Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

This would indicate to me that both players are seeking to get back playing for Ulster and have no intention to move to another club. I think that Ulster rugby and the IRFU would prefer not to have to make this decision but there will likely be another fall out whatever the decision is since the players seem intent on staying put.   

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2018, 10:50:25 AM
This would indicate to me that both players are seeking to get back playing for Ulster and have no intention to move to another club. I think that Ulster rugby and the IRFU would prefer not to have to make this decision but there will likely be another fall out whatever the decision is since the players seem intent on staying put.

I think you are giving too much weight to how many fûcks the IRFU give. They will get rid of them even if they have to pay them something to void the last year of their contracts. They are not coming back. It is as simple as that and some would do well to remember that.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2018, 10:38:56 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ulster-rugby/official-ulster-supporters-club-warns-ticket-sales-may-fall-if-paddy-jackson-and-stuart-olding-are-not-reinstated-36792360.html

From the same link

Elsewhere, in a poll for RTÉ's 'Claire Byrne Live' last night, 55pc of respondents said they didn't want to see Jackson and Olding back playing for Ireland, 26pc said they did, while 19pc said they didn't know.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 10:53:11 AM

I think you are giving too much weight to how many fûcks the IRFU give. They will get rid of them even if they have to pay them something to void the last year of their contracts. They are not coming back. It is as simple as that and some would do well to remember that.

And you're great at predicting things! The boards Mystic Meg
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2018, 11:01:29 AM

I did predict the verdict and the course of the entire trial from square one so you really whiffed on that response, just like your last as it happens.

Dinny Breen

This.
#newbridgeornowhere

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

I did predict the verdict and the course of the entire trial from square one so you really whiffed on that response, just like your last as it happens.

:-\

Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2018, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2018, 04:48:11 PM
Holy f**k this is looking very very bad for the two lads. . . If proven guilty they shouldn't be playing for Ulster or Ireland again!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/it-was-like-a-merrygoround-at-a-carnival-ireland-rugby-stars-accused-of-rape-boasted-about-sex-on-whatsapp-36547048.html?utm_content=bufferf14da&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Those defending them last year will be very quiet today. All the high-priced lawyers in the world won't save these scumbags.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

They may well want to get rid of them but it is only be because of the public reaction and the possible threat of lost sponsorship not because of any great genuine concern over their off field antics or private phone messages. Other players are widely known to have engaged in misdemeanours without any repercussions. If they release them they will have set a precedent for future.

Milltown Row2

Yes as did everyone at the court case did, as there was no case to answer for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 10, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

Holy f**k this is looking very very bad for the two lads. . . If proven guilty they shouldn't be playing for Ulster or Ireland again!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/it-was-like-a-merrygoround-at-a-carnival-ireland-rugby-stars-accused-of-rape-boasted-about-sex-on-whatsapp-36547048.html?utm_content=bufferf14da&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Those defending them last year will be very quiet today. All the high-priced lawyers in the world won't save these scumbags.

Brilliant! 

Asal Mor

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 10, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

;D Hilarious. To be fair to Syf he is easily the most entertaining poster on this board.

It's like David Walsh telling us how he exposed Team Sky.

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2018, 11:29:41 AM

Yes as did everyone at the court case did, as there was no case to answer for
We must have imagined that whole trial then.