Introduce yourself - what's your club and county!!

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Club - St. Joseph's, New Jersey (past member)

County - (support) Offaly

Groot Baas

Mayo
No club

Best: Versus Dublin this year.
Worst: 1974, My first match as a crawler in Croke Park. Tony Hanahoe beat Mayo on his own.
89, vs Cork in '93, 96 x2, 97, 2004, AIF 2006. And the continued disregard for common decency when dealing with our Bainisteoirs.   

jen83

Whats another year .............

towinjustonce

Club: Knockmore
County: Mayo
Best Memory: we've had some great outings in Croker over the years. Padraig Brogan's goal against the dubs in '85 championship is stupendous. The great fielding of Willie Joe Padden and his famous viking bandage in 89 against tyrone. Pushing cars outside An Sportlann in 92; Beating the jackeens this year in the AI semi.

Arthur Guinness

Since Im new on here I thought I should introduce myself first

Club        St Comgalls, Antrim  (altough living in Dublin for the last number of years)

County    Antrim

lynchbhoy

Current club : St. Brigids , Dublin - having played for a few prior to this.
County: Derry
Best Memory:As a player, my first game of Gaelic football, coming on as a sub at under 10 level and scoring 3-1
As a fan - The first game I saw in Croke park - Kerry 4-15 Offaly 4-10 , the opening of Kevin Lynch's Hurling club, Dungiven's new grounds this summer and Derry winning their AI semi final v Dublin in 1993 - after that hurdle, the final was never going to be anything other than a Derry victory in my mind and thats how it ended up.

stpauls

Club: a few clubs to my name, home club: Mullaghbawn, Armagh;  current club: St. Paul's, Down;  previous club: Munich Colmcilles

County:  Armagh

Best Memory: 3 memories stand out, winning first Munich tournament in summer of 2002, representing Europe in the Internationall Championships in September 2002
                      and Sunday 22nd September, being in Croke Park to see Armagh lift their first all ireland!!!

DUBSFORSAM1

Club: Retired but played for 3 years for Luxemboug as my last club

County - Dublin

Best memories - First game Kerry v's Offaly in 82, winning Lux Black Stuff tournament in 2001 and winning first away Tournament for Lux in Brussels in 2002 also jointly setting up and coaching womens team to European League.......representing Europe in 2002 International Championship and managing European Womens team also...

AidyMac

Club - Belcoo, formally Greenlough / Derry
County - Fermanagh
Best Memory - Watching Derry win Sam in 93

Farrandeelin

It's nice to see 3 Knockmoremen using this board. It goes to show that all the new-fangled technology has actually reached the Parish of Backs. How many Ballinamen are there, just yourself Stephenite! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Aerlik

County: Derry

Clubs:

Pearses, Kilrea, Derry
Lavey (Hurling), Derry
St.Brendan's, Manchester
Morley Gaels, Perth, Australia

Best GAA memories:
Playing: Winning the D'Alton Cup with Maghera in 1981, walking out onto Croker in 1985 for Colleges hurling final (don't want to talk about the result though), winning the All-Britain U-21 Championship with Lancashire in 1988 beating the very over-rated London team by a bagful.

Supporting: everything about 1993!, singing Amhrain na bhFiann with my cousin in Perth last year prior to the international rules game
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Forgot me Boots

County: Antrim

Memories, not too many really, diddnt acheive much with my club.

Club

limerickros

County    Roscommon
Club        Abbey Sarsfields, Limerick
Watching Roscommon win the minor final this year has got to be my best GAA memory

Mayo4Sam

The Ballina Lads are prob busy giving interviews  ;)
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Gaaman

Club- Donaghmore
County- Tyrone
Best Moments- 03/05- Sweet to beat Armagh and win first title.  Even better to beat a great Kerry side in a great match!!