Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Jesus Elon Musk's gone through Twitter like a dose of salts.
Careful now

Captain Scarlet

I love how the lefties (and I am a bit of one) are losing their shit. Musk was not the boss when Trump rose and they were the ones quoting him there and amplifying.

It's like the idiots who give out about an offensive topic trending but when you hit the # it's fuckin their tweets crying about X ir Y making it trend.

Also people using examples of it being horrible by screen shots of accounts that are clearly bots...

It's great for sport, funny videos and the likes. Lookit Insta has lots of direct racial abuse and TikTok is ropey too.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on November 05, 2022, 08:13:52 AM
I love how the lefties (and I am a bit of one) are losing their shit. Musk was not the boss when Trump rose and they were the ones quoting him there and amplifying.

It's like the idiots who give out about an offensive topic trending but when you hit the # it's fuckin their tweets crying about X ir Y making it trend.

Also people using examples of it being horrible by screen shots of accounts that are clearly bots...

It's great for sport, funny videos and the likes. Lookit Insta has lots of direct racial abuse and TikTok is ropey too.
It's brilliant. Trump, Andrew Tate and whoever else was banned for not following the script of the MSM should never have been banned. Disagree and challenge their views absolutely but they're perfectly entitled  to them, as are all of us.

Orior

I hope Musk makes everyone pay for Twitter, because I need an excuse to leave that cesspit.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on November 05, 2022, 08:38:43 AM
I hope Musk makes everyone pay for Twitter, because I need an excuse to leave that cesspit.
Same thoughts going through my head. The doom scrolling isn't healthy

Captain Scarlet

But lads you don't have to doom scroll! I muted the word Trump and it was great when he was on it.
Also, all these holier than thou ex-employees spouting on their concerns for the platform helped to create a platform where bots were rampant, outrage and anger was exploited. So, they can shut their beaks over Musk.

Musk will get bored of it in a month. Also, all the concern over the Saudi shares...sure they are great friends of the UK and USA when they are selling them weapons and buying their oil, but all of a sudden when they are involved in social media it's a big worry...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dougal Maguire

In fairness he's not the first guy to come up with a suggestion like that. Didn't Kevin Bridges come across guy on a bus who was 15p short on his bus fare but had enough financial acumen to suggest that if he was in charge of Facebook he'd charge a quid a go. It's refreshing to see that Elon's actions are in line with that guy. He understands the masses and has that common touch
Careful now

seafoid

Advertisers are leaving too. Musk is playing senior hurling. He might get hooked.

RedHand88

You've said it yourself, that's your reason. I made the jump about a year ago and dont miss it.

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on November 05, 2022, 10:27:43 AM
Advertisers are leaving too. Musk is playing senior hurling. He might get hooked.

Launching a car into deep space and mass producing a revolutionary electric car was senior hurling.

Twitter and managing depressed Milennials and Gen Z is more like Junior B hurling.

Smokin Joe

Musk seems to be right wing in terms of his belief in free speech, certainly it's the right wing that is applauding his taking over of Twitter.
But he has made his fortune from selling EVs, his customers won't be the same right wing people on Twitter who are welcoming how he seems to be running the Big Bird.  I find this juxtaposition interesting.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 05, 2022, 12:28:49 PM
Musk seems to be right wing in terms of his belief in free speech, certainly it's the right wing that is applauding his taking over of Twitter.
But he has made his fortune from selling EVs, his customers won't be the same right wing people on Twitter who are welcoming how he seems to be running the Big Bird.  I find this juxtaposition interesting.

Did he not make his fortune on the potential of future sales of electric cars and share price. Tesla would be nowhere near the top in terms of car sales.

Armagh18

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 05, 2022, 12:31:31 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 05, 2022, 12:28:49 PM

Did he not make his fortune on the potential of future sales of electric cars and share price. Tesla would be nowhere near the top in terms of car sales.
it's massive in California and there are definitely more and more appearing here, still nowhere near the likes of toyota or the big german brands

imtommygunn

He's an absolute gobshite. Inventor my arse. Nothing more than a man child.

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 02:34:27 PM
He's an absolute gobshite. Inventor my arse. Nothing more than a man child.

Classic Irish begrudgery!