Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 30, 2017, 11:25:28 AM
Jamie Clarke now on mouthing that Armagh have the best players in Ireland.
Aye right you play in Division 3 and we're beat by a woeful Down team!
Good one.

Catch yourself on, what else is he going to say?

We have the poorest team in the whole of Ireland

Orior

Did Kildare hit the upright 2 or 3 times in the second half. If the latter, then it could well have been a draw.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: LCohen on July 30, 2017, 07:43:56 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2017, 02:00:07 AM
Discussion of the black card that wasn't
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/kildare-goalkeepers-sneaky-indiscretion-another-farce-black-card-shambles-131975

TBH I'm not clear on this one. Does the fact that the ball was dead count?

I thought it should have been a black card as I think Murnin was making a run for the keepers kick out and was blocked off. Glad I'm not a ref tob e honest

bennydorano

Great to be there and witness a fantastic performance. The most striking thing for me was our composure in the last 10 minutes - especially after watching how some of our League games panned out with Laois,  Sligo & Tipp. That league campaign had to be seen to be believed.

Some great performances, Clarke given room to show what he can do, Donaghy was my MOTM, just fantastic, pity we couldn't take 10 years off him. James Morgan is one of the Top defenders in the country, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against. Great overall team performance and great tactical gameplan by the management.

We're in bonus territory now and hard to see a win whoever we get in the QF but you'd imagine we'd give Tyrone more of a game because of the rivalry.

Whatever happens next week it's a great platform to push on to another level. Pity we will be stuck in Division 3.

Main Street

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2017, 08:13:50 AM
incredible performance by Armagh, fifty minutes in I thought it was over, I knew the one things these lads are is that they are incredibly fit, that and the fact we were destroying them down the flanks gave me confidence, to be honest I thought we would be buried by halftime, I held Kildare in too high a regard.
I had thought Armagh were good enough to beat Kildare.
Kildare were hyped to the gills before the game, mainly on the basis of one profile game where at times they looked like the team of old.
Armagh learned much more as a team in Tipp where they experienced a real probing of their spirit and endurance.
And then add the sublimely talented Jamie Clarke on top of that.

omagh_gael

James Morgan is one of the Top defenders in the country, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

A less lenient ref would have sent him off for multiple fouling yesterday. Fair play to him though, he took full advantage of the ref letting things go.

Btw, your man Fergal Conway is a beast of a man. He fairly flattened Brendan Donaghy (i think) when he was pulled back for charging.

twohands!!!

Before last night's match Armagh were 80/1 to win the All-Ireland with Paddypower - this morning their odds to win it are out to 100/1

LCohen

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 30, 2017, 12:19:53 PM
Before last night's match Armagh were 80/1 to win the All-Ireland with Paddypower - this morning their odds to win it are out to 100/1

But from a bookie's perspective that makes sense

seafoid

Quote from: Aughafad on July 29, 2017, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2017, 08:37:57 PM
Well done Armagh. Jamie Clarke should be in contention for an all star. Kildare will be very disappointed with that performance.  The curse of the losing provincial finalist.
Have a word with yourself!
One game does not get you an allstar at this stage, especially against Kildare.
At least one forward allstar should be reserved for qualifier excellence

bennydorano

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2017, 12:14:06 PM
James Morgan is one of the Top defenders in the country, he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

A less lenient ref would have sent him off for multiple fouling yesterday. Fair play to him though, he took full advantage of the ref letting things go.

Btw, your man Fergal Conway is a beast of a man. He fairly flattened Brendan Donaghy (i think) when he was pulled back for charging.
Morgan is a knave of the highest order alrite, just glad he's an Armagh knave but not so happy he's a Crossmaglen knave.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
Well done Armagh. Jamie Clarke should be in contention for an all star. Kildare will be very disappointed with that performance.  The curse of the losing provincial finalist.

Agreed. You almost have to get to the semi final to be considered

shark

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 30, 2017, 01:02:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2017, 12:49:14 PM

Agreed. You almost have to get to the semi final to be considered

It used not to be the case. Westmeath got 2 in 2008. Lost in Leinster semi and didnt make All-Ireland 1/4.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bennydorano on July 30, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

Morgan is a knave of the highest order alrite, just glad he's an Armagh knave but not so happy he's a Crossmaglen knave.

Ah c'mon Benny....like the rest of us he's just misunderstood 😂.... he learned to play on the edge very early on...but he's a lovely guy off the field😂

Applesisapples

I have to admit I have been openly doubting Geezer for a while now, boy hasn't he shown me and all the other key board warriors. That was a match won playing a decent brand of football. Fair play to all. Talking of lenient refs, Maurice Deegan who had a good game in the down match let the Down number 3, McGovern I believe off with a couple of outright assaults. In fairness he probably didn't see the first, good job no video ref. I would actually say that both Deegan and the ref in Armagh vs Kildare had good games. In the Armagh game he applied the Black card rule as it should be though I'm not sure it was exactly as per the letter of the rule. The only cynical tackle which denied a scoring opportunity was by a Kildare player and was rightly black carded the two other incidents involving Rafferty (I think) and the Kildare goalie were in my view correctly yellow. Any way goonnnnn Armagh!

illdecide

Yeah good game yesterday, really enjoyed it but i tell u following Armagh should have a health warning espicially if you had a weak heart...lol. I didn't know TBH how yesterday's games was going to pan out but i did say it would give us a fair reflection of the standard we're operating at, but we are still improving.

TBH I wouldn't fear Tyrone too much (just heard the draw) they got a very easy Ulster this year and haven't got really tested yet, they will be hard to break down though but the pressure is on Tyrone and we're in bonus territory.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch