Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lurganblue on December 05, 2018, 01:08:48 PM
FFS have i missed the real video!? Joe will get a bit of "banter" over it and it'll be a bit of a laugh. That's about it.

On a side note, there are absolute ballbags everywhere, videoing sh*te like that.

Have to agree - not too keen on the rise of these clips/opportunities to discredit and disgrace people. Some people are obviously deserving of things like that for much more serious offences - not this though, nothing to it.

Aristo 60

Brolly for president may have taken a wee bit of a turn here one way or the other.

haranguerer

Quote from: trailer on December 05, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
Highly paid TV personality pawing all over a young lady? It's absolutely awful looking. He's toast.

Well now we know hes grand, I don't think a single post you've made has been accurate

RedHand88

What is in the actual video?

trailer

Is the lady of an Asian ethnicity?

Milltown Row2

Lets hope it was a lady!!

Stroking an arm and a hip! Hopefully she/he was over 18
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 05, 2018, 01:29:03 PM
FFS have i missed the real video!? Joe will get a bit of "banter" over it and it'll be a bit of a laugh. That's about it.

On a side note, there are absolute ballbags everywhere, videoing sh*te like that.

Have to agree - not too keen on the rise of these clips/opportunities to discredit and disgrace people. Some people are obviously deserving of things like that for much more serious offences - not this though, nothing to it.
Totally agree. Arseholes videoing someone who prob had a few too many and trying to ruin him. Did he do anything that 1000's of men havent done numerous times before with a few too many. Note i havent seen the video. The smart phone is a terrible invention. Gone are the days you could curl up into a ball for a day or 2 till the FEAR had passed from doing something silly on a night out. Everyone is offended these days.

trailer

Quote from: snoopdog on December 05, 2018, 02:00:45 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 05, 2018, 01:29:03 PM

Totally agree. Arseholes videoing someone who prob had a few too many and trying to ruin him. Did he do anything that 1000's of men havent done numerous times before with a few too many. Note i havent seen the video. The smart phone is a terrible invention. Gone are the days you could curl up into a ball for a day or 2 till the FEAR had passed from doing something silly on a night out. Everyone is offended these days.

It is a pain yeah, but it's the world we live in unfortunately.

markl121

Jaysus it's innocuous enough. I thought it would be far worse

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 05, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

Any links lads?

I like to form an opinion based on primary evidence before I gather up a lynch mop and head up the Ravenhill Road.

JoG2

Quote from: trailer on December 05, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
Highly paid TV personality pawing all over a young lady? It's absolutely awful looking. He's toast.

More tea vicar ?!  ;D ;D ;D

RedHand88

Just saw the video, Jesus would yous catch a grip. Nothing in it. Can't believe anyone would think his media career is finished.

markl121

Quote from: johnnycool on December 05, 2018, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 05, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

Any links lads?

I like to form an opinion based on primary evidence before I gather up a lynch mop and head up the Ravenhill Road.
Go on his Twitter and read the comments to his "any wonder jimmy mcguinness banned phones" tweet

easytiger95

Perception is everything in the media business, so I wouldn't say he is out of the woods on this. #MeToo means you can paw at a girl in a club or you can have a highly visible and lucrative media career - but usually, you can't do both.

Crux of this might be the context. If he's locked and sitting there and girl dances over in a club, then he is just a bit of a lecherous auld fool - he could get away with it.

If he is in a strip club though, and he is paying said young woman to come over and dance for him...well, that is a far different power dynamic going on, and it might be too much trouble to defend him.

Be very interesting to see how it plays.

By the way, it is possible to think that people deserve their privacy from geeks with camera phones AND to think that Brolly is actually acting the absolute sleaze here. Cognitive dissonance I think they call it  ;)

haranguerer

#metoo doesn't have any impact or relevance on pawing or doing whatever you want with a girl in a club, as long as she wants it too. Its about sexual assault ffs.

And re your last point, that isn't cognitive dissonance or anything close to it.