Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcklatchee

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 18, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: mcklatchee on July 18, 2017, 06:54:19 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2017, 01:55:08 PM
As I predicted it looks like Feely will have his ban overturned. He can appeal any of his three black cards this year and knowing the GAA appeals process, it's hard not to see him succeed.

Why is it likely that he will get the ban overturned?

He clearly stepped into the space of ongoing player. Classic black card. The degree of contact is relevant only to how good he is to taking out a runner. It's not relevant as to whether taking a player out is a black card

Seemingly the Cork one is the one they expect to be rescinded.

Fair enough. I don't recall that one. Is there no time limit on these appeals?
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

mcklatchee

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2017, 07:25:02 PM
As I predicted it looks like Feely will have his ban overturned. He can appeal any of his three black cards this year and knowing the GAA appeals process, it's hard not to see him succeed.

He clearly stepped into the space of ongoing player. Classic black card. The degree of contact is relevant only to how good he is to taking out a runner. It's not relevant as to whether taking a player out is a black card

It's the GAA, bans regularly stick no matter how appropriate they are. Throw in the fact there are 3 cards they can appeal, it will be overturned, deserved or not deserved.

On that basis all cards would be appealed and overturned
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on July 18, 2017, 07:21:03 PM
Does no one from Armagh consider that this Kildare team are being overpraised for their performance against the Dubs?
How about the Dubs are not that good yet? ;)
I mean they struggled badly against Carlow and only really began to get the upper hand when Carlow's best player got sent off early in the 2nd half.
Armagh went down to Tipp and showed real mettle, came from behind to beat a highly motivated organised team who had just easily beaten Cavan in Breffini the week before. This Kildare team are the new white hype after just one game.

I think they've been overpraised to be honest. They lost by 9 points afterall and I reckon Dublin were pulling up. That said they are a good team and will probably have too much for us

Jinxy

I believe Armagh are very rough this year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mcklatchee

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: mcklatchee on July 18, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 18, 2017, 08:20:12 PM
I believe Armagh are very rough this year.

Define rough?

I believe it would be the opposite to post Celtic Tiger era Meath.

Jinxy

A lot you'd know about the Celtic Tiger.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Rough in apple county terms is a strong cider, strong but dry. lacking that apple juice flavour but effective where it matters.

Captain Scarlet

The Cirk one happened in 72nd minute accirding to reports and is the source of appeal. If they get Feely back it would be a massive boost and there could be a great battle with Grimley.
Also it would mean Feely can be left on frees as that is an issue if ge is missing along with Neil Flynn.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tonto1888

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 18, 2017, 10:17:58 PM
The Cirk one happened in 72nd minute accirding to reports and is the source of appeal. If they get Feely back it would be a massive boost and there could be a great battle with Grimley.
Also it would mean Feely can be left on frees as that is an issue if ge is missing along with Neil Flynn.

Surely they can't appeal based on it being on the 72nd minute

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 18, 2017, 11:02:37 PM

Cormac Reilly was referee. That's surely evidence enough for it to be overturned.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 18, 2017, 08:32:43 PM
A lot you'd know about the Celtic Tiger.

Colm O'Rourke defaulted the state for millions?

Captain Scarlet

No that's not a reason to appeal but it seems to be very hazy so I thonk even lads I know at the game can't remember it.
Were cameras at it? Or will GAA accept in house footage?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

macdanger2

Quote from: mcklatchee on July 18, 2017, 07:46:57 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 18, 2017, 07:00:19 PM

Seemingly the Cork one is the one they expect to be rescinded.

Fair enough. I don't recall that one. Is there no time limit on these appeals?

There definitely should be a statute of limitations on these things

Rossfan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 18, 2017, 11:38:46 PM

Cormac Reilly was referee. That's surely evidence enough for it to be overturned.

:D ;D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM