Documentaries

Started by 5 Sams, July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: give her dixie on December 28, 2016, 11:41:35 PM
Very enjoyable show on RTE 2 at the present on Panti........

"Queen Of Ireland"
I hope No Wides isn't watching - he'll either have a heart attack or an erection if he sees it.

Or both.

give her dixie

And to top it off. I turn on RTE 1 and they have a special on the "Queen Of Country" ,
our very own Philomena Begley.....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

5 Sams

Anyone else hear the documentary on Butlins in Mosney this evening on Newstalk. Fascinating...loads of memories
The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

macdanger2

Just watched 1945: A Savage Peace, it's about the treatment of ethnic Germans after WWII, makes for a very interesting untold story

5 Sams

Anyone else watching The Keepers on Netflix. Harrowing stuff >:(
The Aristocrat Years

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 27, 2017, 11:42:52 PM
Just watched 1945: A Savage Peace, it's about the treatment of ethnic Germans after WWII, makes for a very interesting untold story

Did you ever see this six hour documentary https://youtu.be/3HWxKahieBY well worth a watch.

leenie

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 28, 2017, 06:18:27 PM
Anyone else watching The Keepers on Netflix. Harrowing stuff >:(

Mentioned it on tv recommendations thread - think it's a must watch... you couldn't even make it up.

What you make of fr Gerry ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

omaghjoe

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on May 29, 2017, 02:06:45 PM

Did you ever see this six hour documentary https://youtu.be/3HWxKahieBY well worth a watch.

Ive heard great things about this but never watched it. I suppose I should make a point of it.

Isnt it banned in a ton of countries also?

What did you think?

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2017, 08:32:31 PM

Ive heard great things about this but never watched it. I suppose I should make a point of it.

What did you think?

Omagh Joe I thought it was the best documentary i ever seen. When you see whats happening in the world today you can see how its related. You won't be disappointed you will also see how much we've been lied too.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on May 29, 2017, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2017, 08:32:31 PM

What did you think?

Omagh Joe I thought it was the best documentary i ever seen. When you see whats happening in the world today you can see how its related. You won't be disappointed you will also see how much we've been lied too.

Yeah well I figured that out a wile back sort of apprehensive about hearing this perspective as I know I wont be able to help myself if it comes up in conversation, and its so faux pax to show anything that deviates from the consensus on the events of WW2, probably even more so here in the US.

I discovered if you make an argument that goes against the grain you're better stressing you're points in increments. Some times if you overwhelm people with new information they can get very defensive. Just my own experience.

When you get a chance to watch the show Id be interested to see what you think.

Germany never officially surrendered at the end of world war two. It is still under occupation their leader Angela Merkel is a huge Zionist.

I have lived in the US now for quite a while so I know the craic. But what I could never understand is how so many German Americans could take part in the total destruction of their home land.

Hardy

Where are you going with this, lads?

Syferus

omaghjoe

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on May 29, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
I discovered if you make an argument that goes against the grain you're better stressing you're points in increments. Some times if you overwhelm people with new information they can get very defensive. Just my own experience.

When you get a chance to watch the show Id be interested to see what you think.

Germany never officially surrendered at the end of world war two. It is still under occupation their leader Angela Merkel is a huge Zionist.

I have lived in the US now for quite a while so I know the craic. But what I could never understand is how so many German Americans could take part in the total destruction of their home land.

TBH your not enticing me to watch it with those last two sentences, Ive read good seemingly fair reviews but it also seems to attract the favourability of certain doctrine that should be irrelevant.

But I'll say no more until I get around to watching it, especially with Hardy policing the thread