Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Rangers are now back at level where they'll be competing every year.

Back to a yo-yo championship, sure that's best and increases the competitiveness of the spl.

Sure what's the fun in one team winning all the time? Be like those complaining about Dublin winning all the time, no fun in that ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2021, 12:09:56 PM
Rangers are now back at level where they'll be competing every year.

Back to a yo-yo championship, sure that's best and increases the competitiveness of the spl.

Sure what's the fun in one team winning all the time? Be like those complaining about Dublin winning all the time, no fun in that ;D
Can only be a good thing having a decent Rangers team. Hopefully pushes Celtic on to improve, they've done f**k all squared in Europe for a brave while now!

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on April 02, 2021, 11:17:07 AM
Have never paid much heed to Bournemouth or Howe tbh so I'm not overcome with enthusiasm, I'd  be wary of a slew of Carl Muggleton & Stuart Slater type signings from the EFL lower reaches.  Another year of terrible signings and it could be a lot more than a one season blip

I would agree with this. He does not have a good track record of signing players. Look at money he wasted at Bournemouth in the last few years. £15m on Ibe, £20m on Solanke etc etc. He seems to have a focus on buying young British players but the market down South is unbelievably overpriced as English clubs just foolishly throw money about.

On the other hand I do think he is a very good coach, he has a track record in having an identity and getting his teams to play a very technical, quick passing game. I would expect players to get a bounce off him similar as to how they did with Rodgers. He does seem a very bland character though but taking a club from League Two to the EPL in a short space of time is an impressive accomplishment irrespective of financial advantages.

Hopefully he can bring on guys like Forrest, Christie etc who regressed massively under Lennon and finally start to get Mikey Johnston delivering on his ability.

I think most fans are fairly happy with this when we've had Lennon for two years and had names like Keane and Kennedy being bandied about for some time. He is certainly rated down south but I think he sees this as his opportunity to make his name, win some trophies, bring the club on and how we do in Europe under him will be the benchmark.

The usual EPL diehards probably can't understand why Howe wouldn't hang on for a job at a Newcastle or West Ham but this is his chance to show he's up to a big job, that he can handle the pressures at a club where expectations are high and results are a must.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Being able to attract a manager of the calibre of Eddie Howe shows that Celtic definitely haven't lost their pulling power as a club

The big names will still come

Here's hoping that Celtic will get what Bounemouth missed after they were relegated to the Championship last year

John Egans left boot

Quote from: sid waddell on April 02, 2021, 02:06:44 PM
Being able to attract a manager of the calibre of Eddie Howe shows that Celtic definitely haven't lost their pulling power as a club

Here's hoping that Celtic will get what Bounemouth missed after they were relegated to the Championship last year

Can I ask Sid and others are we on the same planet here!!

Yes Howe done very well with limited resources at Bournemouth no doubts, but this is Glasgow Celtic!!

Last 1st December  reports (unfounded) circulated that Massimo Allegri was about to take over for £2 million for the rest of the season, Allegri like Jesus Christ!! top coach, proven pedigree etc. I have seen photos of him attending Celtic matches, now that would have been a statement. Now we have Eddie Howie!! Jesus guys get real this is a very dodgy appointment if true. Gerard is not exactly shitting it folks? with Allegri Keane maybe Rafa he would have been very cautious approaching next season. Not now.

Just my opinion!!

Armagh18

Quote from: John Egans left boot on April 02, 2021, 06:00:36 PM

Yes Howe done very well with limited resources at Bournemouth no doubts, but this is Glasgow Celtic!!

Last 1st December  reports (unfounded) circulated that Massimo Allegri was about to take over for £2 million for the rest of the season, Allegri like Jesus Christ!! top coach, proven pedigree etc. I have seen photos of him attending Celtic matches, now that would have been a statement. Now we have Eddie Howie!! Jesus guys get real this is a very dodgy appointment if true. Gerard is not exactly shitting it folks? with Allegri Keane maybe Rafa he would have been very cautious approaching next season. Not now.

Just my opinion!!
Allegri? Is he not the lad managed Juventus? All due respect to Celtic but he'd only go to a top European club which Celtic are not atm. I think and hope that Howe will do well- tries to play good football and in a league were Celtic will have by far the best players in almost every game this should go well. He certainly has more pedigree than Slippy G as a manager, although his track record on transfers is questionable.

