Margaret Thatcher....

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, October 21, 2010, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 31, 2010, 10:08:37 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 31, 2010, 09:57:16 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2010, 09:30:39 AM
P.
s. Point to ONE occasion where an IRA Volunteer walked into a primary school and committed mass murder of children

I remember one IRA 'volunteer' walking into a primary school classroom and murdering the teacher in front of his pupils.
Not much respect for the effect that would have on children. Will never forget that as long as I live.

Still does not answer my question though does it. If Tonto wants to liken the ENTIRE IRA campaign to Dunblane, then give even ONE single, solitary example of what I asked. Sensationalist, shameless nonsense.
[/quote]

Point well made Nally but there were many actions could be catagorised as war crimes. Forcing civilians to drive cars with bombs into army barracks, no warning bombs in pubs in England and here... both sides did very dastardly deeds.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. In war, both sides will always end up doing immoral acts. In my view however, one side's campaign in general was much more morally justifiable. It is up to both sides to accept responsibility for it's immoral actions. The IRA made an immediate acknowledgement of it's role and upon it's standing down, made a full apology to all it's civilian victims. The British government have yet to make such an apology and have yet to concede that they were even an active protagonist in the conflict, and not the "peacemaker" between troublesome Irish hooligan tribes which it claims.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 31, 2010, 10:15:13 AM
P.
s. Point to ONE occasion where an IRA Volunteer walked into a primary school and committed mass murder of children

I remember one IRA 'volunteer' walking into a primary school classroom and murdering the teacher in front of his pupils.
Not much respect for the effect that would have on children. Will never forget that as long as I live.

Still does not answer my question though does it. If Tonto wants to liken the ENTIRE IRA campaign to Dunblane, then give even ONE single, solitary example of what I asked. Sensationalist, shameless nonsense.
[/quote]

***Point well made Nally but there were many actions could be catagorised as war crimes. Forcing civilians to drive cars with bombs into army barracks, no warning bombs in pubs in England and here... both sides did very dastardly deeds including the killing of innocent children.  (Cue.... 'there will will civilian casualties in war' comment)
[/quote]

I think you jut covered that bit yourself in your own post!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

gallsman

Nally clearly on the run here and as always is unable to back up his own points. For anyone of Republican sentiment, Thatcher's merciless handling of the hungerstrikes is disgraceful and will leave a lasting stain of resentment for generations. I wasn't born until six years after the strikes but feel anger and hatred building up inside me every time I see my copy of David Beresford's "Ten Men Dead."

But murder?? You're a f**king delusional idiot.

Gaffer

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 31, 2010, 10:17:09 AM
P.

Point well made Nally but there were many actions could be catagorised as war crimes. Forcing civilians to drive cars with bombs into army barracks, no warning bombs in pubs in England and here... both sides did very dastardly deeds.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. In war, both sides will always end up doing immoral acts. In my view however, one side's campaign in general was much more morally justifiable. It is up to both sides to accept responsibility for it's immoral actions. The IRA made an immediate acknowledgement of it's role and upon it's standing down, made a full apology to all it's civilian victims. The British government have yet to make such an apology and have yet to concede that they were even an active protagonist in the conflict, and not the "peacemaker" between troublesome Irish hooligan tribes which it claims.
[/quote]

They weren t one bit sorry about the civilian victims.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2010, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 31, 2010, 10:17:09 AM
P.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an intelligent, detailed, structured, well evidenced response. Thank you.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2010, 10:36:10 AM
I agree, they didn't care what trauma they put families through, some even had to witness their loved ones being murdered
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Gaffer

No point in beating about the bush, is there?

longrunsthefox

FFS! they are still denying some of the disapeared killings! Some use an apology when you put a no warning bomb in a bar knowing what the outcome will be.. hardly a mistake.

Nally Stand

Typical of the sentiments of many of this board. The IRA apologised but they get roundly attacked by you, yet each of you have ignored my point that the british army have yet to even admit they were an active protagonist let alone apologised to it's victims.
As for the victims of the disappeared, haven't you noticed a steady increase in the numbers being found. They aren't being found by chance.

So easy to criticise the group which reacts to the aggressor isn't it?

Trout

In fairness to Nally at least he tries to debate unlike another Sinn Fein mouthpiece on this site who disappears if there are any uncomfortable threads. Yes Glens Abu I am talking about you.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Gaffer

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 31, 2010, 11:01:07 AM
Typical of the sentiments of many of this board. The IRA apologised but they get roundly attacked by you, yet each of you have ignored my point that the british army have yet to even admit they were an active protagonist let alone apologised to it's victims.
As for the victims of the disappeared, haven't you noticed a steady increase in the numbers being found. They aren't being found by chance.

Considering their actions it is very easy to critisise the Provos.  Always did and always will.

ardmhachaabu

It only took them 8 years to acknowledge that they owed an apology  ::) 

Loyalists included an apology in their ceasefire announcement!  That's what the provos should have done!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

wat about the Brits is not a reasoned arguement. We know what they are and wat to expect from them. So now those who do the same as the Provos are 'traitors' according to Sinn Fein... is hard to figure out the logic.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 31, 2010, 11:23:13 AM
It only took them 8 years to acknowledge that they owed an apology  ::) 

Loyalists included an apology in their ceasefire announcement!  That's what the provos should have done!

Oh am I not being ignored again?
I wasn't referring to loyalists, I was referring to the british government when I used the term "the british government". I think I would drop dead from shock if the British government even eight years from now, accepted that it was a protagonist and issued an apology to it's victims, like the IRA has already done.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Gaffer on October 31, 2010, 11:13:15 AM

Considering their actions it is very easy to critisise the Provos.  Always did and always will.

Gaffer, are you not capable of actual debate? Is it not very easy to criticise the british government for their actions? You just chose not to or what?