Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on April 15, 2018, 12:28:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 11:40:06 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 14, 2018, 11:37:52 PM
They cant be sacked for taking part in a threesome, therefore their private messages got them sacked. Surprised Gilroy was treated differently. Should every employee now be cautious over what they text or whatsapp as it could get you in bother with your employers?

Well yes, if you've a professional job like health service (doctor, nurse) or teaching or something along those lines you may find that you could be in murky waters

I doubt it. The messages only came into play when they were accused of rape.

As regards teaching. Arrested for a row in a chipper could be enough for a dismissal. Even if there was no conviction. A rape accusation -forget about. Even if you were aquitted.

These are the broad guidelines for dismissal for 'social' behaviour.

Complaints about certain matters that relate to conduct outside the course of a registered teacher's profession on grounds such as convictions for certain offences, and where the conduct is of such a serious nature as would bring the profession into disrepute.

Complaint against a registered teacher can relate to any school-related professional activity, or any activity or role undertaken in their capacity as a registered teacher.

Did you know that teachers weren't allowed to live above a pub at one time? Things have moved on a bit but maybe not a lot.
Bank staff could not join GAA clubs until about 30 years ago or thereabouts.
Some things have changed and life has moved on but  NSFW images and texts haven't and those WhatsApp texts fall into that category.
The boyos may have intended keeping their boastful texts private but it's their own hard luck that they were found out and I get the distinct from talking to others around me that many who felt the verdict was justified are disgusted by the  contents of the texts. "Laddish" behaviour okay but loutish also.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 15, 2018, 09:23:58 PM
They cant be sacked for taking part in a threesome, therefore their private messages got them sacked. Surprised Gilroy was treated differently. Should every employee now be cautious over what they text or whatsapp as it could get you in bother with your employers?

Well yes, if you've a professional job like health service (doctor, nurse) or teaching or something along those lines you may find that you could be in murky waters

As regards teaching. Arrested for a row in a chipper could be enough for a dismissal. Even if there was no conviction. A rape accusation -forget about. Even if you were aquitted.

Complaints about certain matters that relate to conduct outside the course of a registered teacher's profession on grounds such as convictions for certain offences, and where the conduct is of such a serious nature as would bring the profession into disrepute.

Complaint against a registered teacher can relate to any school-related professional activity, or any activity or role undertaken in their capacity as a registered teacher.

Did you know that teachers weren't allowed to live above a pub at one time? Things have moved on a bit but maybe not a lot.
Some things have changed and life has moved on but  NSFW images and texts haven't and those WhatsApp texts fall into that category.
The boyos may have intended keeping their boastful texts private but it's their own hard luck that they were found out and I get the distinct from talking to others around me that many who felt the verdict was justified are disgusted by the  contents of the texts. "Laddish" behaviour okay but loutish also.
Suzanne Moore in the Guardian said they were not guilty but vilely misogynistic. This is why they got the heave ho.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

where did you hear that bank staff couldn't join a GAA club up until late 80s? Sure banks had their own clubs long before then
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Tubberman on April 15, 2018, 09:42:13 PM

where did you hear that bank staff couldn't join a GAA club up until late 80s? Sure banks had their own clubs long before then
May be inaccurate with the time okay but my son in law who was a bank manager told me it was true at one time. Tennis, golf, rugby okay but GAA out of bounds. I heard it 30 years ago or thereabouts but I didn't get find out when the ban was lifted or fell into disuse more likely.
Will check it out and  come back.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on April 15, 2018, 09:32:10 PM
Suzanne Moore in the Guardian said they were not guilty but vilely misogynistic. This is why they got the heave ho.
I can remember when the IRFU were happy to be associated with Digital.

No longer.

magpie seanie

Exeter have distanced themselves from Olding this morning. I would have been surprised if they'd signed either of them.

Taylor

So the fem nazis have succeeded in making sure the two boys dont play in Ireland again. The should be happy with their work

Who is the next target for them?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2018, 09:14:28 AM
So the fem nazis have succeeded in making sure the two boys dont play in Ireland again. The should be happy with their work

No. It was their own actions that got them the door. They've accepted that. I suggest you and the other saddos who can't accept this do likewise.

There was no other decision that could have been made.

Taylor

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 16, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

No. It was their own actions that got them the door. They've accepted that. I suggest you and the other saddos who can't accept this do likewise.

No need to resort to personal abuse MS.  :-\

How has Gilroy got off with a sanction if the Whats App messages were the crux of the problem?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

How has Gilroy got off with a sanction if the Whats App messages were the crux of the problem?

As has already been mentioned he wasn't charged with rape. He didn't leave a girl bleeding and distressed. And I believe he has been sanctioned in some way, just not sacked.

I shouldn't have said saddos - I apologise.

DuffleKing

Why was Gilroy not sacked by the same reasoning?

Olding and Jackson have been sacked because their social / private lives fall short of the ethical behaviour the their employers expect (lets hope they don't thoroughly investigate all of the 18 - 35 year olds in their employment or next year's world cup is a non runner).
Gilroy has ably demonstrated that he is of a like mind in terms of this these private life activities and contributed to the "locker room behavior" that is being so widely opined.

Of the leader of the free world has set these private life standards already.

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 16, 2018, 09:24:43 AM
Why was Gilroy not sacked by the same reasoning?

Olding and Jackson have been sacked because their social / private lives fall short of the ethical behaviour the their employers expect (lets hope they don't thoroughly investigate all of the 18 - 35 year olds in their employment or next year's world cup is a non runner).
Gilroy has ably demonstrated that he is of a like mind in terms of this these private life activities and contributed to the "locker room behavior" that is being so widely opined.

Of the leader of the free world has set these private life standards already.

Seriously?

Taylor

Surely they cant be sacked for being found not guilty and are therefore innocent?

Olding had nothing to do with the girl bleeding.

I can only assume it was the Whats App messages they got the road for?

Taylor

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 16, 2018, 09:23:16 AM
Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

As has already been mentioned he wasn't charged with rape. He didn't leave a girl bleeding and distressed. And I believe he has been sanctioned in some way, just not sacked.

I shouldn't have said saddos - I apologise.

Accepted

Orchard park

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 15, 2018, 10:02:09 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 15, 2018, 09:42:13 PM

May be inaccurate with the time okay but my son in law who was a bank manager told me it was true at one time. Tennis, golf, rugby okay but GAA out of bounds. I heard it 30 years ago or thereabouts but I didn't get find out when the ban was lifted or fell into disuse more likely.
Will check it out and  come back.

would call that out as an urban myth. perhaps in Northern and Ulster it wasnt encouraged and wouldn't be relevant in loads of circumstances but certainly not AIB or BOI