Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Clan na Gael in Lurgan are looking at Lennon for their U17 job that's coming up this year. Free food from Paul's chippy is in the deal as well.

tonto1888

Quote from: tintin25 on January 16, 2021, 10:31:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 16, 2021, 09:59:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 09:37:03 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 16, 2021, 09:22:26 PM
Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Shambles of a season i dont think Calum Mc Gregor is captain or leader material,the midfield today soro,turnbull,mc gregor,johnston,frimpong,should have had enough about them to trouble livingston they were dominated physically all day,rogic is  finished but isnt a striker,i think change is the only way forward.

Change is needed with Lennon for sure but goes deeper than that - a lot deeper.

Board needs cleaned out - not fit for purpose.

This years, or all years, has been a total disgrace.  The club has been run dow this past 4 or 5 years.

Now in a way, I understand why Brendan Rogers left.  He understood what was going on behind the seems with the board.

If Lennon had walked in October, Celtic fans would have held him high esteem.  Now they despise him.

Rodgers was absolutely justified to leave the job. I don't blame him one iota for it but the way he left, mid season with a treble treble to wrap up will always leave a sour taste in the mouth. He should have bit his tongue, finished out the season and walked with his head held high. Had that happened he would have had a large swell of goodwill in what he achieved and understanding that Lawwell was the barrier to Celtic looking to kick on another level. Instead he left with in a cloud, with fans upset and angry at the way he left and took the heat off Lawwell.

Lennon has dined out on the Celtic man thing for far too long. He was blessed to play for a Celtic, an ordinary enough player, we never had to fight off interest from bigger teams for him, he played well past his sell by date for him. I can remember the embarrassing images of him being destroyed by Kaka in the CL. He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job, he's a yes man, happy to do whatever the boss tells him to as he knows there's never going to be another job of this magnitude for him. Overall he's not a Celtic fan, he's a mercenary - if he was good enough he would have walked out on Celtic but he was blessed to play for and manage the club.

3 goals in 214 games for Celtic. A poor man's Peter Grant.

Anyway you are 100% on the situation not improving until Lawwell is rooted out of the job. Lennon didn't appoint himself afterall. It's an old boys club, when we need to go for a coach we get a guy in from f**king Peterborough because he's Gordon Strachan's son. John Kennedy is clearly a lifer there who is Lawwell's snitch. The whole management and coaching team have to go and then the board have to follow.

It's important all the fans follow in line with The Celtic Trust and do not renew their season ticket until Lawwell goes.

Agree with your first and last paragraph. I've recently signed up to the trust. Hopefully they can get stronger and stronger

In fairness, I would agree with this bit also...

He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job

He got a lucky break at the time when Mowbray was sacked.  His record as Celtic boss is fairly underwhelming - he couldn't not pick up a couple of league titles with them.  I'd be surprised if any future managerial position was beyond League two or the scottish championship

To be honest I don't read much of what Angelo says about Lennon. As an example look at the sentence above the one you pointed out.

uimhr ocht

Rumour Eddie howe is favourite for the job could happen this week Desmonds son been brought into boardroom,dont think hes the answer thoughts?

Angelo

Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2021, 10:57:53 PM
Rumour Eddie howe is favourite for the job could happen this week Desmonds son been brought into boardroom,dont think hes the answer thoughts?

Desmond is part of the problem too.

What has he ever invested in Celtic? Possibly contributed to the wages of Rodgers and O'Neill at the time but there has been no investment in Celtic from the shareholders in recent years. It's been money generated from the club, that the board then syphon into their own pockets - it should be the other way around.

The club is a shambles but Lawwell is the single biggest issue, he's from the same school of thought as the bankers that got very rich off the back of collapsing the economy. He is a heinous corporate pig.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2021, 10:57:53 PM

The same rumour has strachan taking over the U23 team. We don't have an U23 team. Can be filed under pish

uimhr ocht

Nothing about strachan but kennedy was mentioned for some role so just rearranging the deck chairs if kennedy still about the place.

