Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 11:14:27 PM
Would love to see McGregor fire the boot to the head during the fight. As for his left, the boxing gloves will be heavier than what we are used to seeing him wear.

If he does that I imagine hell get to enjoy the inside of a Nevada prison for a few years.

omaghjoe

Right lads enuff off this circus carryon, Ward Kovalev 2 this weekend

Think Ward will have learnt alot after the losing the first fight  :P and he may nick it this time. Also Kovalev's camp seems to be in a wee bit of disarray. but we will see. Gonna be rubbish anyway, in fact cast iron guarantee that it will be with Ward involved, I would rather watch Mayweather.

Tho read a good article about it somewhere and it says that the problem was there was a lot of even rounds in the fight that could have gone either way depending on your interpretation. Ward was given alot of these whereas Kovalev was clear winner in the rounds that he took. Which I actually agree with even tho I think Kovalev was the clear winner.
Anyway the article proposed a 9.5 score for even rounds or less pressure on judges to pick a winner

Syferus

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 16, 2017, 08:42:49 PM
Right lads enuff off this circus carryon, Ward Kovalev 2 this weekend

Think Ward will have learnt alot after the losing the first fight  :P and he may nick it this time. Also Kovalev's camp seems to be in a wee bit of disarray. but we will see. Gonna be rubbish anyway, in fact cast iron guarantee that it will be with Ward involved, I would rather watch Mayweather.

Tho read a good article about it somewhere and it says that the problem was there was a lot of even rounds in the fight that could have gone either way depending on your interpretation. Ward was given alot of these whereas Kovalev was clear winner in the rounds that he took. Which I actually agree with even tho I think Kovalev was the clear winner.
Anyway the article proposed a 9.5 score for even rounds or less pressure on judges to pick a winner

? ? ?

The first fight was excellent.

nrico2006

I though Kovalev won the first fight. Hopefully he wins tonight. Are we looking at 6 on the button?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

Fuk me
5 low blows disgraceful from ref...if the fight was to be stopped it should have been for a disqualification

bennydorano

Watched it there 'as live', disappointing end with plenty of points of contention. There'll have to be a 3rd.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on June 18, 2017, 09:47:09 AM
Watched it there 'as live', disappointing end with plenty of points of contention. There'll have to be a 3rd.

Premature stoppage but brilliant closing out by Ward. Absolutely ripped him to the body.

Can't see any appetite for a third now that it's 2-0. Another very good fight though.

JimStynes

Ward is just a better boxer. Gets a lot of stick but he's brilliant and knows how to win.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 11:04:40 AM

Premature stoppage but brilliant closing out by Ward. Absolutely ripped him to the body. balls

Can't see any appetite for a third now that it's 2-0. Another very good fight though.

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

Premature stoppage but brilliant closing out by Ward. Absolutely ripped him to the body. balls

For the finish? Didn't hit him in the balls once.

glens73

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2017, 06:28:02 PM

https://twitter.com/exnflscout/status/876322388086009856

omaghjoe

Your right he didnt hit him once he hit him three times at the finish, not to mention once in the 8th before hand and in the 7th both of which went unpunished, as well in a earlier round which Weeks warned him for. Kovalev should have hit him back in the same place thats what a crappy dirty boxer like Ward brings the sport too.

Kovalev was ahead in a tight fight before the unpunished low blows, he was fighting on the inside unlike last time and probably shading it there. But it was  his jab was doing the trick.

At the finish his face when Weeks was calling it off was off worry that he was disqualified before he realised. It reminded him of the  announcement of the first fight when he thought he lost.   

Normally I dont mind a dirty boxer if he's honest dirty (Sean Porter). P4P my hole Ward can't f**king box, he grabs, rabbit punches, kidney punches, low blows not to mention that he would sicken your hole to look at and listen to.

JimStynes

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 09:06:29 PM

Your right he didnt hit him once he hit him three times at the finish, not to mention once in the 8th before hand and in the 7th both of which went unpunished, as well in a earlier round which Weeks warned him for. Kovalev should have hit him back in the same place thats what a crappy dirty boxer like Ward brings the sport too.

Kovalev was ahead in a tight fight before the unpunished low blows, he was fighting on the inside unlike last time and probably shading it there. But it was  his jab was doing the trick.

At the finish his face when Weeks was calling it off was off worry that he was disqualified before he realised. It reminded him of the  announcement of the first fight when he thought he lost.   

Normally I dont mind a dirty boxer if he's honest dirty (Sean Porter). P4P my hole Ward can't f**king box, he grabs, rabbit punches, kidney punches, low blows not to mention that he would sicken your hole to look at and listen to.

Haha ffs he's been top 3 P4P for years now. And I had Ward winning handy enough before the stoppage, Kovalev was badly hurt just before it as well. Shit stoppage by the ref all the same.

gallsman

Ffs, the one he cracked him before the right to the head was square on the belt. Low blow my f**king hole. Pack of whingy bastards. The gift posted above on the Twitter link similarly isn't a low blow.

omaghjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on June 18, 2017, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2017, 09:06:29 PM

Haha ffs he's been top 3 P4P for years now. And I had Ward winning handy enough before the stoppage, Kovalev was badly hurt just before it as well. Shit stoppage by the ref all the same.

Handy enough? Most cards I have seen had Kovalev ahead in a tight fight. What fight were you watching? Do you include half assed kidney punches on the break as scoring punches?