The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

UFC Denver tonight.  Looking forward to seeing Francis N'Gannou make short work of Arlovski in the heavyweight bout.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 28, 2017, 05:10:31 PM
UFC Denver tonight.  Looking forward to seeing Francis N'Gannou make short work of Arlovski in the heavyweight bout.

Yep

Gabriel_Hurl

Khabib vs Ferguson off this weekend. Khabib was hospitalized overnight

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 03, 2017, 07:31:19 PM
Khabib vs Ferguson off this weekend. Khabib was hospitalized overnight
disaster for the card - I wonder will they downgrade to a fox event?
theres not enough to keep it a PPV in my opinion
khabib is a big LW - that picture of him wiht Tyson - he looked near as big and mike is about 215...not saying Khabib is that heavy but I would speculate he cuts 25-30 for the limit...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on March 03, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
khabib is a big LW - that picture of him wiht Tyson - he looked near as big and mike is about 215...not saying Khabib is that heavy but I would speculate he cuts 25-30 for the limit...

Wonderboy/Woodley 2 is enough for a PPV by itself

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 03, 2017, 08:29:39 PM

they fought to a draw - if it was just them by themselves you'd honestly pay for it?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't pay for any of them.  :)

But to suggest a rematch for the title after a controversial draw isn't good enough for a PPV main event is a bit of a stretch for me. 

lurganblue

Is there pre-weigh in weight measurements taken by the UFC in the weeks beforehand?  Surely it was known that Khabib was nowhere near making weight and would have to go through a dangerous cut?

on the sideline

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 03, 2017, 08:29:39 PM

Turned out to be a snooze fest. Suppose they both kept it very tactical as they didn't want to get caught by the other, but was disappointed by it. Thought Wonderboy had it tbh. Without that last 30 seconds think he would have got the decision. Even then I don't think Woodley won 3 rounds and don't think the last was scored 10-8 was it?

gallsman

I had it for Wonderboy too. Their styles just don't match up well. One judge gave the final round as 10-8.

I doubt we'll see Mark Hunt again.

nrico2006

I was shocked that Thompson didn't get that decision either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2017, 08:55:58 AM
I had it 3-2 to Thompson also. Two of the judges gave the 2nd round to Woodley and that was the clincher. Reasonably clear that 1 and 4 were Wonderboys and 3 and 5 were Woodleys.

The third judge gave the 2nd to Wonderboy, but gave the 5th as 10-8 to score it a draw overall.

Disappointing fight overall. Awful pity Khabib Ferguson didnt happen

nrico2006

Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2017, 08:55:58 AM
I had it 3-2 to Thompson also. Two of the judges gave the 2nd round to Woodley and that was the clincher. Reasonably clear that 1 and 4 were Wonderboys and 3 and 5 were Woodleys.

The third judge gave the 2nd to Wonderboy, but gave the 5th as 10-8 to score it a draw overall.

Disappointing fight overall. Awful pity Khabib Ferguson didnt happen

Aye, I saw the scorecards on the post fight show too, can't believe they didn't give Thompson 1, 2 and 4. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

I never want to see them fight each other again. Bad matchup - Gabe loves it though!
I would have given the second fight to Thompson. I think we see Hunt fight again this year - his leg isn't broken - he's got power and he's still hungry for cash - especially those kind of pay days...750K disclosed earnings.... he's not hanging up the gloves just yet.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on March 07, 2017, 02:21:50 PMI never want to see them fight each other again. Bad matchup - Gabe loves it though!

Sorry I had a different opinion to "Mr. UFC expert"  ::) ::) ::)