BT Broadband down in the Beal Feirste Area

Started by DirtyDozen12, July 02, 2010, 09:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caughtredhanded

Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2010, 03:32:35 PM
Thinking of moving over to Sky too. I already have the Satellite, so I may as well go for telephone and broadband too. I hear it's a much better service than BT.

I actually just joined BT from Sky a few months ago. I was only averaging 2.5 meg on Sky and am now averaging 7 meg with BT on the same line. The Sky equipment is a little old hat too (Netgear routers).

I live in rural North Antrim so I suppose that isnt a bad speed.

ziggysego

I'm with BT, on the 8 meg package. They tell me I can only get 5 meg from the line, but in reality only getting 1.5 meg on a good day.
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2010, 06:06:57 PM
I'm with BT, on the 8 meg package. They tell me I can only get 5 meg from the line, but in reality only getting 1.5 meg on a good day.

Ziggy this is what nags me about the whole broadband thing. I am paying the same money for 1.5MB as someone who can get 20MB, my neighbour who is only a mile closer to the exchange can get 5MB. It is ridiculous that they can get away with this

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Hereiam on November 03, 2010, 07:47:38 PM

Ziggy this is what nags me about the whole broadband thing. I am paying the same money for 1.5MB as someone who can get 20MB, my neighbour who is only a mile closer to the exchange can get 5MB. It is ridiculous that they can get away with this
You should have read the small print.  They can't guarantee speeds for people living further away from their exchanges.  I have a cable connection and would never dream of going to ADSL for that reason
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on November 03, 2010, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on November 03, 2010, 07:47:38 PM

You should have read the small print.  They can't guarantee speeds for people living further away from their exchanges.  I have a cable connection and would never dream of going to ADSL for that reason
Tis nice you have the choice.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something