FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Boycey on May 22, 2019, 10:12:06 PM
Cracking documentary on RTE at present about the split between the FAI and IFA in the 20s and efforts to make an all Ireland team since. A lot of stuff I wasn't aware of, be worth a look on RTE+1 at 10.30....

Yeah, was very good, well worth watching

Applesisapples

Tried to watch on player, not available in the North >:(

BennyCake

Alan McDonald entering the dressing room and wishing Ireland all the best in the World Cup.

Billy Bingham egging on the sectarian chanting in 1993.

Seeing the bigger picture was obviously beyond Bingham.

laoislad

Great result that. Some header from Duffy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Denmark, got caught thinking they were going to meet an O'Neill style Ireland tonight!

Great heart! Great Result!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 07, 2019, 09:40:57 PM
Denmark, got caught thinking they were going to meet an O'Neill style Ireland tonight!

Great heart! Great Result!

Big result, but Denmark should have stuffed Ireland, good position now for McCarthy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

The result is all that counts in a game like this. We need to beat them at home now to take advantage.

marty34

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 07, 2019, 09:56:36 PM
The result is all that counts in a game like this. We need to beat them at home now to take advantage.

Anybody think Liam Brady is a waffler, who's just there because he's always been there?

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on June 07, 2019, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 07, 2019, 09:56:36 PM

Anybody think Liam Brady is a waffler, who's just there because he's always been there?
Brady is anything but a waffler, he summed up the performance tonight succinctly as per his usual.
The result was earned.

mrdeeds

One thing I liked was when Ireland equalised they pushed for a winner.

An Watcher

I know we were a bit ropey defensively last night but it's still early days for Mccarthy.  I'm encouraged by the performances.  Very difficult to get any kind of result away from home in European football these days.
Hopefully we can unearth one or two more in the coming months

marty34

Quote from: An Watcher on June 08, 2019, 10:59:24 AM
I know we were a bit ropey defensively last night but it's still early days for Mccarthy.  I'm encouraged by the performances.  Very difficult to get any kind of result away from home in European football these days.
Hopefully we can unearth one or two more in the coming months

The thing is and I don't think the pundits understsnd it is that Ireland have average players and that this is their level. A draw was a great result last night but we're not going to beat teams like Denmark by 3-0, away from home.

JPGJOHNNYG

Captain Obvious

Leading tonight thanks to a OG and 2 shots on target in 60 minutes at home against the might of Gibraltar.

marty34

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 10, 2019, 09:06:56 PM
Leading tonight thanks to a OG and 2 shots on target in 60 minutes at home against the might of Gibraltar.

As I stated earlier, a very average side, whoever the manager is.

The players just arn't up to a quality standard.