GiveItToTheShooters

Shambles of a season i dont think Calum Mc Gregor is captain or leader material,the midfield today soro,turnbull,mc gregor,johnston,frimpong,should have had enough about them to trouble livingston they were dominated physically all day,rogic is  finished but isnt a striker,i think change is the only way forward.

This years, or all years, has been a total disgrace.  The club has been run dow this past 4 or 5 years.

Now in a way, I understand why Brendan Rogers left.  He understood what was going on behind the seems with the board.

If Lennon had walked in October, Celtic fans would have held him high esteem.  Now they despise him.

Rodgers was absolutely justified to leave the job. I don't blame him one iota for it but the way he left, mid season with a treble treble to wrap up will always leave a sour taste in the mouth. He should have bit his tongue, finished out the season and walked with his head held high. Had that happened he would have had a large swell of goodwill in what he achieved and understanding that Lawwell was the barrier to Celtic looking to kick on another level. Instead he left with in a cloud, with fans upset and angry at the way he left and took the heat off Lawwell.

Lennon has dined out on the Celtic man thing for far too long. He was blessed to play for a Celtic, an ordinary enough player, we never had to fight off interest from bigger teams for him, he played well past his sell by date for him. I can remember the embarrassing images of him being destroyed by Kaka in the CL. He'd never have done anything in management only for the Celtic job, he's a yes man, happy to do whatever the boss tells him to as he knows there's never going to be another job of this magnitude for him. Overall he's not a Celtic fan, he's a mercenary - if he was good enough he would have walked out on Celtic but he was blessed to play for and manage the club.

Anyway you are 100% on the situation not improving until Lawwell is rooted out of the job. Lennon didn't appoint himself afterall. It's an old boys club, when we need to go for a coach we get a guy in from f**king Peterborough because he's Gordon Strachan's son. John Kennedy is clearly a lifer there who is Lawwell's snitch. The whole management and coaching team have to go and then the board have to follow.

It's important all the fans follow in line with The Celtic Trust and do not renew their season ticket until Lawwell goes.
This is just wrong, and contradictory.
How can you be a mercenary if you gave most of your playing and managerial career to a club, the one he supports. Contradictory statement, and shows he is anything but a mercenary.
Saying he would have walked out if he was good enough (for what), as well is also nonsense. You don't know that. You're actually knocking him because he didn't go to a bigger club. Not sure what your point is there as you have been looking him out.

tonto1888

Quote from: uimhr ocht on January 16, 2021, 11:22:25 PM
Nothing about strachan but kennedy was mentioned for some role so just rearranging the deck chairs if kennedy still about the place.

The big one doing the rounds has strachan taking the U23 team to the end of the season. Kennedy in a football operations role. Ross Desmond being appointed to the board of directors immediately and Lawell stepping down at end of the season. Howe to be unveiled on Thursday morning. As I sad we don't have an U23 team so this is nonsense

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 04:07:31 AM

How can you be a mercenary if you gave most of your playing and managerial career to a club, the one he supports. Contradictory statement, and shows he is anything but a mercenary.
Saying he would have walked out if he was good enough (for what), as well is also nonsense. You don't know that. You're actually knocking him because he didn't go to a bigger club. Not sure what your point is there as you have been looking him out.

No contradictions there at all. Lennon didn't give his whole career to Celtic. Nobody ever came in for him when he was a Celtic player or manager, when he left Celtic his next port of call were Nottingham Forest and Wycombe and then Bolton/Hibs.

He is and was a mercenary, if he was any good he'd have been off at the first chance for more money but the bottom line was he was a very average player and an absolutely clueless manager.

What bigger clubs came in for him. I'm speaking about reality here. Celtic was the absolute peak of Lennon's career, for player of his ability he was absolutely blessed to play so many games for Celtic.

