The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 07, 2017, 03:03:45 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 07, 2017, 02:21:50 PMI never want to see them fight each other again. Bad matchup - Gabe loves it though!

Sorry I had a different opinion to "Mr. UFC expert"  ::) ::) ::)
you can have an opinion and I'm not the resident expert - I'd say Gallsman follows the sport more closely now than I would
glad you got 25 mins of that shite and didn't have to pay for it -I'm sure you're watching it over and over again at night time..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
come on Gabe a bit of craic - you'd get worse round the 'Bo
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Darren Elkins win in the prelims against Bektic was the highlight of 209 for me.

A bloody mess!  Some comeback
Keep 'er lit

gallsman

Bellator rather than UFC but James "The Strabanimal" Gallagher put up an post on various social media sites today saying "don't judge my skills when i pay your social welfare" or something similar. This lad has been given a huge push, largely because he has modelled himself and his gimmick in McGregor and has looked distinctly average beating cans. He'd be making more than most lads his age but he's hardly popping bottles of Cristal every night. Makes it very hard to like him or want to support him.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2017, 07:24:53 PM
Bellator rather than UFC but James "The Strabanimal" Gallagher put up an post on various social media sites today saying "don't judge my skills when i pay your social welfare" or something similar. This lad has been given a huge push, largely because he has modelled himself and his gimmick in McGregor and has looked distinctly average beating cans. He'd be making more than most lads his age but he's hardly popping bottles of Cristal every night. Makes it very hard to like him or want to support him.
I thought this boy was destined for big things many years ago  - there was a lot of local hype about him amoung the clubs but agree gallsman he has looked distinctly average against lesser opponents and is being milked by the promotion for his  "irishness". Agree to he's hard to like - he is trying hard to be a McGregor type persona but he comes across as hateful  -very few people around the local scene have much time for him as a result.
He could be great if he changed his attitude and trained harder - he's known for slacking off I've heard

Few watery UFC cards coming up but a couple of stacked cards ahead too  - hard to watch them all these days - I tend to me more selective now
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Last weekend's was decent and a few of the upcoming PPVs look good on paper.

Vitor has finally realised it's time to call it quits.

The Gs Man

How can one watch Bellator?

Keep 'er lit

gawa316

Mayweather has booked MGM for Aug 26!!

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on June 12, 2017, 07:33:21 PM
Mayweather has booked MGM for Aug 26!!

Wolf tickets. Nothing but wolf tickets.

Syferus

Jones might be the most talented idiot sport has ever seen.

gallsman

In one way, nobody will be surprised. But really, for f**k's sake.

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2017, 02:51:00 AM
Jones might be the most talented idiot sport has ever seen.

Definitely. Complete moron.

MoChara

Least it'd be an even playing field between him and Lesnar  ;D ;D

The Gs Man

Hopefully all a big mistake?

He sat at the post-fight press conference talking about how clean he was etc.

No way could he be that stupid?
Keep 'er lit

gallsman

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 23, 2017, 09:30:08 AM
Hopefully all a big mistake?

He sat at the post-fight press conference talking about how clean he was etc.

No way could he be that stupid?

They're saying he popped from a test after the weigh-in. Surely he couldn't go through a whole camp and test clean and then decide to take something after the weigh-in?! I know nothing about steroids, but is it possible to get an immediate boost like that?