Quote from: Syferus on April 07, 2018, 03:24:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 07, 2018, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 02:36:35 PM
Heard Morris on tv the other night! Bandwagon jumper
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2018, 02:27:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 01:21:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2018, 01:14:12 PM
You didn't answer how one joins the internet police. Did you go through training or can you just assign yourself the role ;D

Playing for ulster again would cause a lot of problems for ulster rugby. I think they would lose a decent amount of their fanbase. He probably isn't quite good enough for ireland anyway.

No I'd say if you polled the Ulster rugby fans you'd find he'd be wanted by the majority but the treehugging vegans will picket outside the ground!

As for Sid/Syf he's been wrong on soooooo many threads that even he doesn't believe himself!

Not sure i would agree on the ulster rugby thing.

The only thing for sure is whatever decision they make they will be slated for it.

Know a lot of season ticket holders (not 20,000 of course) at Ravenhill and they'd be more than happy to have him back, considering how they have been playing (bar last nights great win) as for the mainly based women giving off, I'm not seeing it through my social media (though I'm not on twitter) it's generally been positive from rugby people..

though what I have noticed is plenty bandwagon jumpers who have separate agendas in my opinion and looking likes on fb!

You are wrong.  While desperation due to a terrible season might cause some to have Jackson back at Ulster any attempt to bring him back would leave a majority of the middle class supporters, who make up the season ticket holders with their young and teenage children, very uncomfortable but more importantly the sponsors will have the last say.  There won't be many handing back season tickets.

Regardless of the verdict finding him not guilty, Jackson is now a toxic brand to be associated with and both Ulster and IRFU will be examining every option to escape from Jackson and Olding with their contracts until June 2019.

Watch as Ulster are compensated by a move to give Joey Carberry regular game time as Sexton's World Cup understudy without losing so much game time at Leinster and playing at full back.  Schmidt will see the opportunity and IRFU will fall in behind him.  Also Ulster are in hoc to IRFU in trying to find a new coach to be approved by Schmidt and paid for by IRFU, so not in much of a position to dictate to IRFU given the weakness of their situation.

I'm wrong because season ticket holders that I know (middle class ones with kids) want Paddy back? I can't talk for all of them, I mention that.. keep your pants Owen

Are you actually Paddy Jackson? Because it would explain a lot.

Aye,  I'm paddy Jackson ! Are you Sid?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 07, 2018, 02:08:14 PM
That group is being led by Allison Morris of the Irish News. The sad thing is that these people who promote liberalism and  freedom of speech and ecpression are, by virtue of their politician correctness, actually killing it. That's why there are no more good sit coms on TV any more

Allison Morris is a total dose, think she uses these crusades to get a few extra gigs on the "commentating" circuit, Talkbalk and the like. She seems to be everywhere but the crib lately. Anyone that disagrees with her on Twitter is some sort of mysognistic psycho in her view.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 03:46:38 PM
You didn't answer how one joins the internet police. Did you go through training or can you just assign yourself the role ;D

Playing for ulster again would cause a lot of problems for ulster rugby. I think they would lose a decent amount of their fanbase. He probably isn't quite good enough for ireland anyway.

No I'd say if you polled the Ulster rugby fans you'd find he'd be wanted by the majority but the treehugging vegans will picket outside the ground!

As for Sid/Syf he's been wrong on soooooo many threads that even he doesn't believe himself!

The only thing for sure is whatever decision they make they will be slated for it.

Know a lot of season ticket holders (not 20,000 of course) at Ravenhill and they'd be more than happy to have him back, considering how they have been playing (bar last nights great win) as for the mainly based women giving off, I'm not seeing it through my social media (though I'm not on twitter) it's generally been positive from rugby people..

though what I have noticed is plenty bandwagon jumpers who have separate agendas in my opinion and looking likes on fb!

You are wrong.  While desperation due to a terrible season might cause some to have Jackson back at Ulster any attempt to bring him back would leave a majority of the middle class supporters, who make up the season ticket holders with their young and teenage children, very uncomfortable but more importantly the sponsors will have the last say.  There won't be many handing back season tickets.

Regardless of the verdict finding him not guilty, Jackson is now a toxic brand to be associated with and both Ulster and IRFU will be examining every option to escape from Jackson and Olding with their contracts until June 2019.

