 06, 2006, 11:53:35 AM
no doubt Utd will start out with a 4-5-1 formation tonight with Rooney out wide on the left. But i really hope I'm wrong and they go for the win and try and win the group with a better goal difference.

United can't win the group on goal difference, goes to games played between the two, so as Celtic have better goal diff between the two games (3-2 & 1-0) United could only finish second if both United & Celtic win. This is why Celtic have already qualified on 9 points whilst United have not even though they too have 9 points

Think United will win easily enough tonight
Benfica looked quite poor in the game between the two that United won 1-0

Think Celtic will get a draw in Copenhagen

pintsofguinness

Eamon Dunphy says Alex Ferguson is a "disgrace"  :D
Doesnt he see the irony?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie linkbox

Uladh

Management have lost the plot.

Network 2 champions league panel have lost the plot (good viewing though).

rooney is a quare battler but fergie doesn't help him at all.

Ref tonight was the best i've seen in ages.

Farrandeelin

Where are all the ABUs now??? Not a convincing performance but a win is a win. And what more can a team do?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

never kickt a ball

United players used their heads for a change tonight. Well done the three headers!!

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote:
Not a convincing performance but a win is a win. And what more can a team do?

Going on the baove why does everyone complain about chelseas play. They play not great football but a win is a win to them. All the Complaints saying their not fancy playing champs etc.
On tonights man u performance these people should be pretty much silenced.

Not getting at united though. a win is a win and last 16 has been achieved
Its all about the Hurling.

Spiritof98

Good win - But watching the 1st 20 mins I was disapointed at the level of intensity (players and crowd), Ben you called the formation right and no doubt Fergie listened to Queirez. In his after match interview Fergie said that United can only play one way, 'on the edge' and implied that this team had too many young players to 'play patient football'. Why does he then take a chance and go a goal behind and then change it up, they won't get the second chance against the bigger teams.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhere are all the ABUs now??? Not a convincing performance but a win is a win. And what more can a team do?

Not ready to eat humble pie yet, still can't work out how Man U are doing so well. Personally I think Man U would have been better off getting knocked out last night and concentrating purley on the Premiership, they won't win Europe but they now have an outstanding chance in the league simply because winning is a habit and they are picking up wins even when the performances have been poor.
#newbridgeornowhere