Author Topic: The official Everton FC Supporters thread  (Read 81415 times)

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
Re: The official Everton FC Supporters thread
« Reply #1035 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:43 PM »
Ģ56 million in deals already

this could get interesting
spending the lukaku cash in advance?
or morshiri showing the ambition of the club

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »
Ģ56 million in deals already

this could get interesting
spending the lukaku cash in advance?
or morshiri showing the ambition of the club

Bill is only getting round to spending the Arteta money, he's still to spend the Stones and Fellaini money  ;D

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 16, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
Is this the Lukaku/Barkley money?

Klassen a good signing.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 16, 2017, 10:25:42 AM »
Who cares where the money is coming from as long as we are showing ambition by not being scared to pay Ģ25M+ for decent players now rather than our old attitude of ahh that's far too dear. He's not worth that!

I'm delighted we're getting these deals done early and not just talking about it for weeks. Klaasan was Ajax's captain last year and their 2nd top scorer. With all the defensive midfielders we have we badly needed a scoring midfielder.

Hopefully Barkley will stay and fight for his place but I reckon Rom will definitely leave.
I don't think this Niang lad is that great though from what the Milan fans were saying on their discussion boards
He has only scored 29 goals in his 157 game club career to date, a worse record than Niasse, yet loads of clubs seem interested in him.

I'd much rather this Sandro lad who looks to have it all but I think he's taking his time and looking around to see who's interested in him before he decides where he wants to go to. At Ģ6M he would be a steal.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM »
Everton fans tell me this one now...
I see on Twitter than there is a decent split re Barkley in terms of letting him off or keeping him. I honestly want to know how you lads rate him.
In terms of transfer rumours talk of Spurs are flying but he wouldnīt get a sniff with Dele Ali at 10 and the workrate seems to be an issue for Koeman, and Pochettino demands even more in terms of pressing.
I just donīt get how a lad who blows so hot and cold at 23 is valued so much while some Everton fans on twitter are saying Klassen is crap. He is a year older and is way more established.
I am not trolling or messing here, as I genuinely donīt see Barkley being a consistent player all season.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 17, 2017, 05:45:17 PM »
Everton fans tell me this one now...
I see on Twitter than there is a decent split re Barkley in terms of letting him off or keeping him. I honestly want to know how you lads rate him.
In terms of transfer rumours talk of Spurs are flying but he wouldnīt get a sniff with Dele Ali at 10 and the workrate seems to be an issue for Koeman, and Pochettino demands even more in terms of pressing.
I just donīt get how a lad who blows so hot and cold at 23 is valued so much while some Everton fans on twitter are saying Klassen is crap. He is a year older and is way more established.
I am not trolling or messing here, as I genuinely donīt see Barkley being a consistent player all season.
thats it in a nutshell, barkley has shown flashes of brillance but then can disappear in other games. because he's a local lad, all everton fans are desperate for him to succeed but as you said he's 23 now and we probably havent seen him push on the way we all hoped.
its got to the stage now that if he moves, everton fans will be disappointed because 'he's one of our own' but most realise there's players out there with better quality that could take us to the next level. if he signs new contract...great, if he doesnt...ship him out, simple as.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 19, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »
I'd say most of the local fans would want him to stay and to come good but if you're more ruthless like Koeman is I think then you would probably let him go as he's doesn't seem to be reaching the level we all think he can. Maybe it's because of the way we play or the lack of movement ahead of him.
Del Ali certainly has better players around him and Kane shows much more movement and work rate than Lukaku does so maybe it's not all his own fault.

I'd be happy for him to stay but don't think he's an automatic starter any more. He doesn't score enough goals in my eyes and for such a big lad he should be winning a lot more headers also.
I get the feeling he wants to move on as he feels the pressure from the fans and when he loses the ball there is always that Tut feeling.
He might do better away from the home town pressure