Eir Classic GAA

Started by AZOffaly, August 10, 2017, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2017, 10:56:27 AM
I have the BT Sports package, and it comes with that.

I have BT Sport. Which channel is it on?

AZOffaly

It's usually on eir sports 1. 423 on the Sky Platform I think.

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2017, 04:25:35 PM
It's usually on eir sports 1. 423 on the Sky Platform I think.

Nah don't have that. I'm on the BT box. Maybe that's why.

thejuice

Quote from: Main Street on August 10, 2017, 11:35:46 PM
That 1991  Meath Down game is still a nail biter.

It's too painful still that game for me to be objective about it. I never heard what neutrals thought of it. We only seemed to come alive when O'Rourke came on.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

shark

Quote from: thejuice on August 19, 2017, 01:10:32 PM

It's too painful still that game for me to be objective about it. I never heard what neutrals thought of it. We only seemed to come alive when O'Rourke came on.

I was too young to appreciate it at the time, but love watching it back. It's almost as if I expect a different outcome every time.

Main Street

Quote from: shark on August 19, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
Quote from: thejuice on August 19, 2017, 01:10:32 PM

I was too young to appreciate it at the time, but love watching it back. It's almost as if I expect a different outcome every time.
When Colm came on he looked like a mummy, an acl rupture in both legs? or a triple hamstring strain?  Perhaps he could move a few steps each way. I remember him scoring a longish range point and the uplifting effect he had on a beaten team. Most times the focus in such games is on what the winning team players did, but for me Colm's is the enduring memory from that game.

Those were the days when Meath came back from almost being pulled up.  With each point scored  as they clawed their way back, the crowd noise would get that bit louder, until it became a preordained script that just had to be played out.
I haven't watched that game in years but by I think somewhere  by hook or crook Down managed to score an important point to just about hold their finger in the dyke.

I was in Dublin for the semi final Down v Kerry, but not for the final.
I was sent a vhs tape of the game, it arrived a week afterwards but I had kept myself uninformed about the game. It was one of the few vhs tapes that survived a ruthless purge some years ago.