John Egans left boot

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 02, 2021, 07:38:05 PM
Quote from: John Egans left boot on April 02, 2021, 06:00:36 PM

Just my opinion!!
Allegri? Is he not the lad managed Juventus? All due respect to Celtic but he'd only go to a top European club which Celtic are not atm. I think and hope that Howe will do well- tries to play good football and in a league were Celtic will have by far the best players in almost every game this should go well. He certainly has more pedigree than Slippy G as a manager, although his track record on transfers is questionable.

That's the very man.  Look Howe isn't a great manager he would be if any of the top 6/7 had them as there first choice! they don't. He maybe is a quality coach !!!

Again Celtic football club 60,000 a week supporters 45/50 k season books (could be more if wanted) Supporters in every major city in the world, not beautiful Bournemouth  known for holding the tory party conferences!!!

Celtic once again not fulfilling what they could IMO

This was a time to make a fecking real statement to the UK /European football world. Time we stepped up to the plate etc. Allegri, maybe a German coach, maybe someone like that.

I hope I'm prove wrong but psychology in sport is major. Ask yourself this,  is Gerard and The Rangers psychologically shitting themselves nnoooo!!!

He's never managed in Europe... Rodgers had... Ronny had he??? Lennon had I'm just pissed of they have sold themselves short on this AGAIN. Generally A poor poor effort once again.

One last point Armagh 18 Gerard is lucky to still be in a job if truth be told.. he though he was about to get the sack last may FACT!! The Rangers board stuck with him. I'm not sure if Howe gets that type of run the supporters will accept it.

Gerard has 1 league title (National) Howe has none..  Allegri has maybe 4 !!! well done Celtic..  Still I pray Howe does well..

John Egans left boot

If any of the recent stories are to be believed issues with Howe and personnel and deal still way off.

In the name of god, if true, that club never ceases to amaze me!!

Kennedy and Strachan should have been gone with Lennon, whether they had any big say or not they were part of the nonsense that we seen in 20/21.

I'm convinced Kennedy knows something about someone high up in the club as he seems to be a permanent fixture and Willie Mc Stay too.

Just reading Celtics current women's Manager was R Koemans assistant for a number of years, surely he could have seen things through until the end of the season.

Taylor

Quote from: John Egans left boot on April 07, 2021, 02:53:00 PM
If any of the recent stories are to be believed issues with Howe and personnel and deal still way off.

In the name of god, if true, that club never ceases to amaze me!!

Kennedy and Strachan should have been gone with Lennon, whether they had any big say or not they were part of the nonsense that we seen in 20/21.

I'm convinced Kennedy knows something about someone high up in the club as he seems to be a permanent fixture and Willie Mc Stay too.

Just reading Celtics current women's Manager was R Koemans assistant for a number of years, surely he could have seen things through until the end of the season.

Careful John........on dodgy ground there

general_lee

Few videos of Neil Lennon doing the rounds a little worse for wear. Shame on whoever recorded him

bennydorano

Reading that Howe is keeping us waiting, hedging his bets to see if Palace or Newcastle come in for him. I'd move on straight away if that's true.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on April 13, 2021, 10:27:02 PM
Reading that Howe is keeping us waiting, hedging his bets to see if Palace or Newcastle come in for him. I'd move on straight away if that's true.

Angelo said that Celtic was a bigger draw than a middle of the road EPL team though surely he couldn't have been wrong??!!

themac_23

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2021, 07:29:24 AM
Lennon enjoying his time off.  :-\

https://twitter.com/Marc_Arns10/status/1382064619771027457

who ever videoed that and shared it should be ashamed of themselves (they won't be) NL is a guy who clearly has issues and has spoken openly about facing up to them and spoke about his mental health problems. Nobody should be subjected to being videoed at their lowest for cheap laughs, disgusted at this. Neill Lennon was not a good football manager and I was glad to see him getting the road but people really need to wise up if they think this is funny or something to gloat about

charlieTully

Quote from: themac_23 on April 14, 2021, 09:12:10 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 14, 2021, 07:29:24 AM
Lennon enjoying his time off.  :-\

https://twitter.com/Marc_Arns10/status/1382064619771027457

who ever videoed that and shared it should be ashamed of themselves (they won't be) NL is a guy who clearly has issues and has spoken openly about facing up to them and spoke about his mental health problems. Nobody should be subjected to being videoed at their lowest for cheap laughs, disgusted at this. Neill Lennon was not a good football manager and I was glad to see him getting the road but people really need to wise up if they think this is funny or something to gloat about

+ 1