Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: smelmoth on February 24, 2017, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 23, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
The lovely Nelson McCausland on Nolan last night proved again what a wee bitter weasel he is .. he doesnt care about the consequences as long as "we're free from Europe" .. basically they think a hard border will be good for OWC in that it widens the gap between the North and the Republic ... The incorrectly think/hope that they can get back to Stormont 1950 ..  FFS  ::)

Also, as regards himself, poots and Big Arnie Fister saying that the Brexit donor details will all be released today ... I wouldnt hold my breath .. I would be amazed if they release the details ... it will be another case (as per RHI recipients) of them pretending to "want" to release the details but "alas we cant because the Donor wont hear of it" .....  I could be wrong but I will believe it when I see it..

Nelson is a tube. Wouldn't get elected anywhere normal.

But I wouldn't get too carried away with his comments. Ask any shinner if they want a united ireland even if the consequences were negative and you will get a similarly narrow minded gobshite answer
Long live our Tory overlords

smelmoth

Quote from: general_lee on February 26, 2017, 10:02:02 AM
The lovely Nelson McCausland on Nolan last night proved again what a wee bitter weasel he is .. he doesnt care about the consequences as long as "we're free from Europe" .. basically they think a hard border will be good for OWC in that it widens the gap between the North and the Republic ... The incorrectly think/hope that they can get back to Stormont 1950 ..  FFS  ::)

Also, as regards himself, poots and Big Arnie Fister saying that the Brexit donor details will all be released today ... I wouldnt hold my breath .. I would be amazed if they release the details ... it will be another case (as per RHI recipients) of them pretending to "want" to release the details but "alas we cant because the Donor wont hear of it" .....  I could be wrong but I will believe it when I see it..

But I wouldn't get too carried away with his comments. Ask any shinner if they want a united ireland even if the consequences were negative and you will get a similarly narrow minded gobshite answer

Whats your point?

general_lee

Quote from: smelmoth on February 26, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

Whats your point?
My point is you are a narrow minded gobshite.

smelmoth

Quote from: general_lee on February 26, 2017, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on February 26, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

Whats your point?
My point is you are a narrow minded gobshite.

Based on what exactly?

yellowcard

DUP have ran a horrible sectarian election campaign based on stoking up fear, division and hatred. It might benefit them short term in this election but longer term they hold little appeal for the younger generation who will tend not to vote in great numbers. Some of their interviews from their candidates in recent weeks have been absolutely shocking.

armaghniac

Quote from: yellowcard on February 26, 2017, 11:02:58 PM
DUP have ran a horrible sectarian election campaign based on stoking up fear, division and hatred. It might benefit them short term in this election but longer term they hold little appeal for the younger generation who will tend not to vote in great numbers. Some of their interviews from their candidates in recent weeks have been absolutely shocking.

The "younger generation" need to get off their arses and Facebook and vote for someone else. It is true that many of the others are largely useless, but useless is different from malign. The "younger generation" in England let the pensioners vote themselves out of the EU, with long term consequences. NI has a particular problem with Brexit and people with some interest in the future need to vote.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

In working class Loyalist areas and hardcore farmer areas this shite they are pumping out is pure gold. They'll take no hurt in those areas. I'd be surprised if there is much change for either SF and DUP.

armaghniac

There is Claire somebody from PBP on the BBC tonight who is still spinning that there is "fearmongering re the border" and Sinn Féin are posturing, rather "that border communities should be asked what they want" FFS. Of course she does not suggest any scintilla of a plan as to how border problems are to be avoided. Why are people in West Belfast voting for people that are at one with Theresa May in lies?

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 26, 2017, 11:09:21 PM
In working class Loyalist areas and hardcore farmer areas this shite they are pumping out is pure gold. They'll take no hurt in those areas. I'd be surprised if there is much change for either SF and DUP.

Not sure about hardcore farmers, they know they're in for a royal screwing once the EU subsidies go, but Mike TV isn't really giving them a plan B other than some fantastical enterprise zone to be funded by god knows who!

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on February 27, 2017, 09:16:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 26, 2017, 11:09:21 PM

Not sure about hardcore farmers, they know they're in for a royal screwing once the EU subsidies go, but Mike TV isn't really giving them a plan B other than some fantastical enterprise zone to be funded by god knows who!

Why did the Farmers Union then campaign to leave? That one has always baffled me.

Hereiam

Because they are another arm of the Orange Order. Simple as that.

NAG1

Quote from: Hereiam on February 27, 2017, 09:53:57 AM
Because they are another arm of the Orange Order. Simple as that.

That bit I get but you cant campaign to leave and then complain about losing subsidies. It was a crazy position and looking increasingly so.

Hereiam

They have to complain to be seen to be putting pressure on the British government to replicate these subsidies when the UK leaves Europe. This is the main goal of the farmers Union,  if they get this then everything is rosie.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on February 27, 2017, 10:24:09 AM
They have to complain to be seen to be putting pressure on the British government to replicate these subsidies when the UK leaves Europe. This is the main goal of the farmers Union,  if they get this then everything is rosie.

It isn't quite that simple, some hope that tariffs on EU products will drive up prices for those inside the wall. This is all fine for some products, but then the place is flooded with Brazilian beef and genetically enhanced American stuff. Either way I think subsidies for farmers will not last, if you look at any comments in England they are along the lines of "no way will we give the money saved from the EU to the focking rich farmers". 

Frank_The_Tank

Steve Aiken from UUP possibly a worse performance than Peter Weir from DUP on Nolan this morning
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience