Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: didlyi on August 13, 2017, 06:14:13 PM
Cork went through Munster without being tested by any team operating at their potential. Tipp Clare and Waterford all under performed on the day.

Just read that back, Tipp (All Ireland champions) Clare (recent All Ireland champions) and Waterford who have great recent track record of reaching semi finals and finals all had off days??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Cork went through Munster without being tested by any team operating at their potential. Tipp Clare and Waterford all under performed on the day.
Cork simply peaked before todays game.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2017, 06:17:27 PM

Just read that back, Tipp (All Ireland champions) Clare (recent All Ireland champions) and Waterford who have great recent track record of reaching semi finals and finals all had off days??
Clare had a poor enough year. Tipp could have beaten Cork. I think there was a last minute goal. Waterford weren't at August speed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

Clare had a poor enough year. Tipp could have beaten Cork. I think there was a last minute goal. Waterford weren't at August speed.

Tip could have beaten Galway!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 06:11:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 13, 2017, 05:52:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 05:41:24 PM
Cork were very disappointing Munster champions. Other than Horgan the forwards were MIA. The strike and KK did a lot of long term damage. It will take a while for them to get back to the top.

Ah here.Cork were looking likely winners until the first sending off. Against a sweeper system that's a very difficult gap to bridge.
I'd say they will be very disappointed.
5th year out of 6 that the Munster champions lose the semi

I'd say they're disappointed to lose an All Ireland semi final alright. I'd be worried if they weren't.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

Tip could have beaten Galway!
there is nothing between them

Tony Baloney

Should be a good final and for the neutral supporter two very popular teams are going to battle it out for their first win in years. Now to get a ticket.

theskull1

Waterford will be down 2 Gleesons for the final
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Cork were still very good for a lot of today. The man down massively changed the game. Their pace and movement was impressive though they maybe need a plan b for puckouts as a good few went out of play when waterford tightened up a bit.

Waterford were very good in parts and in parts i wasn't too sure with their sweeper system. 15 on 14 freed up the forwards to go one on one and it was game over. That and gleeson finally started to play. Also maurice shanahan gives them a good scoring outlet which they don't have so much of without him.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 13, 2017, 08:13:36 PM
Cork were still very good for a lot of today. The man down massively changed the game. Their pace and movement was impressive though they maybe need a plan b for puckouts as a good few went out of play when waterford tightened up a bit.

Waterford were very good in parts and in parts i wasn't too sure with their sweeper system. 15 on 14 freed up the forwards to go one on one and it was game over. That and gleeson finally started to play. Also maurice shanahan gives them a good scoring outlet which they don't have so much of without him.
They weren't fully up to speed- Waterford had more experience. And you have to be accurate in August.
I think they will be good in 2 years if they stick at it
Waterford have a deeper bench as well.

imtommygunn

The sending off was massive in that game. I wouldn't be 100% that 15 on 15 the outcome would have been the same - it would definitely have been much closer and the defense wouldn't have had those gaps. They were up to speed rightly.

maigheo

On a different note really enjoy Brendan Cummins on co commentary.Does not speak for the sake of it and has a very relaxed demeanor

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 13, 2017, 09:33:51 PM
The sending off was massive in that game. I wouldn't be 100% that 15 on 15 the outcome would have been the same - it would definitely have been much closer and the defense wouldn't have had those gaps. They were up to speed rightly.
Experienced teams are less likely to get someone sent off I think.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 13, 2017, 09:33:51 PM
Experienced teams are less likely to get someone sent off I think.

They had a man sent off :o

I would agree hs. I wanted waterford to win but was very impressed by cork's movement and ability to find men in space.