Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2017, 10:48:46 AM
Quote from: leenie on February 15, 2017, 10:46:43 AM
I discovered yesterday that my name had been removed from the voting register, I was made aware of it and had up to 5pm to get register.. but I don't know why I was removed as I always vote? Anyone know why
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27655.0

I don't even understand that thread
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

illdecide

I've been a SF voter all my life and TBH now and over that last few years i'm really (couldn't give a f**k)not bothered. If i'm really honest i have probably voted for SF to counter act DUP voters more than what SF can do for me. So question is where do we go from here? I'm asking myself the same questions...Don't want them bigoted DUP hoors to get in and will my SF vote make any difference to NI politics as SF and DUP will just get voted in again as the 2 largest parties and back to the status quo...Where does this all end?

I know this would never happen but what about SF and SDLP doing a secret deal with each other (the day b4 the votes...or is that not possible) and merge parties before the other side has the time to do the same and sweep up...lol. In all seriousness this country is f**ked up and will take another 2-3 generations to sort out...i'll certainly not see it in my time.

So who do i vote for (if any)?

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lazer

Quote from: illdecide on February 15, 2017, 11:31:12 AM
I've been a SF voter all my life and TBH now and over that last few years i'm really (couldn't give a f**k)not bothered. If i'm really honest i have probably voted for SF to counter act DUP voters more than what SF can do for me. So question is where do we go from here? I'm asking myself the same questions...Don't want them bigoted DUP hoors to get in and will my SF vote make any difference to NI politics as SF and DUP will just get voted in again as the 2 largest parties and back to the status quo...Where does this all end?

I know this would never happen but what about SF and SDLP doing a secret deal with each other (the day b4 the votes...or is that not possible) and merge parties before the other side has the time to do the same and sweep up...lol. In all seriousness this country is f**ked up and will take another 2-3 generations to sort out...i'll certainly not see it in my time.

So who do i vote for (if any)?

The turnout in the last assembly election was 54% - this all ends when the other 45% get out and vote!

Vote sensibly and use the transfers.

Many of those not voting are the ones disillusioned with politics, and are tired of the tribal politics. However the non voters are actually the majority - if every non voter voted for one of the non mainstream parties, we could actually see some changes!

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

armaghniac

DUP voters flying the Butcher's apron as usual.

UU  voters going to transfer centreward, if not all the to DUP. This could put some DUP seats under pressure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OgraAnDun

To be fair, how many SF voters (or SDLP voters for that matter) that are going to transfer are going to have a unionist as their second preference?

Rois

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 15, 2017, 07:29:08 PM
To be fair, how many SF voters (or SDLP voters for that matter) that are going to transfer are going to have a unionist as their second preference?
I'll have the UUP before SF

trileacman

Quote from: Rois on February 15, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
I might do too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

OgraAnDun

Quote from: trileacman on February 15, 2017, 08:18:07 PM
I might do too.

I think some (a lot?) of SDLP voters with an abhorrence of any links to violence would rather vote for the DUP than SF. First motion in any nationalist organisation being the split and all that comes into effect also.

trileacman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 15, 2017, 09:15:37 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 15, 2017, 08:18:07 PM
I might do too.

I think some (a lot?) of SDLP voters with an abhorrence of any links to violence would rather vote for the DUP than SF. First motion in any nationalist organisation being the split and all that comes into effect also.

No, forced to decide I'd always have SF over DUP and the DUP ahead of TUV. I believe in the moderates and the lesser of two ills.

This is probably the first election ever where I'd favour UUP over SF for a 2nd preference vote but that was the days before a formal opposition at Stormont and the evidence that some UUP voters would vote SDLP ahead of DUP. As the old adage tells us "My enemy's enemy is my friend."

oakleaflad

I'm seriously considering ditching the main parties and voting Green or Independent. If someone set up a common sense party tomorrow I would vote for them. Some amount of people do nothing but complain and then vote the same people/parties in time and time again.

On a separate note I don't think I could ever transfer to either UP. 

The Trap

Common sense party.......if only........don't think I will bother voting and I hate saying that......can't see anything other than the status quo as the alternatives aren't having a good campaign. .....Just pAy my taxes sit back and watch them being squandered.......

general_lee

Don't see how anyone could vote Unionist ahead of SF/DUP. If you find violence abhorrent vote for a party of pacifists (that would exclude the main four). Personally would vote Greens if they stood in my constituency which they don't so I vote SF

Tony Baloney

It's all gone very quiet on RHI. Shinners working a wee backroom deal with the DUP?

trileacman

Why such apathy for alliance. If you want a move away from non sectarian politics then surely alliance would suffice as move in the right direction.

Take Your Points

+1