Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: armaghniac on March 03, 2017, 02:46:36 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 03, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
Danny Kennedy in trouble maybe he would be grateful of a few nationalist transfer but seeing as he wants to out fleg DUP I hope he is toast the pr1ck

he is 1200 short behind Conor Murphy. The DUP guy has 600 of a surplus and the Alliance candidate has 1400. He'll get some Alliance transfers and the rest will elect McNulty, so McNulty's surplus might make  or break Danny. If Danny gets, then Conor Murphy does not.

Conor Murphy in bother ??? Why is that ?? If he loses would that be a Portillo moment ??

MoChara

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 03, 2017, 01:43:51 PM
Looks like all 4 SF candidates above PBP in West Belfast, so Gerry tell us, how did that brexit thing go for you

He couldn't be far of the seat though, you'd have to think the transfers from Michael Collins to him will put him near the quota

Minder

Quote from: MoChara on March 03, 2017, 02:52:40 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 03, 2017, 01:43:51 PM
Looks like all 4 SF candidates above PBP in West Belfast, so Gerry tell us, how did that brexit thing go for you

He couldn't be far of the seat though, you'd have to think the transfers from Michael Collins to him will put him near the quota

Yeah he is expected to get in, Attwood out
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AhNowRef

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 03, 2017, 02:43:30 PM
DUP already elected the last seat will likely be between Kennedy and the SDLP

Danny Kennedy in trouble maybe he would be grateful of a few nationalist transfer but seeing as he wants to out fleg DUP I hope he is toast the pr1ck

he is 1200 short behind Conor Murphy. The DUP guy has 600 of a surplus and the Alliance candidate has 1400. He'll get some Alliance transfers and the rest will elect McNulty, so McNulty's surplus might make  or break Danny. If Danny gets, then Conor Murphy does not.

Quote from: ashman on March 03, 2017, 02:49:01 PM

Conor Murphy in bother ??? Why is that ?? If he loses would that be a Portillo moment ??

Im totally lost here lads .. is it between Kennedy and SDLP .. or .. Kennedy and SF

Either way I hope he's out .. now that I know it aint the DUP ..

armaghniac

Eamonn McCann is toast.
Gerry Carroll is get last seat, without making the quota.
PBP leap forward stumbles.

There are interesting things in relation to later transfers in Lagan Valley the SDLP transfers could push the UU person ahead of the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Longshanks

massive news if east derry get the two SF in and ind

armaghniac

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 03, 2017, 02:53:56 PM
Im totally lost here lads .. is it between Kennedy and SDLP .. or .. Kennedy and SF

Either way I hope he's out .. now that I know it aint the DUP ..

It is between Murphy and Kennedy. The preferences from the SDLP surplus when McNulty is elected will determine things.

Applesisapples

T Fearon

Will you remember what you were doing if and when Kennedy falls?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on March 03, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

Probably not. But if McCausland isn't elected I will discard my Lenten resolutions for one day.

AhNowRef

Quote from: armaghniac on March 03, 2017, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 03, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

Probably not. But if McCausland isn't elected I will discard my Lenten resolutions for one day.

lol .. I'll drink to that  :)

Applesisapples

Carla Lockart chewed them all up in Upper Bann.

Applesisapples

Gerry Carroll doesn't get that brexit or left exit is the same thing to those who want to remain.

Applesisapples

Where is this Stor-mount that Martina Anderson talks about?

armaghniac

Whatever about SDLP - UU transfers, some people have an interesting strategy, Conservative 1 and PBP 2 is a bit different for instance.

Anyhow prediction from Nicholas Whyte.
Final seats range: DUP 28-32, SF 26-30, UUP 8-11, SDLP 6-11, Alliance 8-9, Green 2, PBP 1, TUV 1, Sugden 1. Max 44/90 Unionist MLAs.
This means that the Assembly can at least vote for something to be done about Brexit, May might not listen but she certainly won't if they could not get their act together.
There will never a unionist majority again, unless turnout declines.