Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Can't be bothered voting.

But will turn up tonight at 9:00 for 4 hours for "overnight verification" as it's called. Hopefully, away for 12:30-01:00 & a ton in the sky rocket from EONI in 6 weeks time.

lawnseed

just giving yez a wee shout in..
seeing what's happening..

gonna head out to vote now and see who's about.

just speaking to a shinner earlier he say over 600 voters he registered didn't get their cards some did come in the afternoon post..

lawnseed
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Rois

You don't need your polling card to vote but it's handy for the information to get you there if you don't know where you should be going.

stiffler

Turn out up across Northern Ireland , could mean bad news for the first minister !
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Horse Box

Quote from: stiffler on March 02, 2017, 05:52:09 PM
Turn out up across Northern Ireland , could mean bad news for the first minister !

Or has her scare tactic got the Unionist vote out ?

Saffrongael

Quote from: Horse Box on March 02, 2017, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: stiffler on March 02, 2017, 05:52:09 PM

Or has her scare tactic got the Unionist vote out ?

38% in Sandy Row @ 5pm so I would say the unionist vote is out
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

general_lee

Went 1. SF 2. SF 3. GP 4. WP 5. SDLP 6. AP

Unionist parties in Upper Bann have a long proven track record of bigotry so it will be a while before they find themselves getting a preference on my ballot paper.

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on March 02, 2017, 06:19:35 PM
Went 1. SF 2. SF 3. GP 4. WP 5. SDLP 6. AP

Unionist parties in Upper Bann have a long proven track record of bigotry so it will be a while before they find themselves getting a preference on my ballot paper.

They do, but it may be that one is more bigoted than the other. Or you could just vote for non incumbent candidates to move things around.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SHEEDY

voted; SF 1+2, SDLP 3+4, ALL 5, GP 6 in south down. even got the missus out to vote for 1st time in ages.

as LAD said 'get your holes to the polls'.
nil satis nisi optimum

JoG2

Quote from: Rois on March 02, 2017, 05:42:10 PM
You don't need your polling card to vote but it's handy for the information to get you there if you don't know where you should be going.

Indeed.. A good few round our way, inc ourselves didn't get cards. In and tell them where you live and they'll point you to the right room... Vote early and often!

Taylor

Finally decided to vote and went for SDLP, Alliance & UUP.
Almost felt like a traitor or I should be hiding but the crowd currently/previously on the hill had no interest in helping Joe Piblic so would give the other crowds a turn (I realise it is highly unlikely and it will be the same old shite)

Saffrongael

Quote from: Taylor on March 02, 2017, 08:58:33 PM
Finally decided to vote and went for SDLP, Alliance & UUP.
Almost felt like a traitor or I should be hiding but the crowd currently/previously on the hill had no interest in helping Joe Piblic so would give the other crowds a turn (I realise it is highly unlikely and it will be the same old shite)

Yeah SF talking as if we will get something different if they are returned biggest party. Would love to know what will be different, as they will still be joined at the hip with DUP
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

screenexile

Looks like turnover is up all over which is great!!

You would like to think TUV and Mike TV have made some inroads into the DUP a dilution of the Unionist vote would be great. Fingers crossed but I'm hoping an increased Unionist vote means more votes against the DUP!!

tothetop03

Voted for the first time in 06/07...still think we are only rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic....hope i am wrong though...

Take Your Points

In our house we all went with the opposition:  1.SDLP   2.UUP   3.Green   4. Alliance in West Tyrone