Sinn Féin in Westminster

Started by Maguire01, November 02, 2010, 06:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Zap, need to go to bed here so I will make this very brief.  If I don't succeed in getting my point across, I will try again tomorrow.

Stormont is funded by the British state, as is Westminster.  Royal assent is needed for any legislation from either.  This is a genuine question by the way.  I think the whole issue of abstentionism is an absolute nonsense.  If they can sit in Stormont they could serve the people who elected them better by taking their seats, arguing for the needs of their constituents, arguing for funding for capital projects etc.  By choosing not to take their seats they are making a mockery of parliamentary democracy.  They say they believe in it, well it's time to practice what they supposedly believe in. 

Please.  Spare me the official line.  I know it all too well.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

Did Martin McGuinness not recently speak at the Tory party conference in England and that just as bad? Did I dream that?!!! yiks  :-\ im not sure.

Minder

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 03, 2010, 12:15:01 AM
Did Martin McGuinness not recently speak at the Tory party conference in England and that just as bad? Did I dream that?!!! yiks  :-\ im not sure.

He did speak at it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"