Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Fairly enjoyed the View last night Mark Carruthers is an excellent interviewer and had Arlene tied up in knots from the start.

It doesn't matter who the DUP put out ultimately the fact it's one of their own and not themmuns will swing it.

The DUP base will still be there as it always was but they are bound to be losing the younger vote. The youth are a lot more informed nowadays and when the DUP's elder demographic pass on they are going to get nailed to the cross with their stance on pro choice/LGBTQ and the fact they are utterly incompetent in Government.

By the looks of things they will be grand this election but Mike TV should sow up the younger/moderate Unionists which may stand to them in the years to come.

AhNowRef

Big Arnie was a total disgrace on the View last night with Mark Curruthers ... she's one horrible aul twisted hoor..

Newton Emerson & yer blade (cant remember her name) basically said it was the most pathetic interview ever ... its really worth a watch...  especially the second half of the interview.. fair play to him, he really gets stuck in..  mind you, its an easy task, theres plenty of ammo..

As for the debate on UTV .. why oh why does no one seem to be bringing up the "incredibly important" fact that the Newsletter printed proof that civil servants in fact DID tell her way back in 2013 that there were flaws and pointed every one of them out .. its all there in black & white ..
You'd think that after her saying constantly that "no one told me" (pathetic excuse anyway for a minister) and her party members all saying the same, you'd think this would be sorta important .. yet no one feckin mentions it .. or if they do they're not mentioning it enough ... I really cant understand that :-/

AhNowRef

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2017, 11:36:37 AM
Ah, there used to be a time on this board when everything turned into Tyrone v Armagh. Alas, with the demise (albeit different levels of demise) of both counties in Gaelic football, the rivalry had seemed to dry up. Refreshing to see the position of Sinn Fein leader in the north has stoked old fires and Tymoanies & Apple Chompers pulling for their own homeboy irrespective of how ludicrous it appears to outsiders.
Conor Murphy for Pope. Michelle O'Neill for doing the dishes.

Ah if only you were witty  ::)

Take Your Points

Ah, there used to be a time on this board when everything turned into Tyrone v Armagh. Alas, with the demise (albeit different levels of demise) of both counties in Gaelic football, the rivalry had seemed to dry up. Refreshing to see the position of Sinn Fein leader in the north has stoked old fires and Tymoanies & Apple Chompers pulling for their own homeboy irrespective of how ludicrous it appears to outsiders.

Only if Gerry appoints her to dishwashing duties.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 11:51:36 AM

You have it bad for SF  :o .. who would you support TYP ?

Orior

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 11:57:33 AM

I agree with TYP. If Adams stayed with from Twitter, Cameras, Microphones and journalists then the DUP would struggle. But poor old Gerry just cannot help himself.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AhNowRef

Quote from: Orior on February 17, 2017, 01:06:04 PM

I agree with TYP. If Adams stayed with from Twitter, Cameras, Microphones and journalists then the DUP would struggle. But poor old Gerry just cannot help himself.

No they wouldnt .. they just pick another bogyman ... But lets face it ....  pin a DUP badge on a dead monkey and the silly feckers would still vote for it :-(

Take Your Points

The DUP and SF exist in a mutualistic symbiotic relationship.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM

possibly but who would you vote for ?

AhNowRef

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 01:22:53 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 17, 2017, 01:06:04 PM

No they wouldnt .. they just pick another bogyman ... But lets face it ....  pin a DUP badge on a dead monkey and the silly feckers would still vote for it :-(
The exact same can be said about Sinn Fein.

I believe that to be one of the most annoying things about politics in NI .... This constant & ubiquitous "they're both as bad as each other" nonsense is simply not true...

I vote SF but have only done so since the peace process and after SF wedded themselves to non violence .. same as most SF voters actually ..  I would NOT vote for them ever again if they were at the same crap (no need to list them as everyone knows) as the DUP .. no chance ..and Im fairly sure most normal minded people would be the same ... unfortunately the vast majority of DUP voters dont think like that ...  sad but true Im afraid  :-[

AhNowRef

No doubt there are plenty of SF voters who would be the same as most DUP voters .. i.e. ye get the vote no matter what you do ...

What Im saying is, you get a much higher percentage of that with DUP voters ...  would you not agree?

The other point not to forget is that this cant really be challenged as SF have not been at anywhere near the same level of nonsense that the DUP have ...  Would you agree with that ?

Take Your Points

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

I wouldn't vote for either of them.  Both are politically corrupt in the same sense as the larger parties in the Republic have showed themselves to be over many years.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 17, 2017, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 17, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

I wouldn't vote for either of them.  Both are politically corrupt in the same sense as the larger parties in the Republic have showed themselves to be over many years.

Are you saying SF are every bit as corrupt as the DUP ?

and if so, how ?

As far as I can see, SF have bent over backwards to make this work .. the DUP have went out of their way to make it difficult .. and thats not even taking into account their incompetence & corruption..

Frank_The_Tank

Didn't Sinn Fein appoint Mary McArdle as a SPAD? 

Daithi McKay involved in coaching Bryson at the Nama inquiry.  Maybe not as bad as the DUP but as a joint government the both of them have failed to deliver. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

AhNowRef

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 17, 2017, 04:24:43 PM
Didn't Sinn Fein appoint Mary McArdle as a SPAD? 

Daithi McKay involved in coaching Bryson at the Nama inquiry.  Maybe not as bad as the DUP but as a joint government the both of them have failed to deliver.

"Maybe" not as bad .... Its not even in the same galaxy !!

and didnt Daithi McKay resign  .. FFS  ::)

If the Shinners had been involved in a 1/10 of what the DUP had there would have been all hell to pay ... and their vote would certainly have suffered.. big time!