Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take Your Points

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM
The DUP and SF exist in a mutualistic symbiotic relationship.

possibly but who would you vote for ?

I wouldn't vote for either of them.  Both are politically corrupt in the same sense as the larger parties in the Republic have showed themselves to be over many years.

Are you saying SF are every bit as corrupt as the DUP ?

and if so, how ?

I suppose you are counting Red Sky, NAMA and RHI as DUP corruption?  Yet none have been proved beyond sheer incompetence?  Is this correct or do you have other details or evidence of corruption by DUP?

Carmen Stateside

don't worry Hardstation TYP will keep everyone right. His constant bashing of Sinn Fein has become very boring. 

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Sinn Fein have had their fair share of scandal over the years too, don't forget. Robert McCartney, Mairia Cahill, Jock Davison, Paul Quinn, Liam Adams etc.

Btw, I'm not a Sinn Fein hater and I do believe that the DUP are a more bigoted, spiteful shower but let's not kid ourselves that the thought process of the average Sinn Fein voter doesn't invertly correlate to the thought process of the average DUP voter.

At least the direction of SF policies is somewhat away from these things, while the DUP just promise use more of the same.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2017, 08:58:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2017, 08:13:19 PM
Still posting on ni politics while yours lies in the gutter!!

How partitionist >:(
Last time I looked we have a Government of sorts unlike the 6 North Eastern Counties.

No and no, you'd be totally partitionist in my view considering the previous post from you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Are you Syfīn in disguise?
You're making no sense at all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 04:31:32 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 17, 2017, 04:24:43 PM
Didn't Sinn Fein appoint Mary McArdle as a SPAD? 

Daithi McKay involved in coaching Bryson at the Nama inquiry.  Maybe not as bad as the DUP but as a joint government the both of them have failed to deliver.

"Maybe" not as bad .... Its not even in the same galaxy !!

and didnt Daithi McKay resign  .. FFS  ::)

If the Shinners had been involved in a 1/10 of what the DUP had there would have been all hell to pay ... and their vote would certainly have suffered.. big time!
As well as that the DUP have links with the Loyalist Paramilitaries that are perhaps stronger than SF's links to the remnants of the Provos, do they get held to account on that? No!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 09:34:09 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM
The DUP and SF exist in a mutualistic symbiotic relationship.

possibly but who would you vote for ?
Catch a grip, Red Sky was corrupt, perhaps more so than the RHI. Throw in links to developers getting planning on contentious sites who give party "donations" and you can see that the DUP have nothing to learn from FF.
I wouldn't vote for either of them.  Both are politically corrupt in the same sense as the larger parties in the Republic have showed themselves to be over many years.

Are you saying SF are every bit as corrupt as the DUP ?

and if so, how ?

I suppose you are counting Red Sky, NAMA and RHI as DUP corruption?  Yet none have been proved beyond sheer incompetence?  Is this correct or do you have other details or evidence of corruption by DUP?

Rois

I see pics of Sinn Fein candidates out canvassing in West Tyrone in Club Tyrone jackets...pretty sure no Sinn Fein candidates are members. Cheap tactic.

balladmaker

QuoteI see pics of Sinn Fein members out canvassing in West Tyrone in Club Tyrone jackets...pretty sure no Sinn Fein candidates are members. Cheap tactic.

How would someone know if you were a Sinn Fein member or not, anyone can join Sinn Fein quite easily via the website, and their face will never appear on any election poster or party literature to indicate their membership.

Rois

I should have said "candidate" twice instead of once, I meant the candidate.

I'm not too good at this.

T Fearon

The really silly part of this is who would vote for any candidate on the basis that they support their county's GAA team!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 12, 2017, 12:50:04 PM
They are saying it is OK to vote DUP or TUV as anti-abortion parties as alternatives to others supporting abortion but this ignores the facts that both parties are happy to bring back capital punishment,

This is truely one of the most Bizare paradoxes in modern politics that the pro abortion and pro capital punishment camps seem to be opposite camps. I get that abortion life is innocent but the bottom line is a life is being taken in both cases

Avondhu star

Quote from: AQMP on February 20, 2017, 12:12:31 PM
The Irish News carried out a survey of the level of Irish speaking among election candidates.  Only 7 considered themselves "fluent" (5 SF and 2 SDLP) and a further 7 were "nearly fluent" (5 SF, 1 SDLP and 1 Alliance - fair play Colm Cavanagh!).  Roughly half had no Irish at all.  But the most interesting comment is from Newry & Armagh Alliance candidate Jackie Coade.  Ms Coade grew up in Cork and responded that she was "discouraged from speaking Irish when she moved to NI"  The question is...by whom??

BTW the possible answers to the survey were:  Fluent: Nearly Fluent: Conversational: Some Words & Phrases: None

As a rough guide two candidates who have A-Level Irish described their level as "Conversational"

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good old rant.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

No wides

The sinners were on my door and said two words why you should vote SF, Arlene Foster.  That is some campaign - nothing about social care, jobs, education or brexit - numpties the lot of them.