Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

armaghniac

Likely end up, 40 unionists, 39 nationalists and 11 others, probably 28 DUP and 27 SF.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 04, 2017, 12:26:47 AM
Likely end up, 40 unionists, 39 nationalists and 11 others, probably 28 DUP and 27 SF.
That's sums up NI politics... sectarian head count

Feck everything else that matters
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: GJL on March 04, 2017, 12:21:50 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 04, 2017, 12:18:13 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 04, 2017, 12:16:32 AM
Jesus Edwin Poots is a f**king cretin.
Beat me to it.

Was great to watch him though. He is ripping. Lol.

That man is mental, great entertainment though. Him Sammy and Gregory always give off a good soundbite. Just another example why the DUP will never have a broader appeal outside their loyal hardcore following.

dec

I assume that Jim Allister would be prepared to join the DUP in most things that they would have a petition of concern about.

Dougal Maguire

I doubt it won't be enough as, by the looks of things, they're going to end up on 28
Careful now

LeoMc

Quote from: dec on March 04, 2017, 12:35:16 AM
I assume that Jim Allister would be prepared to join the DUP in most things that they would have a petition of concern about.
He does not like PoCs nor the DUP. I imagine he would extract a very high price for backing one.

Take Your Points

Quote from: LeoMc on March 04, 2017, 12:46:46 AM
He does not like PoCs nor the DUP. I imagine he would extract a very high price for backing one.

But he shares their 'moral' concerns.

LeoMc

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 04, 2017, 01:07:23 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 04, 2017, 12:46:46 AM

But he shares their 'moral' concerns.
However he thinks they lack morals for doing business with SF.

dillinger

Windmill abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2017, 12:31:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 04, 2017, 12:26:47 AM
That's sums up NI politics... sectarian head count

Feck everything else that matters

True.
Unionists have had to be dragged into modern politics.
As each council\assembly election shows an increase in the nationalist/catholic vote.

The result of this election should show the conservatives that they no longer have a guaranteed support from the majority of voters from here for the policies.

If Sinn Fein make the small step of representing their elecorate at westminster (they have already bowed to the Queen and enjoyed dinner with her). they can negate the DUP's power in London now and make the Unionists go into talks without the automatic backing of the UK Government.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Eamonnca1

DUP 28
SF 27
SDLP 12
UUP 10
AP 8
Others 4

1 seat left. Where is it?

Eamonnca1

Poor Nesbitt. I can't help but like the fella. Good speech he gave in standing down.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-northern-ireland-2017-39160945

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 04, 2017, 03:05:00 AM
DUP 28
SF 27
SDLP 12
UUP 10
AP 8
Others 4

1 seat left. Where is it?

South Belfast, Green declared
Greens take last seat in belfast https://www.periscope.tv/w/a4jUgzFQWEVk

Sin é. Off  to the leaba.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dougal Maguire

No real sympathy for Nesbitt. Don't forget at the last Westministerelection he was cozying up to DUP to come up with a pact for agreed unionist candidates. He's completely shallow and just out for himself
Careful now