Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: AQMP on February 28, 2017, 10:09:51 AM
Latest Lucid Talk Poll shows DUP at 26.3%, actually UP from the last poll.  God save us all - there is no hope for this rotten state!

The publication of their manifesto give them a boost.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AhNowRef

Quote from: smelmoth on February 24, 2017, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 23, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
The lovely Nelson McCausland on Nolan last night proved again what a wee bitter weasel he is .. he doesnt care about the consequences as long as "we're free from Europe" .. basically they think a hard border will be good for OWC in that it widens the gap between the North and the Republic ... The incorrectly think/hope that they can get back to Stormont 1950 ..  FFS  ::)

Also, as regards himself, poots and Big Arnie Fister saying that the Brexit donor details will all be released today ... I wouldnt hold my breath .. I would be amazed if they release the details ... it will be another case (as per RHI recipients) of them pretending to "want" to release the details but "alas we cant because the Donor wont hear of it" .....  I could be wrong but I will believe it when I see it..

Nelson is a tube. Wouldn't get elected anywhere normal.

But I wouldn't get too carried away with his comments. Ask any shinner if they want a united ireland even if the consequences were negative and you will get a similarly narrow minded gobshite answer

Afraid I have to disagree on that one ...  Lots & lots of Sf voters would NOT vote for a UI if they thought it would leave us all in the sh1te !!

OakleafCounty

Quote from: ashman on February 28, 2017, 10:57:55 AM
Quote from: AQMP on February 28, 2017, 10:09:51 AM
Latest Lucid Talk Poll shows DUP at 26.3%, actually UP from the last poll.  God save us all - there is no hope for this rotten state!

Local government , assembly , Westminster , European Parliament .  4 levels of government interfering in people's lives .  Two is more than enough TBH .

Europe's going anyway. At this stage I'd probably get rid of the assembly if I had to pick one of the remaining three.

Taylor

In two minds to vote or not.

We just seem to be always teetering on the edge of the abyss with neither side willing to give an inch and always appealing to the hardcore elements.

Themmuns are campaigning about Armageddon happening if Gerry gets in while SF are basing their campaign about the RHI scandal and not how they will change things/handle Brexit/look at health etc

Depressing stuff

johnneycool

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 02:33:41 PM

We just seem to be always teetering on the edge of the abyss with neither side willing to give an inch and always appealing to the hardcore elements.

Themmuns are campaigning about Armageddon happening if Gerry gets in while SF are basing their campaign about the RHI scandal and not how they will change things/handle Brexit/look at health etc

Depressing stuff

SF are basing their campaign on equality, something Arlene has been steadfastly against, so I'm not sure you can tar both sides with the same brush.

Taylor

Quote from: johnneycool on February 28, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

Depressing stuff

SF are basing their campaign on equality, something Arlene has been steadfastly against, so I'm not sure you can tar both sides with the same brush.

They are basing their arguments on how bad the other side are.

Equality isnt an issue for me

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AhNowRef

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 04:03:32 PM

Depressing stuff

No they arent .. Sf are basing their main arguments on the RHI scandal, previous scandals and equality ... the DUP are just scaremongering re historical insecurities...

Same ole thing again with the erroneous view that both sides are as bad as eachother .... I honestly cant see how you or anyone cannot see the difference .. If we are going to move forward, we have to live in the hear & now ... Would you not agree that the DUP are either grossly incompetent &/or corrupt in their dealings with RHI, Red Sky , Irisgate, Petergate, NAMA etc.....

I dont see how SF bringing that up (as do all the other parties including the UUP by the way) is remotely akin to the DUP simply dredging up supposed bogeymen and trying to scare the bejasus out of their electorate .. who unfortunately fall for the same ole dung every time  ::)

Also, equality is the main issue for me ..

Avondhu star

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 28, 2017, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 04:03:32 PM

Depressing stuff

No they arent .. Sf are basing their main arguments on the RHI scandal, previous scandals and equality ... the DUP are just scaremongering re historical insecurities...

Same ole thing again with the erroneous view that both sides are as bad as eachother .... I honestly cant see how you or anyone cannot see the difference .. If we are going to move forward, we have to live in the hear & now ... Would you not agree that the DUP are either grossly incompetent &/or corrupt in their dealings with RHI, Red Sky , Irisgate, Petergate, NAMA etc.....

I dont see how SF bringing that up (as do all the other parties including the UUP by the way) is remotely akin to the DUP simply dredging up supposed bogeymen and trying to scare the bejasus out of their electorate .. who unfortunately fall for the same ole dung every time  ::)

Also, equality is the main issue for me ..

If you think some imagined lack of "equality" is the most important isdue facing the Six Counties then you deserve what you get. You will have equal space on the canoe going down the swanee as the glorified county council does f all
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

armaghniac

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 28, 2017, 07:03:06 PM
If you think some imagined lack of "equality" is the most important isdue facing the Six Counties then you deserve what you get. You will have equal space on the canoe going down the swanee as the glorified county council does f all

The glorified county council does indeed do  f all, but there is no reason to let bollixes run it all the same.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

I get where you are coming from, but I disagree. Who do you decide then which members of society are less equal to others? I can't agree to society that is based on that.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Nationalists / Republicans / Catholics were the less equal members of our society...
Testing Accessibility

Avondhu star

Quote from: ziggysego on February 28, 2017, 07:19:36 PM

I get where you are coming from, but I disagree. Who do you decide then which members of society are less equal to others? I can't agree to society that is based on that.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Nationalists / Republicans / Catholics were the less equal members of our society...
We remember it well. But where do you see the lack of equality now?
There are no complaints about access to housing, employment, social services, education. If anything the Loyalist working class seem to have been left behind in the likes of education and access to third level especially.
The DUP shot down the Language Act but in all honesty is that a major issue or a manufactured issue? I acceptfully of course that the DUP would prefer if Nationalists never crossed the door of Stormont but Im sure a good few SInn Fein supporters would like to see the Unionist crowd on the boat to the UK

Saffrongael

So what "equality" do nationalists not have at the minute ? Curious and not trolling
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JPGJOHNNYG

Ha im guessing all that housing in  north belfast being blocked is just one of those things and not dodds and mccausland desperately trying to keep the numbers right in their constituency. Is it any bloody wonder they both shat bricks over the new proposed boundaries. Years of their mischevious hard work undone by some civil servant and a crayon.

Avondhu star

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 28, 2017, 08:04:03 PM
Ha im guessing all that housing in  north belfast being blocked is just one of those things and not dodds and mccausland desperately trying to keep the numbers right in their constituency. Is it any bloody wonder they both shat bricks over the new proposed boundaries. Years of their mischevious hard work undone by some civil servant and a crayon.

And that's why housing etc must be kept away from the politicians.
Of course Gerry Kelly was quick enough to try the sectarian headcount as well