Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 06, 2018, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Hmmm I dunno - Farragher played several games in 2013 and was poor enough in them.
Also in the league final last year (albeit at centre back) he wasn't good nor when he came on against Kerry.
A full league campaign would tell the tale with him I guess.
If Corofin win Connacht again that won't happen next year tho

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on August 10, 2018, 12:30:16 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 10, 2018, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: spuds on August 10, 2018, 09:27:34 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 10, 2018, 09:14:10 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2018, 09:00:51 AM
Pundits such as Colm O'Rourke,Joe Brolly, Tomás Ó Sé and Dara Ó Sé have all written articles over the course of the season about how good Shay Walsh is, how restrictive the defensive system is and how the forwards should be let loose. Maybe this weekend may be the time to scaoil amach an bobailín

Shay Walsh is from the next village over, and played 20 years ago.
;D

Best of luck to Galway tomorrow. Bookies (PP) have Dublin 1/7, 14/1 draw and Galway 11/2.

31 V 1.

A mayo man, suffered more defeats to Galway than Dublin through history.

They've had their equal (almost absolutely) share of victories over Galway also, and none of the defeats have hardly been as heartbreaking as this decade's at the hands of the Dubs.

I really think Galway were being held back last Saturday, and will go at it all guns blazing tomorrow. Whether twill be enough, I don't expect so, but they have a punchers chance perhaps. Really need Michael Daly, for his scoring ability, to play well but I'm unsure how fit he will be. Brannigan's form has been regressing during the championship - oh to have a player of superior ability like Ml. Farragher to call on. I've consistently held the view also that we need one more managerial iteration to finally get the best of this team, but hopefully KW will have disproven that theory by 6.30ish pm amarach.
I also think they were held back and will be different. Plus Galway football as a franchise doesn't get much recognition at 7/1. The last day does not matter.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Duine Eile

Quote from: mouview on August 10, 2018, 12:30:16 PM

I really think Galway were being held back last Saturday, and will go at it all guns blazing tomorrow. Whether twill be enough, I don't expect so, but they have a punchers chance perhaps. Really need Michael Daly, for his scoring ability, to play well but I'm unsure how fit he will be. Brannigan's form has been regressing during the championship - oh to have a player of superior ability like Ml. Farragher to call on. I've consistently held the view also that we need one more managerial iteration to finally get the best of this team, but hopefully KW will have disproven that theory by 6.30ish pm amarach.

Agree completely but that's an argument for another day. This team have given us a great year so far, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

cornetto

Was looking back at last year's final Jesus after such a bad start,mayo fairly came back at them I know mayo came up short but really showed when the press is on they are prone to mistakes like any other.Galway half back line nowhere as good as mayo so whether they can create the chances like mayo did remains to be seen.Galway have Been using the high press second half v ross and second half v kerry and "depress" v monaghan.im hoping it will be as tight as league final but would still have the dubs ahead by 5pts at the finish.

GalwayBayBoy

Paddy Tally's stay in Galway to be a brief one? I see he's favourite for the Down job.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 10, 2018, 01:57:03 PM
Paddy Tally's stay in Galway to be a brief one? I see he's favourite for the Down job.

Not great for Galway for a coach to be linked to a job mid-season..

omagh_gael

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 10, 2018, 01:57:03 PM

Bound to be tempting considering the travel involved with the Galway gig

seafoid

Indo

« It's the tallest of orders for Galway, who haven't beaten Dublin in the championship for 84 years « 

That was the 1934 final. Tull Dunne was on the team. He later managed the 3 in a row. He knew all the codes. A real gentleman as well. I used to go to matches with him
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

urbangael

Predicted attendance for today's game? Will Galway travel or save themselves for the hurling. Can't see any more than 60k

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on August 11, 2018, 07:40:05 AM
Indo

« It's the tallest of orders for Galway, who haven't beaten Dublin in the championship for 84 years «

That was the 1934 final. Tull Dunne was on the team. He later managed the 3 in a row. He knew all the codes. A real gentleman as well. I used to go to matches with him

So the big day has arrived and I haven't a clue who will win. Looking at the weather forecast I expect to get soaked on the Hill, but once the game starts you don't notice the rain. Good luck to all Galway's travelling fans - enjoy the day. Nothing has yet been won or lost - the slate is still clean.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

GaillimhIarthair

Looking forward to a fully committed performance out of our lads today.  Will our best be good enough?  Probably not, but would like to see us in with a shout around the 60 min mark and see where it takes us.  Best of luck to both Galway teams in action later. 

tippabu

Expecting a comfortable dublin win today (surprise surprise), Conroy a big loss for galway and dublin should dominate at midfield. would be great to be wrong. Very strange build up to this weekend, there seems to be no hype or build up at all

Rossfan

I suppose with no break between the last round of Quarter Finals  and both Semis same weekend the sense of occasion is well diluted.
Hope Galway make a game if it anyway but remember they scored 0-16 against us while Dublin and Tyrone hit 4-24 each.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

The Galway team to play Dublin in Croke Park on Saturday August 11th has been announced

1-Ruairí Lavelle

2-Declan Kyne

3-Seán Andy Ó Ceallaigh

4-Eoghan Kerin

5-Cathal Sweeney

6-Gareth Bradshaw

7-Gary O'Donnell

8-Peter Cooke

9-Thomas Flynn

10-Shane Walsh

11-Patrick Sweeney

12-Seán Kelly

13-Ian Burke

14-Damien Comer

15-Eamonn Brannigan
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!