GAA TV Radio & Webcasts

Started by thejuice, February 12, 2008, 11:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SERVASPORT

I have a workaround to bypass the geoblock that RTE uses, so that anyone, even those outside of the island of Ireland can view their live stream , so if anyone wants to learn how to do it then let me know, if your not tech minded then if you want i can forward you the modified file that you can open in realplayer.

FL/MAYO

Thanks SERVASPORT, could you PM me that...thanks.   Any chance that you might have TV3 unblocked?

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: SERVASPORT on July 10, 2009, 01:02:20 PM
I have a workaround to bypass the geoblock that RTE uses, so that anyone, even those outside of the island of Ireland can view their live stream , so if anyone wants to learn how to do it then let me know, if your not tech minded then if you want i can forward you the modified file that you can open in realplayer.

Could you also send me the details. Away for a few days using the internet in UK and can't get access

SERVASPORT

Right guys first of all apologies to those who were waiting on an earlier response, your posts weren't posted quick enough, but for any of yous waiting to find out how to do this then follow these instructions:

The first thing we need to do is find a link to the .smil file for the particular programme. To do this, first click on the link on the RTE website to view the programme in question. If you are outside Ireland, the embedded Real Player will show a message saying the program is only available inside Ireland. Right-click on this window and select 'open in Real Player'. This will start Real Player as a standalone program and show the same message.In the standalone Real Player, select 'file', then 'clip properties' and 'view clip info' (or CTRL+I). This will display a .smil link. Copy this link.Now you need to download this link and open it in notepad. Trouble is, if you're outside Ireland, this is where the geoblock kicks in. So if I download this link here in NZ and open in notepad I just get some html with 'nz auckland' in it, because it's identified my location from my IP address. One way around this is to use and Irish proxy server, the trouble is a working Irish proxy is ridiculously hard to find, so there's a much easier way: Email the .smil link to a friend in Ireland (32 Counties)and ask them to download to their desktop and open in notepad. Because they're in Ireland, they will get the un-geoblocked version. When they open it in notepad, inside will be a direct .rm link to the stream required. It will look something like this; rtsp://streaming3.rte.ie/geoblock/937781e0c4b2d229ee3c7dd9f8be374f/geoblock/2008/thematch-186581-243.rm

gerry

Quote from: SERVASPORT on July 12, 2009, 02:10:44 AM
Right guys first of all apologies to those who were waiting on an erlier responce, your posts weren't posted quick enough, but for any of yous waiting to find out how to do this then follow these instructions:

The first thing we need to do is find a link to the .smil file for the particular programme. To do this, first click on the link on the RTE website to view the programme in question. If you are outside Ireland, the embedded Real Player will show a message saying the programme is only available inside Ireland. Right-click on this window and select 'open in Real Player'. This will start Real Player as a standalone program and show the same message.In the standalone Real Player, select 'file', then 'clip properties' and 'view clip info' (or CTRL+I). This will display a .smil link. Copy this link.Now you need to download this link and open it in notepad. Trouble is, if you're outside Ireland, this is where the geoblock kicks in. So if I download this link here in NZ and open in notepad I just get some html with 'nz auckland' in it, because it's identified my location from my IP address. One way around this is to use and Irish proxy server, the trouble is a working Irish proxy is ridiculously hard to find, so there's a much easier way: Email the .smil link to a friend in Ireland (32 Counties)and ask them to download to their desktop and open in notepad. Because they're in Ireland, they will get the un-geoblocked version. When they open it in notepad, inside will be a direct .rm link to the stream required. It will look something like this; rtsp://streaming3.rte.ie/geoblock/937781e0c4b2d229ee3c7dd9f8be374f/geoblock/2008/thematch-186581-243.rm

only one problem what if you can not get someone in ireland to email it to, also it has to be in the 26 and not the 32 counties
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoisgaa

Can anyone get the TV3 webstream working

SERVASPORT

If you don't have someone in Ireland to open the file then re-read the post, "you can use an Irish proxy server"

I have also stated that if you can't do any of the above tips then if you gave me notice i could post the link on the forum or email it to you.

PS I live in Belfast an I've been doing this for a long time now mate, and 32 counties as i stated is correct.

Heres a link to yesterdays Clare game (only available in Ireland) for all you exiles. Don't copy the underscores.

_rtsp://od2.rte.ie/geoblock/f21a97123cbb927cceb423bd2fb565b9/geoblock/2009/claregalwayfirsthalf-234166-243.rm_

FL/MAYO

Any links to this weekend games?

ruisliper

Seems Setanta are trying to squeeze a few quid more out of the UK rights and seem to be having a crackdown on all the usual outlets, serving them with copyright infringement notices by the sounds of things.
I wont be subscribing again at £6+ a match anyhow as already had a TV subscription with them which they havent honoured by going off air, have got an IP changer but its very hit and miss, got a bit of the Galway match but was fiddling about and have lost it again.

ruisliper

Surely the GAA should have had a clampdown and taken it off them as the rights were not originally intended to be internet only for the UK, at least RTE seemed to be making a few links available until Setanta have stuck their oar in.

SERVASPORT

Antrim V Kerry for all you exiles open in realplayer without the underscores _rtsp://89.207.56.25/broadcast/rsw2-450.rm_

laoisgaa

If you're interested in watching the games on RTE from last weekend, follow these instructions.

Open Internet Explorer
Click Tools-Internet Options-Connections Tab
Click Lan Settings
Unclick "automatically detect settings" (should be blank)
Click box that says "Proxy Server"
Type in www.telefis.com and port 3128
ok out and open new internet explorer

The Iceman

Quote from: SERVASPORT on July 12, 2009, 02:10:44 AM
Right guys first of all apologies to those who were waiting on an earlier response, your posts weren't posted quick enough, but for any of yous waiting to find out how to do this then follow these instructions:

The first thing we need to do is find a link to the .smil file for the particular programme. To do this, first click on the link on the RTE website to view the programme in question. If you are outside Ireland, the embedded Real Player will show a message saying the program is only available inside Ireland. Right-click on this window and select 'open in Real Player'. This will start Real Player as a standalone program and show the same message.In the standalone Real Player, select 'file', then 'clip properties' and 'view clip info' (or CTRL+I). This will display a .smil link. Copy this link.Now you need to download this link and open it in notepad. Trouble is, if you're outside Ireland, this is where the geoblock kicks in. So if I download this link here in NZ and open in notepad I just get some html with 'nz auckland' in it, because it's identified my location from my IP address. One way around this is to use and Irish proxy server, the trouble is a working Irish proxy is ridiculously hard to find, so there's a much easier way: Email the .smil link to a friend in Ireland (32 Counties)and ask them to download to their desktop and open in notepad. Because they're in Ireland, they will get the un-geoblocked version. When they open it in notepad, inside will be a direct .rm link to the stream required. It will look something like this; rtsp://streaming3.rte.ie/geoblock/937781e0c4b2d229ee3c7dd9f8be374f/geoblock/2008/thematch-186581-243.rm

Is there anyone interested in doing the above before the Quarter Finals this weekend and posting the link for us exiled gaels?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Cosmo Kramer

As above, if anyone could do this and post a link, or better still people that want it could post their details here and have it pm'd to them so that it doesnt get taken off or whatever.

Any pm's to me with links to matches this weekend would be very nuch appreciated!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100