Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2018, 10:32:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2018, 10:06:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2018, 10:00:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2018, 09:55:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2018, 09:41:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 13, 2018, 09:25:14 PM
Well again maybe we will see and maybe we won't!

Success brings people out.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hundreds-protest-at-home-of-ulster-rugby-over-handling-of-jackson-and-olding-36804955.html

Yeah I'm surprised at how many were there, gathering momentum

Is it dawning on you yet that there is a systematic rape culture that this case has become the poster child for yet? How many protests and articles will it take before you realise this is no manufactured fringe outrage?

Did you open the link Syferus ? There was 80 women at it! Hundreds was a made up figure, there was a girl who had a paddy Jackson  t shirt on and went over to them ! I didn't see you there though

What the fûck are you talking about?

Did you read the first line of the article? This might be the best guff you've came out with yet.

MR2, the crowd expert. Nevermind the fact the journalist and photographer were at the protest.

Was talking to a mate at the match .. he said there was at best a 100 there

Is this performance art or something?

square_ball

The talk around Belfast tonight is the two lads are getting the P45 from Ulster. Hopefully they can get their careers back on track elsewhere. Official announcement expected tomorrow.

Kidder81

Jacko and Olding to leave Ulster Rugby, joint statement from Ulster & IRFU tomorrow or Monday

michaelg

Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2018, 10:49:01 PM

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hundreds-protest-at-home-of-ulster-rugby-over-handling-of-jackson-and-olding-36804955.html

Is it dawning on you yet that there is a systematic rape culture that this case has become the poster child for yet? How many protests and articles will it take before you realise this is no manufactured fringe outrage?

Did you open the link Syferus ? There was 80 women at it! Hundreds was a made up figure, there was a girl who had a paddy Jackson  t shirt on and went over to them ! I didn't see you there though

Did you read the first line of the article? This might be the best guff you've came out with yet.

MR2, the crowd expert. Nevermind the fact the journalist and photographer were at the protest.

Was there myself - Small number of protesters there. 100 at best seems a decent shout.

Syferus

Quote from: michaelg on April 14, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

Was there myself - Small number of protesters there. 100 at best seems a decent shout.

I'll trust the experienced journalist and photographer before an anonymous poster on the internet, all the same.

People like MR2 are so incredibly petty that when they know they have no ability to argue against better laws and prosecution of rape they fixate on the absolute most meaningless aspect they can find in the hopes it will take the heat off the reason there's a protest in the first place.

RedHand88

As a male you are also responsible for this "rape culture" syferus. Such is the nature of this identity politics of the noisy far left. Men=rapist.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2018, 01:07:33 AM
Quote from: michaelg on April 14, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

I'll trust the experienced journalist and photographer before an anonymous poster on the internet, all the same.

People like MR2 are so incredibly petty that when they know they have no ability to argue against better laws and prosecution of rape they fixate on the absolute most meaningless aspect they can find in the hopes it will take the heat off the reason there's a protest in the first place.
No one has any issue with people protesting for better laws.

This protest is about stopping 2 men who have been found not guilty from continuing with their careers.

The fact that you need to lie about what they are protesting for,  in order to make your point, says a lot about how justifiable this hate campaign against Olding and Jackson is.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 14, 2018, 07:27:19 AM
Ulster says no.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/irfu-to-announce-departure-of-paddy-jackson-and-stuart-olding-following-internal-review-36803073.html

PJ's house will surely be added to Belfast taxi tour routes.

https://youtu.be/SVDC6kPCkWA

Syferus will be opening up a bottle of club orange on that news!

Seen a guy winking at a girl in Work the other day, god help him if the mob find out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 08:24:19 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 14, 2018, 07:27:19 AM
Ulster says no.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/irfu-to-announce-departure-of-paddy-jackson-and-stuart-olding-following-internal-review-36803073.html

PJ's house will surely be added to Belfast taxi tour routes.

https://youtu.be/SVDC6kPCkWA

Syferus will be opening up a bottle of club orange on that news!

Seen a guy winking at a girl in Work the other day, god help him if the mob find out

Disgusting stuff MR2, he should get the road immediately...oh right read it again there...he was winking at her...winking

sid waddell

If people feel so strongly that the chaps have been treated unfairly they have they option of boycotting Ulster and Irish rugby from here on in.

But I somehow doubt that will happen... ;)

Wildweasel74

End of the day they didnt go; the sponsorship was been pulled! Ulster rugby aint stupid! Money required to run these teams!

seafoid

The case was a pyrrhic victory for the boys. They were acquitted but had huge costs and now they lose their Ireland careers. If Zebo can't play for Ireland neither can PJ.
In Ulster rugby the real legend now is Stockdale.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 14, 2018, 10:21:59 AM
If people feel so strongly that the chaps have been treated unfairly they have they option of boycotting Ulster and Irish rugby from here on in.

But I somehow doubt that will happen... ;)

I'm heading to the Glasgow game next week! The belfast feminists wil be on to something else by then.. Syria maybe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Provided a proper review and not a charade took place I would have no issue with the decision to sack Olding and Jackson. That said I would love to know the exact reason. If it were simply the texts the Gilroy should be going as well. If the review looked at all the evidence and decided on the balance of probabilities that non concensual sex occurred hence the firing then again I wouldn't complain but what ever the reason for the decision I hope they are consistent with it going forward. I might have an issue if they have been sacked because of public opinion or the mere fact they were tried and acquitted.

Were there not reports throughout the trial that Ulster rugby delegates were there on a rotational basis to support the accused?  Strange to do that and then sack them. Then of course I may not be remembering things correctly.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner