FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2020, 07:51:39 PM
REMINDER!!!

FBD FINAL Roscommon v Galway Sat 18/1/2020 I bPáirc de hÍde.

Any odds yet , I fancy Ros to beat Galway on present form .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Galway team for the FBD final.

1 R Ó Beoláin
2 C Campbell
3 S Mulkerrin
4 J Duane
5 E Brannigan
6 J Daly
7 C McDaid
8 T Flynn
9 C Darcy
10 S Kelly
11 M Daly
12 M Boyle
13 R Finnerty
14 S Walsh
15 A Varley

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team out already

Ronan O'Beolain (Micheal Breathnach)
Conor Campbell (Claregalway)
Sean Mulkerrin (Oileain Arann)
Johnny Duane (St James)
Eamon Brannigan (St Michael's)
John Daly (Mountbellew-Moylough)
Cillian McDaid (Monivea Abbey)
Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Michael Daly (Mountbellew-Moylough)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)
Robert Finnerty (Salthill Knocknacarra)
Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on January 14, 2020, 10:08:16 PM
REMINDER!!!

Galway are bookies favourites if that means anything.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 15, 2020, 01:24:42 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 14, 2020, 10:08:16 PM
REMINDER!!!

Galway are bookies favourites if that means anything.
Roscommon begrudgery/performance levels are lower in the winter. They appear to need exposure to sunlight.
They wouldn't be as motivated by the sight of them herrin choking hoors in January as much as they would in June.
This is priced into the odds. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 14, 2020, 10:46:10 PM
Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)
Six changes from starting 15 v Mayo - mostly lads that were on Sigerson duty last weekend - most interested to see how these lads go at the weekend as a few are playing in key positions where we need to strengthen badly this year.

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 14, 2020, 07:46:10 PM
Just checked there, Mayo are 18/1 to win Sam.

Must be the highest odds since 2012?

Dublin are 8/11!

I would put them as 3rd favorite at 5s or 6s, personally.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 15, 2020, 08:23:40 AM
Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)
Six changes from starting 15 v Mayo - mostly lads that were on Sigerson duty last weekend - most interested to see how these lads go at the weekend as a few are playing in key positions where we need to strengthen badly this year.

Mulkerrin played centre half back for NUIG last weekend, always looked quick when I saw him at minor but looked very ponderous against Dublin in the u20's semi last summer.; It looked like he got to big to quickly and perhaps thats been rectified since.

Interested to see how Campbell & D'Arcy do, same goes with Finnerty. Looking at Finnerty and this may well be very harsh but he still looks he's got a bit of work to do in the conditioning department; Doesn't look like he's fully grown into his body if that makes sense.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)
Big change to see the team out so early in the week this year, in fairness I think it's going to be difficult for an entirely new FB line and goalkeeper that have never played together before, particularly as there will not be as much help as previous FB lines got under KW in terms of player numbers involved in the defensive system this year by the looks of it.

The HB line remains the same from the Mayo match and is the line of the pitch of most interest to me because this is maybe the key line to get right for the year. While he wasn't great last Sunday, John Daly was solid last year and clearly has plenty of football about him, if he can kick on this year he's the man to build that line around, Galway could badly do with McDaid putting his huge potential into effective performances, he has to be given plenty of time and patience in this position for the league to see if he will trend in the right direction. Brannigan was all over the shop in the Mayo match, would hope for a much better showing from him as well.
Big opportunity for D'Arcy to step up and make a claim because a starting jersey in that midfield sector is certainly up for grabs. Finnerty is in the best position to impress because he's playing around established players and the Galway setup is moving to a gameplan where getting the ball in quick and fast to the FF line is the aim.

Rossfan

Dont know whether Anthony C. will give the rest of the panel a run out or whether he'll be starting his probable NFL 15.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

Quote from: TheGreatest on January 15, 2020, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 14, 2020, 07:46:10 PM
Just checked there, Mayo are 18/1 to win Sam.

Must be the highest odds since 2012?

Dublin are 8/11!

I would put them as 3rd favorite at 5s or 6s, personally.

