I urge any Irish Nationalists to boycott Wikipedia

Started by trentoneill15, November 03, 2017, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2017, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 03, 2017, 05:11:03 PM
What was the editor's name? Was it Mooretwin?
There's a blast from the past. Is he really at that?

As regards the OP, wise up.
;D Harsh!

Eamonnca1

He was back then. I used to do a bit of wiki editing when I had nothing better to do; nowadays I have a job that keeps me busier. Dunno if that gobs^&*e is still on his little loyalist crusade, but he was one bitter and twisted individual. As an olive branch I backed him up on some Irish cricket pages that were slated for deletion, but I don't know if it made much of an impression on him.

Avondhu star

Have you brought this to Joe Duffy attention?
It's the type of shite he'd like
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Eamonnca1

Keyser soze

Maybe before starting to edit an online encyclopedia you should establish the difference between a principal and a principle.

Main Street

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 03, 2017, 05:49:09 PM
Last time I looked at the GAA page the "criticism" section had grown to engulf over a quarter of the page because of a unionist editor compiling every negative thing that was ever said about the gah. After numerous disputes with him I promptly applied the same standard to the Linfield FC page.
I have come across many disputes with fanatic Wiki editors super imposing their particular beliefs in the name of objectivity or research based. In most cases I have found their reasoning to be pseudo and self serving.

I note that on the GAA wiki page  there is a paragraph

The parish rule
'Clubs, which are the basic unit of administration in the GAA, may have their catchment areas defined by the local Roman Catholic parish boundaries'.

There is no such parish rule and a club's boundary may be defined by a catholic church boundary area or it may not be bound.

In another context altogether  there is a reference to a parish in the rule which defines what a 'home club' is for a player
for ladies
A Home Club means:
(a) A Club in the players Native Parish, or
(b) The Club in the Parish in which she resides, or
(c) The First Club with which she legally played in an Officially recognised Club Competition.

trentoneill15

As regards the OP, wise up.

Well then I hope your children or grandchildren become famous one day and they list them as Northern Irish. A man with 4763 posts on here insinuating that I spend too much time online?

trentoneill15

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 04, 2017, 12:28:35 PM
Maybe before starting to edit an online encyclopedia you should establish the difference between a principal and a principle.

Sorry the English language was forced upon my people you see.

trentoneill15

Quote from: Avondhu star on November 03, 2017, 11:06:11 PM
Have you brought this to Joe Duffy attention?
It's the type of shite he'd like

No I doubt RTE would allow a northerner to contact them.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 03, 2017, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 03, 2017, 05:10:04 PM
It is a bit trivial.

Trying to boycott a massive and genuinely awesome open source project like Wikipedia because of a few rogue issues you have with it is a very north of Ireland response to a problem.

I urged Irish nationalists to boycott wikipedia, if you aren't irritated by this then you aren't an Irish Nationalist.

Lol.  ::)

trentoneill15

Quote from: OakleafCounty on November 21, 2017, 10:33:31 AM
Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 03, 2017, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 03, 2017, 05:10:04 PM
It is a bit trivial.

Trying to boycott a massive and genuinely awesome open source project like Wikipedia because of a few rogue issues you have with it is a very north of Ireland response to a problem.

I urged Irish nationalists to boycott wikipedia, if you aren't irritated by this then you aren't an Irish Nationalist.

Lol.  ::)

Just you keep rolling your eyes or maybe you could argue my point?

Syferus

trentoneill15

Quote from: Syferus on November 21, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Have we brought Wikipedia to its knees yet?

I don't know, I haven't looked at it, I get my information from other websites now.

Syferus

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 03:37:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 21, 2017, 03:36:10 PM
Have we brought Wikipedia to its knees yet?

I don't know, I haven't looked at it, I get my information from other websites now.

You know you're saving Wikipedia money by not wasting their bandwidth, right? You're actually doing more to support them than you were when you were visiting the site.

They're a non-profit that doesn't run ads..

Eamonnca1