A poor man's Peter Grant.

JimStynes

Lennon is a Celtic man but he isn't going to give up his payout. He wants sacked and I don't blame him. It's probably going to be his last big money earner so he's just right. And I'm sure every one of us would be the same if we were in his position.  It's the board need to take the blame for keeping him.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 17, 2021, 09:55:56 AM
Lennon is a Celtic man but he isn't going to give up his payout. He wants sacked and I don't blame him. It's probably going to be his last big money earner so he's just right. And I'm sure every one of us would be the same if we were in his position.  It's the board need to take the blame for keeping him.

A Celtic man would have walked. Lennon is a mercenary who has always looked out after no 1.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 09:44:41 AM

No contradictions there at all. Lennon didn't give his whole career to Celtic. Nobody ever came in for him when he was a Celtic player or manager, when he left Celtic his next port of call were Nottingham Forest and Wycombe and then Bolton/Hibs.

He is and was a mercenary, if he was any good he'd have been off at the first chance for more money but the bottom line was he was a very average player and an absolutely clueless manager.

What bigger clubs came in for him. I'm speaking about reality here. Celtic was the absolute peak of Lennon's career, for player of his ability he was absolutely blessed to play so many games for Celtic.

I said most of his career.
You claimed he would be a mercenary if he left to go to a bigger club, he didn't leave to go to a bigger club. So calling him a mercenary is unsubstantiated and quite frankly wrong, and his Celtic career, has proven that he is anything but a mercenary. Your hypothetical and hypocritical claims don't hold water.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 10:07:39 AM

You claimed he would be a mercenary if he left to go to a bigger club, he didn't leave to go to a bigger club. So calling him a mercenary is unsubstantiated and quite frankly wrong, and his Celtic career, has proven that he is anything but a mercenary. Your hypothetical and hypocritical claims don't hold water.

So what bigger clubs came in for him? Come on then, spit it out.

No bigger clubs came in for him because he had maxed out at Celtic. For me he was blessed to play for Celtic as he was a fairly average and limited player. He had no pace, no flair, no engine, he played short backward passes to defenders who were not good on the ball. I'm trying to think of another midfielder who made over 200 appearance for Celtic and scored only 3 goals for Celtic. I'm struggling to think of anyone with as paltry a return as that

He's a mercenary as if he was a Celtic man he'd have walked away, instead he is digging in for a payout after destroying the club. Utterly, utterly shameless.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:15:16 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 10:07:39 AM

So what bigger clubs came in for him? Come on then, spit it out.

No bigger clubs came in for him because he had maxed out at Celtic. For me he was blessed to play for Celtic as he was a fairly average and limited player. He had no pace, no flair, no engine, he played short backward passes to defenders who were not good on the ball. I'm trying to think of another midfielder who made over 200 appearance for Celtic and scored only 3 goals for Celtic. I'm struggling to think of anyone with as paltry a return as that

He's a mercenary as if he was a Celtic man he'd have walked away, instead he is digging in for a payout after destroying the club. Utterly, utterly shameless.
I'll correct you again.
I didn't say a bigger club came in for him. I said he didn't leave to join a bigger club. Therefore calling him a mercenary is an unsubstantiated and hypothetical remark that is literally the opposite of being a mercenary. Saying he's a mercenary because he DIDNT leave doesn't make sense, and quite bizarre that you would be knocking a player for not actually leaving to go to a bigger club. Lennon can't win with boys like you. Damned if he stays, damned if he goes.

Angelo

I've already explained why I called him a mercenary.

Here it again for you.

If be was a Celtic man he would walked away from the job months ago, utterly ashamed of what he has done. Instead he has shamelessly held on for a payout. Neil Lennon looks after Neil Lennon, to hell with Celtic, he is shameless and has treated the fans with nothing but contempt this season.

Tommy Burns was a Celtic man.

Neil Lennon is a mercenary.