Aidan O'Shea

Started by Hardy, August 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Seamus was better than Aidan again today and for some reason he was taken off?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 22, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Aye found that strange to be taken off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2013, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 22, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Aye found that strange to be taken off

Thought that myself! I'm assuming he had a knock - I know there was talk early in the week that we was carrying an injury into the game
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Syferus

Aido was very poor today. You'd swear Bastick was an Olympic sprinter the distance he was in front of AOS for kick-outs. Sub should have been AOS for Moran, though it's not like Moran even looked like touching the ball. Cluxton destroyed Mayo's biggest strength.

ross4life

Throughout this years championship SOS has performed better than AOS but the one game against Donegal AOS has been hyped to the hills. Will be interesting next year when Barry Moran is fully fit as last year IMO he was Mayos best midfielder.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Wildweasel74

Aidan is not the footballer Anthony Tohill was at his age, and he does seem to lack abit of pace which the brother has, he be lucky to in a all star as i have MacCauley an his brother in front of him with Sean Cav in the half forward line

Whishtup

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2013, 11:03:04 PM
It's like trying to teach trigonometry to calves. They see but they don't understand. Some don't even see. A performance that included serial possession winning, vision, right place, right time, anticipation, 32 possessions (THIRTY TWO!) inspired defending, finding the right pass 98% of the time and just one (ONE!) error is dismissed as "a couple of bullock runs". All he didn't do was score a goal and save a penalty. But that's not good enough for those who think his brother was better. Even if that was in some other match. Sometimes I wonder. More times I don't bother.

(FOSB - don't you think the 1996 theme is a bit played out? We still enjoy the memories but it would be healthier for you lads to forget the trauma.)

Moo!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 22, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Where was he today?

Maybe he met a better unit?

Dublin's Midfield has been consistently underrated all year. Once the QFs came around, we were expected to lose every game in the middle.  Well, it might be time to admit that McAuley, O'sullivan, and Bastick in the second half is actually an excellent unit, capable of living with the best of them.

Syferus

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 23, 2013, 03:29:46 AM
Where was he today?

Dublin's Midfield has been consistently underrated all year. Once the QFs came around, we were expected to lose every game in the middle.  Well, it might be time to admit that McAuley, O'sullivan, and Bastick in the second half is actually an excellent unit, capable of living with the best of them.

1v1 contesting a high ball they would have stood little chance. It was more about Cluxton than the midfielders yesterday, and AOS being so loose in his marking. Dublin's midfield remains one of their two big weaknesses.

screenexile

Where was he today?

Dublin have changed the definition of a good midfielder! It used to be that you were a good midfielder if you could outcatch your opponents. MD McAuley and O'Sullivan can't do that. What they can do is work as part of a devised system which means they create space for Cluxton to hit the ball to and they can then run onto it.

Fair play they did it exceptionally yesterday and I personally thought that was the main reason for them winning the game!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on September 23, 2013, 11:18:07 AM
Where was he today?

Dublin have changed the definition of a good midfielder! It used to be that you were a good midfielder if you could outcatch your opponents. MD McAuley and O'Sullivan can't do that. What they can do is work as part of a devised system which means they create space for Cluxton to hit the ball to and they can then run onto it.

Fair play they did it exceptionally yesterday and I personally thought that was the main reason for them winning the game!

Sean Cavanagh changed the definition of a midfielder.  Amazes me how people suggest he is this, that and the other just because he doesn't win kick-out after kick-out in the air.  More to midfield than catching the ball.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 23, 2013, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 23, 2013, 11:18:07 AM
Where was he today?

Sean Cavanagh changed the definition of a midfielder.  Amazes me how people suggest he is this, that and the other just because he doesn't win kick-out after kick-out in the air.  More to midfield than catching the ball.

Micky Harte began the change I think with Tyrone not winning so much round midfield and winning more breaks.

Cluxton has made a massive difference to it though with how tactical his kickouts were. Shane Ryan, who wasn't really a midfielder, won some number of kickouts so the ball was rolling long before now.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Ye can add Vaughan to that list today too......................................Flynn absolutely bullied him all day yesterday

Jinxy

Vaughan did his usual cardboard tough guy routine by running in to throw shapes and ending up on his arse at one stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GJL

Take a reddner Aiden :o