I would have them as third favourites for Connaght too

Manning18

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 15, 2020, 10:27:13 AM
Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)
Big change to see the team out so early in the week this year, in fairness I think it's going to be difficult for an entirely new FB line and goalkeeper that have never played together before, particularly as there will not be as much help as previous FB lines got under KW in terms of player numbers involved in the defensive system this year by the looks of it.

The HB line remains the same from the Mayo match and is the line of the pitch of most interest to me because this is maybe the key line to get right for the year. While he wasn't great last Sunday, John Daly was solid last year and clearly has plenty of football about him, if he can kick on this year he's the man to build that line around, Galway could badly do with McDaid putting his huge potential into effective performances, he has to be given plenty of time and patience in this position for the league to see if he will trend in the right direction. Brannigan was all over the shop in the Mayo match, would hope for a much better showing from him as well.
Big opportunity for D'Arcy to step up and make a claim because a starting jersey in that midfield sector is certainly up for grabs. Finnerty is in the best position to impress because he's playing around established players and the Galway setup is moving to a gameplan where getting the ball in quick and fast to the FF line is the aim.

I think he's shown plenty so far tbh. Early league last year he played a game and a half at wing forward, doing ok with him just being back into football. He was off then until the Mayo game in the summer where I thought he did phenomenally well in the circumstances. We were horrid light at midfield that day with only Cooke fit, he was matched up against AOS on most kickouts where he broke even and he covered masses of ground and carried well. By accounts he was fairly sloppy at the weekend, but that's the total of what we have to go on. I think with his speed and ball carrying ability he'll be far better suited to hard summer pitches. I thought he looked ponderous in early FBD games in 2017. By late spring he was the standout player in the latter end of an U21 championship including Con O'Callaghan, Sean O'Shea and Brian Howard, which probably garnered the Aus Rules interest

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on January 15, 2020, 11:34:37 AM
Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)

I think he's shown plenty so far tbh. Early league last year he played a game and a half at wing forward, doing ok with him just being back into football. He was off then until the Mayo game in the summer where I thought he did phenomenally well in the circumstances. We were horrid light at midfield that day with only Cooke fit, he was matched up against AOS on most kickouts where he broke even and he covered masses of ground and carried well. By accounts he was fairly sloppy at the weekend, but that's the total of what we have to go on. I think with his speed and ball carrying ability he'll be far better suited to hard summer pitches. I thought he looked ponderous in early FBD games in 2017. By late spring he was the standout player in the latter end of an U21 championship including Con O'Callaghan, Sean O'Shea and Brian Howard, which probably garnered the Aus Rules interest
I agree 100% on that which is why I hope he is persisted with in the HB line even if he isn't lighting it up with performances at this time of the year, he looked to be getting into his stride on a good CP pitch in Round Two of the 2019 league against Dublin before he suffered the injury which effectively wrecked his year.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 15, 2020, 12:12:14 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on January 15, 2020, 11:34:37 AM
Galway team out already

Johnny Duane (St James)

Tom Flynn (Athenry)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Mikey Boyle (Killererin)

I agree 100% on that which is why I hope he is persisted with in the HB line even if he isn't lighting it up with performances at this time of the year, he looked to be getting into his stride on a good CP pitch in Round Two of the 2019 league against Dublin before he suffered the injury which effectively wrecked his year.

McDaid alongside Shane Walsh & Comer are the 3 players who stood out most at u20/21 level during the last decade, he's a wonderful talent and has all the attributes to be a brilliant wing back. He's barely played any meaningful senior football so really needs plenty of game time. John Daly was very impressive last year and in fairness there's no too many standout candidates to play centre half back which is in stark comparison to wing half where there appears to be plenty of options. Brannigan probably only has this weekend and maybe next week to make an impression otherwise he'll be out of there. I'd like to see Sean Kelly get a chance at corner back but does not seem likely now, think he played in the full back line against Monaghan last year and di well.

GalwayBayBoy

Half time report from the Hyde.

Not a good game of football.

Galway terrible for the first 25 minutes. Roscommon up 5-2. Galway then kicked 5 on the trot in the 10 minutes before the break.

Minor handbags the highlight so far.