Watch as Ulster are compensated by a move to give Joey Carberry regular game time as Sexton's World Cup understudy without losing so much game time at Leinster and playing at full back.  Schmidt will see the opportunity and IRFU will fall in behind him.  Also Ulster are in hoc to IRFU in trying to find a new coach to be approved by Schmidt and paid for by IRFU, so not in much of a position to dictate to IRFU given the weakness of their situation.

I'm wrong because season ticket holders that I know (middle class ones with kids) want Paddy back? I can't talk for all of them, I mention that.. keep your pants Owen

I must say, it's lovely and comfy living rent-free in your imagination.  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 07, 2018, 04:19:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2018, 03:46:38 PM

I must say, it's lovely and comfy living rent-free in your imagination.  ;D

No probs Syf
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

5 pages. 240 to go. We can do this

whitegoodman

There is an online petition signed by over 1500 to get them playing again. 99% of ulster supporters I've spoke to want them back again.

Am near sure I seen Syferus name on the petition  8)

Syferus

whitegoodman

Can you put a link up where it says this?  I see one where 67k want a review which is currently taking place but not one of what you are suggesting ie that they shouldn't play for ulster again

Lar Naparka

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 09, 2018, 12:44:16 AM
Can you put a link up where it says this?  I see one where 67k want a review which is currently taking place but not one of what you are suggesting ie that they shouldn't play for ulster again
From what I can gather from a number of newspaper articles, there is widespread concern that the PSNI decided to prosecute a case that they had little or no chance of winning.  That means that Syferus and 65,000 (alleged) other fascist, anti-democratic gobdaws should either accept the verdict of a lawfully constituted court that found Olding and Jackson innocent of all charges laid against them or they reject the concept of law and order. Not only that but the PSNI may have to answer questions about their reasons for allowing wasting over eight weeks of a lot of peoples' time as well as subjecting the complainant and the accused to an immense amount of unnecessary stress.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 09, 2018, 01:38:39 AM
From what I can gather from a number of newspaper articles, there is widespread concern that the PSNI decided to prosecute a case that they had little or no chance of winning.  That means that Syferus and 65,000 (alleged) other fascist, anti-democratic gobdaws should either accept the verdict of a lawfully constituted court that found Olding and Jackson innocent of all charges laid against them or they reject the concept of law and order. Not only that but the PSNI may have to answer questions about their reasons for allowing wasting over eight weeks of a lot of peoples' time as well as subjecting the complainant and the accused to an immense amount of unnecessary stress.

You're starting to show yourself up. Stick to the yerrah yerrah stuff and playing handball with Enda stories and leave societal issues to those that actually have to deal with them regularly. I would say you're divorced from reality given your position but you probably voted to keep it outlawed too..

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/apr/09/online-support-grows-for-women-after-rugby-stars-acquittal

Activists crowdfunded an advert in the Belfast Telegraph calling for both Jackson and Olding to be dropped by Ulster and Ireland. Another #IBelieveHer rally is planned for Friday 13 April, outside the Ulster Kingspan Stadium, at their first home game since the end of the trial. The players are suspended while a review is conducted.

Anger also propelled the establishment of AASVI, based in Dublin, which will now lobby for changes to the criminal justice system and for consent education. It favours Iceland's landmark law, passed last month, which put the onus on defendants to prove consent was given, rather than complainants having to prove it was not.

"Our arcane legal system is not fit for purpose. It is a system invented by privileged men to further privilege privileged men," said Larkin. "It lacks compassion and understanding and it is not victim-centric. It's not just women saying 'we have had enough', men are also saying it."

The trial had such impact, she believed, "because it was every woman's worst nightmare in one trial". She said it included multiple defendants at a party, bile from defence lawyers during the complainant's eight-day cross-examination, and "having your knickers passed around the court, as if a jury could tell anything by looking at them".

Then there was the hatred for women revealed in the WhatsApp messages. "There is an element of #MeToo about it, in terms of women just standing together, raising our voices and demanding to be heard," Larkin said. "I think it is just pretty dreadful that one woman had to go through what she did to amplify and exemplify what goes on, literally, behind closed doors. But, she is an inspiration and she has inspired many of us to speak our truth, and we will continue doing so."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

What a pile of shite!!!! How many times did she say privileged? I'd say Iceland would be a good place for her

AQMP

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 09, 2018, 01:38:39 AM

As far as I know, in the North, it is the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) that decides whether to take a case to trial, not the PSNI.