Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 22, 2018, 04:46:56 PM
Tyrone had the majority support. Other than behind one goal there wasn't many dubs elsewhere on the terrace. I'd say it was 10k Tyrone, 6k dubs. Still a great travelling support. It was sold out so I'm guessing capacity was 16.5k, though there seemed to be more there than that.

Well done to the 6k Dubs who gave up their Saturday to go to the match. They deserve great credit and proves once again they have the most loyal followers in the country who are not afraid to give up their free time en masse.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 05:22:25 PM
Tyrone had the majority support. Other than behind one goal there wasn't many dubs elsewhere on the terrace. I'd say it was 10k Tyrone, 6k dubs. Still a great travelling support. It was sold out so I'm guessing capacity was 16.5k, though there seemed to be more there than that.

Well done to the 6k Dubs who gave up their Saturday to go to the match. They deserve great credit and proves once again they have the most loyal followers in the country who are not afraid to give up their free time en masse.

6k? 30k in CP last Sunday avg of 7.5k per county. Can we put to death now the myth Dublin supporters travel, I can honestly never remember being outnumbered by Dublin fans at underage games either. The bean counters have many reasons to keep Dublin at home.

2k at the Leinster Minor final Sat.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2018, 06:39:32 PM

6k? 30k in CP last Sunday avg of 7.5k per county. Can we put to death now the myth Dublin supporters travel, I can honestly never remember being outnumbered by Dublin fans at underage games either. The bean counters have many reasons to keep Dublin at home.

In fairness many Dubs would have been working on Saturday and Summertime is busy with family commitments! Dublin to Clones is a journey of about 1 hour 40 minutes. It is hard to expect a county to travel a round trip of 3 hours in large numbers on a Saturday evening.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

In fairness many Dubs would have been working on Saturday and Summertime is busy with family commitments! Dublin to Clones is a journey of about 1 hour 40 minutes. It is hard to expect a county to travel a round trip of 3 hours in large numbers on a Saturday evening.

Omagh but you think their 1st championship game away in 12 years would have meant something. 3 home games left for the bean counters.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2018, 07:12:56 PM

Omagh but you think their 1st championship game away in 12 years would have meant something. 3 home games left for the bean counters.

The Habit is home games and that habit is hard to break. Many have never seen a Gaelic match outside Croke Park, never! Feck many think of Croker like going to see the international matches in the Aviva! Blue/Green man comes to mind! Sure many of the Hill wave Tri-colours. As if they are playing a team from a foreign country (and before you say it I'm not talking about the 6). How many supporters does a half Hill hold? 6K?

Rossfan

9,582 as far as I could make out from the donly PA in the Hyde yesterday.
60%+ from Donegal :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2018, 07:53:38 PM
9,582 as far as I could make out from the donly PA in the Hyde yesterday.
60%+ from Donegal :-\
There will be a sell out crowd in Croke Park next week for the Dubs second home game! I expect the Rossies to have a big contingent as we all know counties love to see their team playing in Croke Park against the Dubs! It will be such a special occasion.

inthrough

They had no problem expecting Donegal fans to do twice the distance last weekend.

From the Bunker

Quote from: inthrough on July 22, 2018, 09:05:44 PM

They had no problem expecting Donegal fans to do twice the distance last weekend.

In fairness, Donegal fans are used to travelling long distances and we all know that playing Dublin in Croke Park is one of the ambitions of any county player.

Rossfan

Anyone hear the official figures for Clones?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

spuds

A nothing sort of question, if Galway Monaghan game was fixed for Tuam instead of Salthill Sunday week how much of a difference in attendance?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Duine Eile

Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 02:48:03 PM
A nothing sort of question, if Galway Monaghan game was fixed for Tuam instead of Salthill Sunday week how much of a difference in attendance?

Tuam is less than ten thousand now, Salthill holds about 25,000 I think

dublin7

Why go to Clones from Dublin when the game was in Omagh??. Also the ground was sold out so how exactly did you expect more Dublin supporters to get in???

You don't seem to realise how hard it is following Dublin all around the country. Not only do you have all the costs with travelling, but then you have the additional expenses for celebrating the all Ireland & league victories as well!!! That doesn't even include the opportunity cost for taking a days holiday for the now traditional all ireland celebrations after b̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶o winning (obviously dubs can't beat mayo this year :o)

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

Why go to Clones from Dublin when the game was in Omagh??. Also the ground was sold out so how exactly did you expect more Dublin supporters to get in???

You don't seem to realise how hard it is following Dublin all around the country. Not only do you have all the costs with travelling, but then you have the additional expenses for celebrating the all Ireland & league victories as well!!! That doesn't even include the opportunity cost for taking a days holiday for the now traditional all ireland celebrations after b̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶o winning (obviously dubs can't beat mayo this year :o)

You have big cost on you with three home games coming up! How much is a return trip on the LUAS to those games? Home game after home game! 12 years since ye played a game away from home. 12 years! Imagine 12 years since ye played a game away from home. Has it ever happened in any other team sport? Ye are just the financially doped, funded and babyset county of the GAA!

One blessing this year is that the dirty C***s in HQ got no Mayo super 8 money!