general_lee

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 02, 2017, 09:25:45 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 02, 2017, 08:37:44 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on March 02, 2017, 07:55:12 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 01, 2017, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on March 01, 2017, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 01, 2017, 08:47:46 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 28, 2017, 07:51:54 PM
So what "equality" do nationalists not have at the minute ? Curious and not trolling

Just my opinion but I feel that the DUP and a large cohort of UUP supporters don't regard my Irish identity as equal to their British and don't regard my desire/aspiration for a United Ireland as equal to theirs to remain a part of the UK, my flag doesn't fly over any public building and I live my life almost totally framed in a "Northern Ireland" context because that's the official position.

Remember, you cannot legislate to change someone's opinion.
Northern Ireland is where you live like it or not. Why do you expect the flag of a foreign country to be given the same status as the flag of the UK.
Do the Ukraine government fly the Russian flag because a certain percentage of Ukrainians are of Russian extraction?
Your attraction to another country can be solved by going to live there. Otherwise continue where you are until a majority there believe that they would be better off in a united Ireland. Thats the G.F.A. position Gerry and the boys accepted

I see your Dublin
So take your westbrit BS somewhere else
Over 40 percent of the population up here have never excepted the Union Jack as their flag
The same as most of the population in the republic didn't except it when it was flying in Dublin castle
Something tells me if your where around you wouldn't have a problem with it
The GFA was to achieve the same means as armed struggle without the violence ( a move endorsed by all nationalist including myself )

I can empathise with unionist to a certain extent but Westbrits make me puke
Stick your nose back in your Indo or find a unionist thread
A big jump to conclusions because someone had a Dublin Base. Bad enough one crowd living in the 1690s but using West Brit as an insult is so 1970 especially from one whose education (limited as it is) was paid for by Johnny Brit over in Barnsley and is in receipt of welfare from the same source
f**k up westbrit
That response proves my point re limited education. Of course teachers can only work with what they are given. They're not miracle workers
Oh my, a witty westbrit.

Rois

Vote cast - virtually empty polling station at 8.20am in North Belfast. As I knew the other three voters I saw in there, I believe that not a vote or preference would have been cast for the DUP.  Oh that the same situation would be replicated everywhere. 

Harold Disgracey

I voted at 7.20am, was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I voted SF 1,2,3 and went down the list and omitted Danny Kennedy and William Irwin.

north_antrim_hound

So what "equality" do nationalists not have at the minute ? Curious and not trolling

Just my opinion but I feel that the DUP and a large cohort of UUP supporters don't regard my Irish identity as equal to their British and don't regard my desire/aspiration for a United Ireland as equal to theirs to remain a part of the UK, my flag doesn't fly over any public building and I live my life almost totally framed in a "Northern Ireland" context because that's the official position.

Northern Ireland is where you live like it or not. Why do you expect the flag of a foreign country to be given the same status as the flag of the UK.
Do the Ukraine government fly the Russian flag because a certain percentage of Ukrainians are of Russian extraction?
Your attraction to another country can be solved by going to live there. Otherwise continue where you are until a majority there believe that they would be better off in a united Ireland. Thats the G.F.A. position Gerry and the boys accepted

I see your Dublin
Over 40 percent of the population up here have never excepted the Union Jack as their flag
The same as most of the population in the republic didn't except it when it was flying in Dublin castle
The GFA was to achieve the same means as armed struggle without the violence ( a move endorsed by all nationalist including myself )

A big jump to conclusions because someone had a Dublin Base. Bad enough one crowd living in the 1690s but using West Brit as an insult is so 1970 especially from one whose education (limited as it is) was paid for by Johnny Brit over in Barnsley and is in receipt of welfare from the same source

Wrong again,
Nationalist education in the north is paid by funds from the rates on housing in the north
My parents where hard working people and never received money from the British state
And neither have I
the nationalist who depended on welfare as they couldn't get work due to there religion I have no problem with that although I will acknowledge some are just spongers just like some in the republic

I have enough education and have travelled and worked all over this island enough to recognise a westbrit when I see one
You don't seem to be that well read yourself and maybe you should come up here and live
You seem to have that inherent judgemental bigot gene that's required to be a staunch unionist
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

JPGJOHNNYG

Right South Belfast
1 Hanna sdlp 2 Mom sf 3 Gallagher  sdlp 4 Bailey green 5 mcdonough alliance 6 Burns lab 7 kerr wp 8 Henderson uup. The rest can feck off including dont know what party I am this week Bradshaw and brexit loving PBP

AhNowRef

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 02, 2017, 10:57:37 AM

I see your Dublin

Wrong again,
Nationalist education in the north is paid by funds from the rates on housing in the north
My parents where hard working people and never received money from the British state
And neither have I
the nationalist who depended on welfare as they couldn't get work due to there religion I have no problem with that although I will acknowledge some are just spongers just like some in the republic

I have enough education and have travelled and worked all over this island enough to recognise a westbrit when I see one
You don't seem to be that well read yourself and maybe you should come up here and live
You seem to have that inherent judgemental bigot gene that's required to be a staunch unionist

Yep, pretty much sums up most Northern folks stories on here I would guess ...

Avondhu star Sorry, Ruth Dudley Edwards, you really havent a clue old chap  ::) .. but you are funny  ;)

Lazer

South Down

1 - AP. 2 -  GP 3 - SDLP, 4 - SDLP, 5 - SF, 6 - SF, 7 - UUP, 8 - CONS, 9 - TUV

No votes for DUP or local independent

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

ashman

A lot of folk here making a virtue of giving "Nattin" to the DUP.

I suspect this is not a change in voting behaviour.

grounded

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 01, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 01, 2017, 08:38:50 PM

Is that you Arlene??  I am not of Irish "extraction".  I am Irish.

Northern Irish. Thats the facts of life no matter what you wish. And the Unionists are the same even though they want the British tag.

Absolute rubbish on so many levels, least of which there is no such thing as Northern Irish nationality. You will find most people in NI class themselves as Irish or British with a substantial number of Polish and other nationalities.

Rois

Quote from: ashman on March 02, 2017, 12:27:40 PM

No true, I have never voted DUP anyway, but I've never given a preference to UUP before, and I did this time.  Also left out a SF candidate who I can't stand the sound of (Caral Ni Chuilin).  And preferred the centre parties before Gerry Kelly from SF. 

JPGJOHNNYG

The 12pm turnout is encouraging in most areas. Fingers crossed, the higher the turnout the better for nationalism.

NAG1

Quote from: Rois on March 02, 2017, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: ashman on March 02, 2017, 12:27:40 PM

No true, I have never voted DUP anyway, but I've never given a preference to UUP before, and I did this time.  Also left out a SF candidate who I can't stand the sound of (Caral Ni Chuilin).  And preferred the centre parties before Gerry Kelly from SF.

Would love to see SF get rid of her, absolute bomb scare (no pun intended) every time she speaks, any where on any subject.

Norf Tyrone

When does the counting start? 10pm or tomorrow?

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2017, 01:21:27 PM
For assembly elections its usually starts the next day

Rois

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2017, 01:21:27 PM
Heard the election commission lady on the radio this  morn.  Tonight they sort out all the spoiled or invalid votes and counting starts tomorrow.

First results due tomorrow afternoon.