Paddy Power projection on Knock Basilica.

Started by T Fearon, August 29, 2017, 11:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samforever

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 31, 2017, 10:24:23 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 31, 2017, 09:23:00 AM
In my opinion there's a hell of a lot if stuff  more offensive on this Board alone,to sincere Catholics,than a cheeky projection of the Virgin Mary holding Sam Maguire on Knock Basilica.
I don't doubt that you are right but it was you who raised the issue originally and I am merely pointing out that the incident was offensive to more than a few callers to Joe Duffy. Where it is placed on a list of offensive incidents is a matter of personal opinion. I think we have both developed our points on the matter and we can agree to differ.

I would be more concerned about the well being of any eejit that actually phones in to a show like Joe Duffy. The couple of times I have heard it I couldn't believe the inane drivel and the ignorant way Duffy treats people. Hard to understand how the likes of Duffy and Nolan get prime time shows

T Fearon

They both have a rare skill in drawing people in,on the most inane topics,portraying themselves as men of the people.No matter what you think both him and Nolan are the excellent broadcasters.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Itchy on September 02, 2017, 12:09:12 AM
The Virgin Mary sure picks her spots to show up in. Where next, a bog in north Longford?

Will we go and visit the holy tree stump, Ted?